DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

Official PIB Website Updated

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Re: Website Updated

Post by toonist »

Thanks guys.
I love when a face can finally go from sculpt...to cast piece. It absolutely changes them. I don't know how, but it surely does.
It's as though I spend all this time sculpting and molding and in the end, a face that I don't even recognize comes out to see me.
It makes my assistant crazy as I am never completely satisfied with them...but, they quickly grow on me.
This Hope head is really fun to take photos of.
I always want to see what is waiting around the corner. So, we'll immediately cast another and give her very different coloring...and watch her morph into someone else. Having a bunch of wigs available is also the way to go.

The Gaia head is coming next. I opened her mouth a bit so she will be "functional".
Attachments
hope outside.jpg
hope outside.jpg (113.28 KiB) Viewed 6614 times

Silvia
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Silvia »

I rather like the more closed mouth, they look less.......surprised? She is just hot :multi:

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Hi!
Tonight we made some wonderful changes to the site. Some of the changes include a whole section that's devoted to ordering our heads separately.
This should make ordering them a lot easier. Onward and upward!!!!
P

marcusveraq
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by marcusveraq »

Very nice face-great features . Her looks would work well with lots of different skin tones and hair types. Shes multi-racial looking....Perfect!!!! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Incognito
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Incognito »

Hey Patrick, I tried to check out the changes that were made to your site today and didn't get past the front page. Every time I clicked the pictures on the front page there was a quick load, but nothing happened. Are you doing some maintainence? Is anyone else having this problem?
....one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened....

B-Zilla Lives
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by B-Zilla Lives »

Incognito wrote:Hey Patrick, I tried to check out the changes that were made to your site today and didn't get past the front page. Every time I clicked the pictures on the front page there was a quick load, but nothing happened. Are you doing some maintainence? Is anyone else having this problem?
Everything works fine for me. :?
Bubbles' #1 Fan

Incognito
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Incognito »

That's strange. I'll try again.

Incognito
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Incognito »

Nope. Still can't get onto the site. I'm using Windows Vista, what is your OS?

B-Zilla Lives
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by B-Zilla Lives »

Incognito wrote:Nope. Still can't get onto the site. I'm using Windows Vista, what is your OS?
Mac OS X Tiger
Bubbles' #1 Fan

Incognito
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Incognito »

Thanks. Can anyone with a Windows OS access the site?

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Hi,
I've notified my web guy to look for any upload issues. He'll check all the platforms again I'm sure.
I appreciate your letting us know about it. Thanks, P

Doge

Post by Doge »

Incognito wrote:Thanks. Can anyone with a Windows OS access the site?
I'm using Windows 7 and had no trouble today accessing the site.

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Hey hey,
We enabled Windows IE 6...though it's only in use by a small percentage of computer users. So, all should be well.
We'll be adding new vids, pics, and "accessories" like torsos, hands, feet...etc, very regularly. Making those sorts of goodies is how we began this wacky business.
Two reasons we don't make all the toys anymore,...we're beyond busy with the full dolls. They take all of our attention and energy...and, the old tin based molds are just not compatible with the platinum silicone we use now. We're remolding as we go.
Just opened a new mold for the Gaia head tonight. She has a usable mouth. Nice!
So, we'll cast her tomorrow in our Mocha color and show some pics before we send her out.
P

jm6o8u
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by jm6o8u »

I'm using Vista went to Pacific island beauty had no trouble getting in and poking around
I had some trouble while back getting in here are cleared my cookies about 10 times it finally started working all by itself
Don't know exactly what I did to fix it besides clearing temporary Internet files and cookies

Hope that helps

Sincerely JM

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

toonist wrote:Hey hey,
We enabled Windows IE 6...though it's only in use by a small percentage of computer users. So, all should be well.
We'll be adding new vids, pics, and "accessories" like torsos, hands, feet...etc, very regularly. Making those sorts of goodies is how we began this wacky business.
Two reasons we don't make all the toys anymore,...we're beyond busy with the full dolls. They take all of our attention and energy...and, the old tin based molds are just not compatible with the platinum silicone we use now. We're remolding as we go.
Just opened a new mold for the Gaia head tonight. She has a usable mouth. Nice!
So, we'll cast her tomorrow in our Mocha color and show some pics before we send her out.
P
I'll be intrigued to see what you do with the hands. Talking about good working fingers that bend correctly and hold things is something I get kidded about, but only because people have taken for granted that doll fingers are just floppy appendages at the ends of arms or worse, a wire poke hazard. I'd like to see them become functional. You had mentioned something about that a few months ago, but I haven't really seen anything authoritative about it on the website. All I saw were a few finger photos against a red background, and the way there were photographed was unconvincing. Do you have a finger demonstration coming up with the new photos/vids? What's the latest on finger technology? Thanks.
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

INFORMATIONS