DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

A Few Weeks with a Private Island Beauty - A Review

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
Zarnon
Former Member

A Few Weeks with a Private Island Beauty - A Review

Post by Zarnon »

A few weeks with a PIB – A Review

Please note:

I'm starting to do comparative reviews based on my experience with dolls I’ve owned. This is in preparation for a “mega review” I’m going to give sometime later this fall; I'm hoping to include a new 4Woods, Wicked Lupe and Anatomic. 8)

Relative rankings are from left to right with left being the lowest in any category. Keep in mind that being lowest may actually be very good in a small selective field like this. Some of these dolls represent an older version from a particular manufacturer (RD and 4Woods).

Introduction

The PIB is another “up and coming” doll from a relatively new manufacturer. After my positive experience with Ruby I was really looking forward to this doll. So far I have not been disappointed although with every doll, “nothing’s perfect”.

Ordering and service

Ordering was very easy via their website although you have to make 2 payments via paypal. Communication was generally pretty good via phone and email. I ordered the bathing beauty in the fair skin style, Eden face, enhanced blue eyes and blonde pubic hair. It took approximately 2 months from order date to delivery. Grade: A

I cannot relatively rank service because I’ve gotten excellent service from RealDoll, 4Woods, R13 and PIB.

Aesthetics

The aesthetics are where the doll really shines. For some reason my doll neck does not support the head without bending forward. So with the neck hook I cannot see my entire doll. It’s when I get her “en la cama” that I can really appreciate the styling.

Despite how the doll looks in photos, she’s probably the most “built” body styling I have. If you don't like dolls that seem to end at the waist with stick thighs look no further. The bathing beauty style has thick meaty thighs with a beautiful booty. There were complemented by the athletic waist and perfectly sized boobs. The doll came with almost no discernable seams. The face is beautiful and the lips feel thick and beautiful. Overall the aesthetics really drive the experience for me. Wonderful.

The insert is beautiful and the hymen is a nice touch. I’ll get into it a little more in function.

A few problems. The glue maybe wasn’t fully dry or something but the eyelashes are twisted which means I’m going to have to cut them out and re-glue. Not something you want with a face that’s this pretty. I’m gonna give a try but if I’m not happy with the result I’m going to send back for redo. It’s really a bummer when something this nice is marred. The pubic hair doesn’t look so much implanted as glued on the silicone. The lower right edge was already loose coming out of the box and I’m worried about durability.

I’ll include some relative rankings below in other categories but it’s impossible for me to do so in aesthetics. I’m not shelling out 5-7k for something I think is marginally pretty. The only thing I can objectively rank is the amount of body detail which would go like this:

R13 >> BoyToy>>PIB/RD>> 4Woods.

In summary, the PIB has an excellent combination of body details and overall badaboom body “wow” factor.

Aesthetic grade: A+ Production grade: A

Silicone

The PIB silicone mix is firmer than a Ruby’s ; softer than Hiroo’s (4Woods) “old” mix. I’d put her equivalent to my old Boy Toy. The breasts are softer than the rest and really nice. They don't bounce like a Ruby’s but then again, no one else’s does either. :D The insert feeling is very good reminding me again of the Boy Toy. The fair skin has a nice pinkish tone which very realistic. The freckles are a nice complement to this skin tone.

Softness: B+ Coloration: A

Here’s how I’d rank them on the softness scale.

Overall Softness: 4Woods >> BoyToy/PIB >>TIN RD >>Ruby13
Breast Softness: BoyToy>>Tin RD>>PIB/4Woods>> Ruby13

Skeleton

The skeleton reminds me of the R13. It’s loose at the elbows and it’s much more difficult to get the doll to “hold” you like a 4Woods or RD. The arms fall off although are easy to more.

Poseability will be an issue. I’m still not sure if the inability to hold the head up straight is something I’m doing , a flaw in general or just with my doll. I’ll update when possible. I’ve already written Patrick and can push the neck upright but once the head is on it just falls down. It’s not an issue during sex but a large reason why I gave PIB the lowest in skeleton for photos.

The legs are in a bent position that is actually helpful with sex (like the R13) but may make taking certain photos more difficult. You can see the skeleton rankings change based on what your intent is.

I haven’t done official weights and I’m still waiting on my Wicked but I’m pretty sure this doll is the heaviest of all. Keep in mind despite how the photos look she’s also one of the larger ones and certain areas (like thighs) are larger than many other dolls. Still, maneuverability will require strong arms/back. In bed this is less of an issue but something to consider if you’re going to be doing a lot of transferring or photos. Here’s how it feels to me although I haven’t put them on the scale. I don’t know how this compares to “official” weights.

Grade: B

Here’s how I rank them in terms of different metrics:

Weight (highest to lowest): PIB Bathing beauty>>Tin RD B2>>Tin RD B4>>4Wood Peach>>Ruby13 Ruby
Skeleton (for sex) Tin RD>> 4Woods>>Boy Toy>>PIB>> Ruby13
Skeleton (for photos) PIB>>Ruby 13>>Boy Toy>> Tin RD>>4Woods

Sex/Function

Now you’d think that with some of the flaws I’ve mentioned I wouldn’t have had a great sexual experience. That was not the case at all! The weight isn’t such an issue once the doll is on the bed and in fact helps some of the “real” feeling. I’ve already commented on how nice the lower extremities look and it’s an incredible turn on to be with such a beautiful doll. The looks really take over with the head visible in all her glory. The feeling is wonderful where it counts (insert, breasts, mouth). It’s a great kissing experience almost as good as a RD. This is going to be one of my favorite dolls for sex.

