DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

New Questions for PIB Owners

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
mrmalek

New Questions for PIB Owners

Post by mrmalek »

Maybe these questions have been answered before, so please be gentle. lol.
Weight with the head on?
Weight with the head removed?
Height with the head attached?
Shoe size?
Dress size?
Bra size?
Panty size?
Does the head tilt forward, backward, sideways?
How easy do the eyes move, and can they be moved safely from the front of the head?
Easier to dress with the head removed?
And anything else you can think of!
Any and all information is greatly appreciated, thank you.

mrmalek

*New Questions for PIB Owners

Post by mrmalek »

Well, actually, same questions as before. It's the waiting and anticipation which is causing this madness! LOL!
Maybe these questions have been answered before, so please be gentle. lol.
Weight with the head on?
Weight with the head removed?
Height with the head attached?
Shoe size?
Dress size?
Bra size?
Panty size?
Does the head tilt forward, backward, sideways?
How easy do the eyes move, and can they be moved safely from the front of the head?
Easier to dress with the head removed?
And anything else you can think of!
Any and all information is greatly appreciated, thank you.
And, oh yes, the photo to the left is in reality Mr. Malek. (In case you were wondering).

Polemist
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Questions for PIB Owners

Post by Polemist »

Hi mrmalek.

I don't think I can answer everything, but there is some information available on the PIB website. However...

Weight with the head on? see PIB website
Weight with the head removed? I guess the head weighs 5-6 pounds
Height with the head attached? 5' 4" = 162 cms
Shoe size? UK: actually 3, but will take 2, or even 1. Depends on shoe style. Basically, small! If you take a look at my photos in the album, http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=2972 & http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=3282 you will see there black strappy shoes which are size 3 (UK) and on the second one, ballet pumps which are size 1, and quite tight. By the way, shoes with straps are good - they don't fall of so easily when wrestling with the doll.
Dress size? Hmm - difficult. Tiny waist. UK 10 or 12, but waist will be loose.
Bra size? Still finding out. Someone somewhere on this forum said 30 D. Sounds feasible.
Panty size? UK 12.
Does the head tilt forward, backward, sideways? Yes to all, but ONLY from the neck. The head will swivel on the neck, but not tilt. For that you have to bend the whole neck, which is perfectly do-able.
How easy do the eyes move, and can they be moved safely from the front of the head? Best moved from inside, but can be done to some extent from outside. Difficult to get enough control from front of head to get them exactly even. Disconcerting result!!
Easier to dress with the head removed? Yes.

And anything else you can think of! Buy PIB!! Very real - very pretty.

Hope that's useful.

Regards,

Polemist.

Fruithead
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Fruithead »

I read on a similar thread (by Biotrox I think) that the shoe size is 5 and the dress size 2 (uk equivalent is 6). I have bought clothes and shoes based on this in preperation for Sunny's arrival, so I am hoping your measurements are wrong! :D

Polemist
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Polemist »

Hi Fruithead. (conjures up a lovely picture!! :glou: )

I think the thing is what type of dress / design it is. I have had Sophie wearing a dress showing size "1/2" on the lable - presumably for the US market. It is this one:
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/di ... 3038&pos=6

As you can see it is a snug fit, though around the bust it was tight - too tight really. The zip needed a LOT of persuasion.

This picture:
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/di ... 3208&pos=4
shows the same doll wearing a blouse which is UK size 12, and is a comfortably and appropriately loose fit.

The "problem" with the Bathing Beauty is the waist size. It is VERY small (Yummy) by comparison to the bust and hips. So:

1. Blouses = aim to fit the bust. PIB website shows 33" - I haven't measured (I keep getting distracted...)
Note that the waist WILL be loose.
2. Skirt = aim to fit the hips. PIB website shows 36".
Note that the waist WILL be loose.
3. Dress: tight fitting / elastic (body hugging?) = go for size 2; it will probably stretch around the bust and hips.
I HAVE had Sophie wearing a size UK 14 dress; it looked fine, but had a belt at the waist which served to
take it in. (Looked good - didn't take any photos - sorry...) Stuff that has buttons down the front is far easier to manage, in general. I suppose a rule of thumb would be: Garment elasticated / lycra? = go small. Garment not stretchy? = go bigger to fit around / over bust / hips, though waist will be loose.

I have noticed that ANY garment which is designed to cover the lower half of the body, and partially unzips (back, side, skirt , dress...) might present you with problems in terms of getting it on over those lovely hips and that bit that sticks out at the back - erm - bottom, I suppose. In fact, the skirt she is wearing in this one:

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/di ... 208&pos=21 (keep yer eyes on the SKIRT!)

was really hard to get on over those hips - the zip just didn't undo far enough. Managed it gradually, without damage to lady, clothing or me. That is one reason why the "I'm gradually removing my clothing for you" style I seem to have slotted into, has her pulling the skirt up rather than down. In the circumstances, I just refused to be kept waiting that long...

