Starpery.com

Moving dolls around in housewith a modified Walker

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Jimjam

Re: Moving dolls around in housewith a modified Walker

Post by Jimjam »

Ekkehard wrote:@Jimjam,

for moving a doll on stairs I use a doll dolly with wheel triangles to overbear these stairs. May be I have to post some pics on the web site or the forum. The only photos of this dolly were taken by Mr. Klee (the German representative of Abyss Creations LLC) who saw this by delivering a forgotten neck bolt for my doll.

The help of a stable neck bolt for moving a heavy doll is essential for me.

Ekkehard
I'm not sure what you mean by 'doll dolly'. A device to lift them by the neck bolt? The stairs to my flat (apartment to some) are very narrow, and the dolls need to be transported with the smallest footprint possible - this means upright in a crate - even then they will have to be lifted to some extent, as there isn't enough turning space on the landing to transcend the next flight. Luckily, there are no stairs in my flat, and i am able to lift them onto a chair affixed to the truck. I have a Mechadoll coming that has a neck bolt, but the Hitdoll doesn't. All the same, i should manage OK, i still have my physical strength.

Jimjam :puppydogeyes:

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

When I can't carry I take them around in midrange priced office chairs. You can get a decent one, for 80 bucks or so.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Sotaichou
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Sotaichou »

little off-topic. but all this talk of moving around the house. :D

This one seems to be designed for stairs.

Can't believe these curve now... 8O

multi level even. 8O

who needs to walk on stairs anymore. :wink:

/g'day.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Want to see more shots of me ladies?...Head to: The Doll Album | The K TEAM Thread | Karamina's Thread | The Kyanna Project

KarmaMusic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by KarmaMusic »

Hi guys I found a solution that works for me, it is callea a tranfer chair look like a Wheel chair but has four small wheels instead of teh big wheels at the back. much cheaper and also narrower so it can go thru the narrow house doors. I will post a picture late today.
KarmaMusic Doll cuddler
Design Technologist

KarmaMusic Gallery
Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

KarmaMusic wrote:Hi guys I found a solution that works for me, it is callea a tranfer chair look like a Wheel chair but has four small wheels instead of teh big wheels at the back. much cheaper and also narrower so it can go thru the narrow house doors. I will post a picture late today.
Post a pic!
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Sotaichou
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Sotaichou »

KarmaMusic wrote:Hi guys I found a solution that works for me, it is callea a tranfer chair look like a Wheel chair but has four small wheels instead of teh big wheels at the back. much cheaper and also narrower so it can go thru the narrow house doors. I will post a picture late today.

ah yes.

/g'day.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Want to see more shots of me ladies?...Head to: The Doll Album | The K TEAM Thread | Karamina's Thread | The Kyanna Project

KarmaMusic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by KarmaMusic »

Well here is how i'm moving the heavier dolls around now. It is called a Transfer chair. note that all the wheels are the same size this make the chair much narrower and easy to get through narrower doorways. I cost me $230 Canadian and all i had to add was a soft pillow for Sophia's butt :-)
IMG_0364m.jpg
IMG_0364m.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 713 times
Side view of Chair
Side view of Chair
IMG_0367m.jpg (1.79 MiB) Viewed 713 times
KarmaMusic Doll cuddler
Design Technologist

KarmaMusic Gallery
Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

I like the idea from the top picture but i have seen other models of this type i like better , i just posted about a modified wheel chair for moving dolls on the inventor's corner , this is the type i am talking about but would have a modified high back for doll support and i would add on pvc pipe to protect the doll with a bump barrier on the front of something like this. :D

windave
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by windave »

Whatever mechanical device you use to move your doll, be sure to pad it well to avoid damage.

INFORMATIONS