Grade: A

Vaginal feeling: The dolls I’ve had have included a mixture of insert and fixed (permanent). Here’s how I’d rank them in feeling and aesthetic.
Vaginal Feeling: 4Woods (fixed)>> RD tin (B2/B4, both fixed)>> Boy Toy (insert) >> PIB (insert) >>R13 (fixed)
Vaginal aesthetic: R13>>RD tin>> Boy Toy>>4 Woods>>PIB

Durability

This is yet to come and will need to be part of a larger, more comprehensive review. So far I’ve had no breaks or problems other than what came with the PIB (eyelashes and neck). See you at one year. ;)

Conclusions

The PIB represents a nice addition to the expanding US doll market. She's a great combination of athletic looks and sexual function. For a wonderful bedroom experience you're not going to be disappointed. If you're more of a photo person you may want to consider the caveats above.
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

sedett
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: A Few Weeks with a Private Island Beauty - A Review

Post by sedett »

Hi Zarnon great early review. I am in the process of getting the PIB GND body with the Aria face. I wanted to know if you went with the Super Soft breasts option, or was it available at the time you got Eden. Thanks and can't wait for your full review.

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

Extremely useful info for prospective purchasers of dolls! It must have taken some time to compile too. Great work, Zarnon!

fuji

Post by fuji »

Everhard wrote:Extremely useful info for prospective purchasers of dolls! It must have taken some time to compile too. Great work, Zarnon!
Ditto!! :glou:

Mordian

Post by Mordian »

This is extremely helpful and encompasses all of the dolls I am currently considering. Many thanks, Zarnon.

1jayjay
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by 1jayjay »

Great review, thanks Zarnon . :thumbs_up: You certainly know your dolls, good on you. :D

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

Well done, Zarnon. Thanks for the info. Makes me long even more for my doll.
Also, glad to hear that she lived up to most of your expectations. I saw you mentioned kissing; did you get the tongue feature?
Zarnon wrote:I’m still not sure if the inability to hold the head up straight is something I’m doing , a flaw in general or just with my doll.
Are you considering strengthening the neck like the CharlieW Fix, if it's a design issue?

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

tboogie

Post by tboogie »

Zarnon,

This is a fantastic review! I already had my mind made up about getting a PIB and you review only fortified that decision.

Uncreative

Post by Uncreative »

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. I know it must be very "hard" work to review dolls for the sake of educating the masses.

There is a scene from a movie that just popped into my head. In the movie "LA Story" Steve Martin's character is about to have sex with Sarah Jessica Parker's character for the first time. Before they have undressed he places his hand on her clothed breast. He gets a puzzled look on his face and says "Your breasts feel weird." She responds, "Oh, that's because they're real." It was a dig at how many women in Southern California have had boob jobs. He had never felt a natural breast. Anyway, I can see Zarnon feeling up his dolls and going, "Your breasts feel weird" and the doll responding "Oh, that's because they're not real."

fuji

Post by fuji »

Uncreative wrote:Thanks for taking the time to post your review. I know it must be very "hard" work to review dolls for the sake of educating the masses.

There is a scene from a movie that just popped into my head. In the movie "LA Story" Steve Martin's character is about to have sex with Sarah Jessica Parker's character for the first time. Before they have undressed he places his hand on her clothed breast. He gets a puzzled look on his face and says "Your breasts feel weird." She responds, "Oh, that's because they're real." It was a dig at how many women in Southern California have had boob jobs. He had never felt a natural breast. Anyway, I can see Zarnon feeling up his dolls and going, "Your breasts feel weird" and the doll responding "Oh, that's because they're not real."

stonedpilot

Post by stonedpilot »

Great review, thanx!

CharlieWone
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CharlieWone »

Great review, Zarnon! Takes a long time to
put together all that info and rankings.

And thanks for the mention Netwit, the neck fix has
made a big difference in all aspects from pics to sex!

Can't wait until your Lupe arrives, Zarnon.
I want to hear all about HER!

Charlie.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

A great detailed review, Zarnon.

Makes me even more excited about placing my spring order when my funds start rolling in.

Photos would be nice ;)
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

Very good review Zarnon, you seemed to have covered everything :thumbs_up: I would also love to see a couple of pics :wink:
 Click to go to Coverdoll

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

netwit wrote:Well done, Zarnon. Thanks for the info. Makes me long even more for my doll. Also, glad to hear that she lived up to most of your expectations. I saw you mentioned kissing; did you get the tongue feature?
You know, he did. There's a small airleak somewhere which I'm going to fix. The tongue is slightly too long. I'll go very slowly with the trim. The lips are incredibly kissable and so I haven't been in such a hurry to make fixes! :D
Are you considering strengthening the neck like the CharlieW Fix, if it's a design issue?
Yeah! I forgot about that. For some reason mine won't hold the head upright at all (maybe because with the neck bolt she's slightly forward at the torso). I'll pop a few pics. I think this is one area Patrick could really improve. I'll try the coathanger solution but it would be nice to have some workable neck option right out of the box.
Photos would be nice A great detailed review, Zarnon.
Makes me even more excited about placing my spring order when my funds start rolling in. Photos would be nice ;)
Heh, guilty. I haven't taken pics of any of my new arrivals other than the Ruby head. I just did a spring cleaning on the living room so now's the time. I will see what time I get home tonight and maybe try a few. The morning light works best and I have to shoo my GF out because she's a buzzkill as far as dolls are concerned.
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

INFORMATIONS