DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

Questions [PIB customers please]

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
SkyWalker206

Questions [PIB customers please]

Post by SkyWalker206 »

Dear PIB customers,

I would like to know some comments from you. becasue the information I got is still limited. I can only look at these pictures and I think I am putting $6000 something into a real product not pictures.

Have you encountered any poke-throughs or tears and pose constraints so far? It seems that there is no bolt between PIB head and neck so I guess the head will be wobby and it may easily fall out of the body?

Thank you.

ric1853
Ex-Member

Re: Questions [PIB customers please]

Post by ric1853 »

Hello Dollseeker
Maybe I can help answer some of your questions, around the top of the neck on a pib there is a ring that keep the head on;and its been almost a year and Destiny not lost her head yet, there been no tears or any finger wire pokes, Patrick puts something on top of the finger wires to keep that from happiening, as far as poses go check out my pics or chariewone or trevors, they will give you a good idea of what there capable of. I don't think you can beat the personal serviice Patrick gives, he really cares about his customers and each doll he creates, he a true artist and it shows in his work. I don't think you can go wrong with a PIB.
ALL THE BEST
RIC
My Doll Album
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11918<br /><br />

SkyWalker206

Post by SkyWalker206 »

ric1853 wrote:Hello Dollseeker
Maybe I can help answer some of your questions, around the top of the neck on a pib there is a ring that keep the head on;and its been almost a year and Destiny not lost her head yet, there been no tears or any finger wire pokes, Patrick puts something on top of the finger wires to keep that from happiening, as far as poses go check out my pics or chariewone or trevors, they will give you a good idea of what there capable of. I don't think you can beat the personal serviice Patrick gives, he really cares about his customers and each doll he creates, he a true artist and it shows in his work. I don't think you can go wrong with a PIB.
ALL THE BEST
RIC
Thank you very much, RIC.

The reason is I live in Asia so the service/repair become greater concerns for me here if I go for a doll created in USA

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

And if may also be permitted to ask a few questions about the posability please.

Can the back bend at all, in all the photos of PIB's sitting it looks as though the only movement is at the hips , is it possible for the upper torso to bend from side to side and twist?

Also can the hands twist at the wrist and feet move from the straight ahead position?

And then of course theres the neck, how much movement is there , side to side and backward and forward ?

I'm thinking of a PIB as a replacement for my old , disintegrating RD's, thing is I would not want less range of movement that an RD offers.

But they certainly have the looks though. :)

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Hi,
I found some collector pics that demonstrate a little of her flexibility.
If there is a way that she cannot move, I haven't seen it.
We do not use metal joints that can lock up, break or need tightening.
With the constant changes we make to the skeleton, you'll be quite pleased with her abilities to move every which way.
Is she flexible...indeed! :)
P
Attachments
NK-06.JPG
NK-06.JPG (370.27 KiB) Viewed 13217 times
a25.JPG
a25.JPG (127.89 KiB) Viewed 13217 times

brotha-d

Post by brotha-d »

Dollseeker0206 wrote: It seems that there is no bolt between PIB head and neck so I guess the head will be wobby and it may easily fall out of the body?
PIB's head is hollow and is held to the neck with quite a bit of suction. You'll probably have more problems with wigs falling off than heads falling off. :)
rentell wrote:And if may also be permitted to ask a few questions about the posability please.
Received my PIB Torso last week and I can back up their flexibility claims. I found mine to be very flexible although the skeleton does want to return to it's neutral position if it's not being held in place. On a full doll I imagine one would use her arms, legs and positioning to obtain whatever pleasurable contortion you have in mind.

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

Thanks for the replies one and all but sadly none of my questions have really received a specific answer.
ie; can the back bend and twist?
Although its a revelation to hear that the doll will not hold a pose, shame cause I like taking pics of dolls.

brotha-d

Post by brotha-d »

rentell wrote:Thanks for the replies one and all but sadly none of my questions have really received a specific answer.
ie; can the back bend and twist?
Although its a revelation to hear that the doll will not hold a pose, shame cause I like taking pics of dolls.
The back and legs on my torso are flexible and can bend (with pressure). I've made her hips and back twist as toonist posted in one of his pictures. There's plenty of photo's out there with the doll in many positions.