Regards, Polemist. :lol:

mrmalek

Post by mrmalek »

Thank You for all the information. I am slowly, but surely purchasing clothing, props, and all the photographic gear I need for the arrival of PIB "Thoralycious". Now, if I could only figure out how to post the photographs on TDF. (I really am not a very proficient computer person, and actually, am very lucky to get to this website).

Silvia
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Silvia »

I think I remember seeing a tutorial some place.....

but anyhow:

1. find a website to host your photos like "Flicker" or "images hack"...you can google these to find them....make an account.
2. Upload the pictures from your computer to your account. This is done a little different for every hosting service...but it is not hard.
3. Once uploaded your picture will have an address on the net. Ex:

Http:///randomeimagehostingsite.youraccount.album/dollpicture/dollpicture567.jpeg

You'll copy that to clipboard (highlight the address then, control button held down plus the letter C)

4. Inside your post reply on this forum press the "Img" button at the top middle of the tools section for posts. It will make some texts that says [lmg][lmg/] ...in the very middle between the two "][" paste your address....

5. it should look like this in your typed post...

[lmg]http://randomeimagehostingsite.youracco ... re567.jpeg[lmg/]

6. Hit the preview button to to preview the post.

Alternatively you can just upload them to the doll album :) !!! and put a link in your post!

mrmalek

Post by mrmalek »

Thank you Silvia.............Your instructions were so easy to follow. I couldn't follow the instructional video in the "Help" tab of TDF (ok, I'm a slow learner, but now I understand). Setting up an account in the doll gallery was the key. So, when Thoralycious arrives, I will be able to post photographs for all to see. Thanks again!
PIBs RULE!!!!

janesays
Ex-Member

Re: *New Questions for PIB Owners

Post by janesays »

Can anybody help mr.malek?Toonist?

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Lets see...
Obviously this info should be on our website...
Weight with head on..about 80 lbs...5 lbs less without the head.
I thought she was 5'7" but since she is sitting, that's my approximation.
Shoe size...5
Dress size...go for something smallish, like a 1...her waist is tiny 22 inches, so dresses should be
able to be brought in at the waist.
Bra..34 c
Panty size...when we dress a piece to be shipped out I always buy a small camisole and thong.
The neck tilts every which way...we actually added a bit of strength to the neck recently to better support the head.
There are slits inside the opening of the head that allow you to adjust the eyes from the back.
You may also adjust them from the front using a pencil eraser.
Our new silicone ring around the top of the neck also creates a good vacuum that holds on the head.
When you remove the head it makes that "schlooop" sound as if you are breaking the vacuum seal.
One of the nice features of the doll that sometimes gets forgotten...if you find yourself traveling, you can
just bring along the dolls head, and the fun does not have to stop. She is most happy to oblige.
One tip on dressing and moving the head...I remove the wig each time and just place it back on after the head is in place.
Everybody has their own style. I look at some of the pics with the awesome outfits and just marvel at the energy that goes into those shots.
Hope this helps. It's a lot of fun dressing them.
We get caught up in it here and our day gets shot sometimes!
P

mrmalek

Post by mrmalek »

Thank you janesays for reviving my question, and thank you toonist for the wealth of information. I have obtained some of the answers from a previous question, however, all the short cuts will allow me to set up and photograph "Thoralycious" with a minimum of experimentation. Still working to construct the "boat building" winch system...........this has become more than I anticipated, but the results will be, hopefully, worth the effort. Thanks again!

ric1853
Ex-Member

Post by ric1853 »

I think Patrick just about covered everything, but I will add that if you dress her in long pants put panty hose on her first the pants slide up easier and she's easier to dress if you powder her first, I dress Destiny from the bottom up. I always try to use shoe that have straps on the ankles, you can tighten them up and even put a extra hole in the strap if you need to. In shorts and skirts i've always used a size three they seem to fit pretty good in jeans she wear a size 3 also and all these sizes are for juniors, in skin tight dresses I use a size small and she looks pretty hot in them. The best thing is she will wear what ever you want , when ever you want, just think about that for a min.
Best Wishes
Ric
My Doll Album
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11918<br /><br />

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

hello ric1853 , i like the picture of her sitting on the couch with a drink in hand its a sexy look and pose nicely done !! :)

Trenton

Post by Trenton »

I have a question, too, does anyone own a PIB doll with a Gaia head?

INFORMATIONS