Starpery.com

Study topic: Making a large ball joint type love doll.

Got an idea? Need an invention?
dildoll

Re: Study topic: Making a large ball joint type love doll.

Post by dildoll »

Hey gents.....did a LOT of this convo get deleted? New here...but isn't that (if true) censorship? Unwarranted? I'm putting on my foil cap now...;P

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

dildoll wrote:Hey gents.....did a LOT of this convo get deleted? New here...but isn't that (if true) censorship? Unwarranted? I'm putting on my foil cap now...;P
Looks complete to me.
Mods don't delete/edit posts unless there has been a TOS violation of some kind.
If they do, they will usually put a note on the post with the reason it was edited.

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

Went on an Easter egg hunt yesterday....Hemispheres everywhere in every size! They are all somewhat flexible plastic which lend them well to making casts in fiberglass etc, SOON I will post some parts I cast from them and other spherical molds, very sturdy (fiberglass and cloth" and surprisingly smooth, very little finishing is needed! So far I have been adding 4 inch balls to the necks of several heads so I can interchange them from my MQ's body! Using bunge cord material gives me nice movement but may try some sort of spring as to make changing easier and faster! So far three heads for one MQ body...have yet to cut off the existing head that's gonna be the make or break moment but it does work as I tried it on a "bust" I had around!

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

Went on an Easter egg hunt yesterday....Hemispheres everywhere in every size! They are all somewhat flexible plastic which lend them well to making casts in fiberglass etc, SOON I will post some parts I cast from them and other spherical molds, very sturdy (fiberglass and cloth" and surprisingly smooth, very little finishing is needed! So far I have been adding 4 inch balls to the necks of several heads so I can interchange them from my MQ's body! Using bunge cord material gives me nice movement but may try some sort of spring as to make changing easier and faster! So far three heads for one MQ body...have yet to cut off the existing head that's gonna be the make or break moment but it does work as I tried it on a "bust" I had around! Can do similar with arms and legs! I'm working on something now to make a test bed for all my joints, I'm a Starving artist cannot afford 3-d printing yet! Well Mannequin Fans Adapters which fit with Laser precision I might add have been successfully installed in my MQ! Went without a hitch! My "eva" shall be appearing soon....I will continue making my own joints until funds are available.

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

heres some of the balls attached to heads I have in my shop, still rough and need final paint to blend them in..
DSCF9480.JPG
DSCF9480.JPG (1.82 MiB) Viewed 2798 times
DSCF9479.JPG
DSCF9479.JPG (1.91 MiB) Viewed 2798 times
and heres the Coke bottle used to make the balls in fiberglass
DSCF9484.JPG
DSCF9484.JPG (1.75 MiB) Viewed 2798 times
kinda hard to make out but it's the round "holiday" bottles!
DSCF9476.JPG
DSCF9476.JPG (1.81 MiB) Viewed 2798 times
this head wasn't what I expected but I will use her on an "anime" doll project I have in the works, these heads are both vinyl but fiberglass acrylic paint and super glue all bond to them, they just cannot be easily modified like I can with fiberglass heads!

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

I want to put my dick in her smile. or pretend she is laughing at my penis size.

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

LOL! I may try to give her oral capability but since she's vinyl a re sculpt of her mouth won't be easy!

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Hey, I may have to get one of those heads and make her a freaky oral alien babe or something.

My mannequin Nikki's head is vinyl and I was able to bond fiberglass and bondo to her via rough sanding and drilling holes for a mechanical bond. I also used wire armatures for her elf ears.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

Just want to remove and reshape the tip of her nose it's way weird looking, think I'm gonna cut out the mouth and see what can be done in there....

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Yay I've become a doll elder! :o :(

Great stuff FG! Thanks for posting!
I think the head you used is this one right? Fairly inexpensive at $29.
http://www.roxydisplayinc.com/webpage/h ... le/d2.html

Shall I reveal the layered foam torso that you and I have been working on? :)

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

If you want go for it! I won't be moving to fast on it as I have to get ahead on these heads....got one more coming and it needs a major mod..

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

MannequinFan wrote:Yay I've become a doll elder! :o :(

Shall I reveal the layered foam torso that you and I have been working on? :)
Congrats fellow elder. Your reward in 12"s of snow and sub zero cold.

RK :glou:

I nu yuze wuz upta sumtin! Bin gon 2 long. :wink:
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

rubherkitty wrote: Congrats fellow elder. Your reward in 12"s of snow and sub zero cold.
Yes, and to complete the elder picture, I'm sitting here with a blanket on my lap and feet to stay warm by my computer, lol.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

OK, I won't go too far with this yet because we've only had a chance to do a few test pieces, but here is the basic idea for the layered stryofoam concept.

After some discussion we decided to go with just a simple torso without joints as my BJD design isn't complete yet and would involve a significant amount of 3d printing.
This is using the 4'-5" Makehuman model with 1" and 1/2" styrofoam thicknesses. The 1/2" thick is used where the vertical curvature is the greatest, like at the breasts and crotch area.
The shoulders are layered the other direction to get a nice curve at the top of the shoulders.
torso layout.jpg
torso layout.jpg (528.42 KiB) Viewed 2749 times
The section profiles for each slice were saved as PDF files for printing on 8-1/2x14 legal size paper to use as templates to cut the foam pieces.
Below is a typical template. The black line is the bottom edge of the slice and the red line the top edge. Basically it's the top view of the slice as though the styofoam is transparent.
09T.png
09T.png (71.34 KiB) Viewed 2749 times
One issue to look at is that there are several different ways to cut the styrofoam slices.
The quick way is to cut them all out with a scroll saw or band saw just using a square cut and then cut off or fill in the stair steps after the model is assembled. Another way would be to pre-shape each slice with a utility knife, coping saw or hot wire cutter using a varying angle to match both top and bottom edges as you go, which may be more time consuming at the beginning but but less work/material to do the final finishing. Many things to look at.

Many thanks to Fiberglass Guy for lending his exceptional talents in doing this experiment. I think it will be fun to see how it turns out!

:)

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

I did a small test using three slices from the PDF files...blue insulation foam was glued using carpenters glue and was sanded with various grit sandpaper and a thin coat of Dry Dex spackling was used on the finished half. This will work great and now I plan on starting a full sized version!
DSCF9497.JPG
DSCF9497.JPG (1.83 MiB) Viewed 2690 times
DSCF9501.JPG
DSCF9501.JPG (1.87 MiB) Viewed 2690 times
DSCF9498.JPG
DSCF9498.JPG (1.84 MiB) Viewed 2690 times
DSCF9500.JPG
DSCF9500.JPG (1.82 MiB) Viewed 2690 times
Paint is Valspar matched to my mannequins...
DSCF9502.JPG
DSCF9502.JPG (1.83 MiB) Viewed 2690 times

INFORMATIONS