That's as much as I can tell you since I only own a torso. As far as I can tell, photographers are using the weight of the doll's legs and arms and how the doll is positioned to get her to hold poses.

CharlieWone
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CharlieWone »

Hey All,
Thought I'd share a few pics of Lana,
to show some of her abilities...
Standing with the use of a neck hook...
Lana-pose.JPG
Lana-pose.JPG (98.77 KiB) Viewed 13051 times
She can twist at the waist...
Lana-Twist.JPG
Lana-Twist.JPG (124.96 KiB) Viewed 13051 times
Wrists bend, fingers pose...
Lana-pose3.JPG
Lana-pose3.JPG (113.38 KiB) Viewed 13051 times
Thinking about what's next...
Lana-pose4.JPG
Lana-pose4.JPG (265.24 KiB) Viewed 13051 times
Oops fell off the chair...
Lana-pose5.JPG
Lana-pose5.JPG (332.65 KiB) Viewed 13051 times
Just so you will know, she's getting some help in a few of these pictures holding the pose,
but that's part of the fun :D
You can also check out my girl Ayla, at http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=3566
for some different poses. Thanks. Charlie. and Lana.

Timezone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Timezone »

PIB doll has no skeleton in ams and legs like Real Doll so cannot be posed at a doggie position unsupported..but esthetically georgeous in a body shape design..

[To new readers from Incognito: PIB dolls DO have skeletons, they just differ from those found in RD. This is for a reason directly relating to posability and durability (less maintenance)]

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Hello from Hungary!! Having a great time.
To say our doll has no skeleton is preposterous. I don'tknow why someone would say such rediculousness. Because someone says a thing does not make it true. Strange.
Anyway, have a great weekend...
P

tigerwhite
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by tigerwhite »

To spend $6000 on a PIB or RD was all the choice I let myself have, It's obvious you can't go wrong with either one. My decision were based on the less costly one and also the Fujiko face was the most attractive to me anyway, so I wasted no time just went for it. I knew the wait was going to be awhile, so the less researching, the less wait.
P.S. It was either pay off my 06 Impala or A PIB doll. I chose PIB. No regrets.

tchon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by tchon »

Hi Timezone,
please check with Rule 10 of the RoC: http://dollforum.com/tdf_rules.html
What you wrote sounds to me like you want to say that the PIB has completely floppy arms and legs with no tubes etc. within, which is simply not true.
Maybe you just want to say that the joints in PIB do not have the friction some other dolls have? (Before the joints come loose, that is.)
(Btw I am not aware of any manufacturer proposing to pose dolls doggie style unsupported.)
I do not have a PIB myself, so I cannot say something definite here, all I know is hearsay.

Edit: got feedback from other members who understood it differently as well, i.e. you just said the PIB skeleton is not like the RD skeleton, not no skeleton at all. So I see this is just a misunderstanding.

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

I had a chat with Patrick... well emails anyway, and he kindly answered all my questions with a great big YES.

A very nice doll and also a very nice guy to talk to.

And thanks for the photo's,CharlieWone, you show off her charms superbly with some stunning poses

jerryboy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jerryboy »

I just recently recieved my doll so I can say that I am very satisfied with the doll with some reservations. If you want to order a PIB doll, I would
advise to not order the wired fingers, cause they will poke through after moving her about some, and quite quickly. This feature has not yet been perfected yet, especially with "play" in mind. However the purchase is well worth it if this is the choice you want make as far as a silicone doll for home companionship.
The doll arrives in a box that's not reinforced, so beware of the difficulty in moving it. The positives are that she will arrive undamaged most likely and once you see Patricks craftsmenship, you will be in awe dispite any issues on arrival. I found a blemish repair or two that for me was acceptable since it did not deter from the dolls awesome beauty. Here is a link if you want to view my purchase... enjoy.

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=12967

INFORMATIONS