www.funwestdoll.com

Latex smell ?

Lush Latex Love Dolls...Travel companions that fit in your backpack. Often ranging from $150 to $300
Paul60

Latex smell ?

Post by Paul60 »

Does anyone know if the smell of latex ever wears off or are we stuck with it ?

Would bathing her get rid of the latex odor ?

Paul60

Re: Latex smell ?

Post by Paul60 »

I can't take her to the shower/bath as there are always my wife & family at home.

I'm sure they can sniff latex all through the house though ! Arrgggh!!!

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Some suggestions - sponge bath with scented dish soap detergent. or if the latex is oxidized spray treatment with amour all.
Storage in a box with baking soda or coffee grounds to remove the odor - just like a De-odorizer in the the fridge.
My two cents,
Mark
<em>I know the good artist</em>

Paul60

Post by Paul60 »

pygmalion2 wrote:Some suggestions - sponge bath with scented dish soap detergent. or if the latex is oxidized spray treatment with amour all.
Storage in a box with baking soda or coffee grounds to remove the odor - just like a De-odorizer in the the fridge.
My two cents,
Mark
Thanks Mark,

I'll give the baking soda/coffee grounds a try.

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

The French Latex air-dolls have in my opinion a - total turn On smell - I find that smell arousing - but then again - I am not in your situation - so I see your need for stealth

Be glad you did not get the old Hungarian made Latex air dolls - those had an aroma that lingered for - well lets just say a very long time -

Best of luck - remember to support the dolls head - its only glued on to the body - twisting/ torque forces will weaken that bond - and cause air leaks

Paul60

Post by Paul60 »

yorktown wrote:8) Howdy

The French Latex air-dolls have in my opinion a - total turn On smell - I find that smell arousing - but then again - I am not in your situation - so I see your need for stealth

Be glad you did not get the old Hungarian made Latex air dolls - those had an aroma that lingered for - well lets just say a very long time -

Best of luck - remember to support the dolls head - its only glued on to the body - twisting/ torque forces will weaken that bond - and cause air leaks
Thanks Yorktown,

I think the latex odor is gradually subsiding. I don't mind it either, but I wonder if the missus can smell it and wonders what it could be ! :mrgreen:

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

Get her some Latex wearable s - blame it on that - :thumbs_up:

or buy some new shower curtains and other stuff that has plastics smell to it for the house - that's a two fer - in that you hide the true identity of the French Mademoiselle, and you get new shower curtains, plastic mats for the bathroom

Paul60

Post by Paul60 »

yorktown wrote:8) Howdy

Get her some Latex wearable s - blame it on that - :thumbs_up:

or buy some new shower curtains and other stuff that has plastics smell to it for the house - that's a two fer - in that you hide the true identity of the French Mademoiselle, and you get new shower curtains, plastic mats for the bathroom
Hah! :thumbs_up:

MATE16
Ex-Member

Post by MATE16 »

i also had this problem in my head. and thanks for asking and answering :)

Aerial

Post by Aerial »

Store latex when completely dry (else it will rot) in an airtight PE bag or fridge box away from light. This prevents it from reacting with ozone that causes the bitter smell. Other smells may be partly absorbed by active carbon deodorizers (sold for fridge or kitchen hood) in the box. You also may treat it with Febreze fabric deodorizer; it contains a sugar-based chemical that absorbs smells. But I am not 100% sure how latex-safe this is (a Stretch Armstrong and some other latex things rotted to pulp over time, those had been also treated with it - it might be that the sugar attracts germs those decompose latex).

acq35
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by acq35 »

i would also try mark's suggestion. thanks for sharing :D

INFORMATIONS