Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Hustler Magazine photo-shoot?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

Anyone live near LA and want their doll in Hustler Magazine?

Your doll would be featured in the Realdoll article they are going to publish.

So, please call Dan (editor of Hustler magazine) at (323) 651-5400 x7605

He's ready to shoot now so please connect with him ASAP!!!!

his e-mail is dkapelovitz@lfp.com
Thanks!

Mike

[img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Phyl_T_Mynd
Ex-Member

Post by Phyl_T_Mynd »

And don't worry about any degrading or insulting copy being published along with the pictures of your doll; I'm sure that the HUSTLER people will be perfect ladies and gentlemen!

Corben_99
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Corben_99 »

What months issue is it going to be in? [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

April issue.

Corben_99
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Corben_99 »

Hey Phyl,

Read the horror story Mark went through on the other thread on this subject. I think the Hustler people were not very nice gentleman as you stated. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Tiger

Post by Tiger »

read it HERE

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

The gentleman were from "Skateboarder" magazine.

Anyway, if you don't like the article, e-mail me at mike@conceptsnet.com

I'll take full responsibility for it.

Mark makes wonderful dolls and we all should own one.

fourmaki
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by fourmaki »

Hi all, Mike assures me it won’t be a “slam” article. We have seen that before all to often. I held that posting for weeks. You should have read my first draft. Anyway In the out side chance that the article is a slam I just wanted all to know what I did. Yes a bit paranoid I guess It was a great opportunity ( my Howard Stern) and I hope it still is. I respect all doll lovers and care for. I am one of us and I wouldn’t do a thing to damage this group of ladies and gentlemen.

Today I had a conversation and he tried like the dickens to drag it in to the gutter and I pulled it right back up again. We do have a tussle on our hands. I use the experience of seeing a marital aide in a friend’s nightstand. Was I shocked, no If I found a 100 pound doll in the closet would I be shocked. You tell me, Really what is the difference. Pounds, size, $, whet ever.

Everyday all doll companies are breaking new ground. Dolls sooner than you might think will be ultimate sexual machines. That is my vision. Use then as you may. They are at your beck and call. Weather it be for degradation or worship with or without another. I know many do not understand. I do my best out there as a spokesmen once in a wile. (Not the job that I singed up for ) But you all would be proud how I walk that line with every interview and contact with friends, relatives and neighbors.

Once again Mike says all will be fine. I talk to Mike often he is a great guy and would do nothing to mess us up. I know that. Mike promotes us more than we know out there. He has the same vision as most of us as to the future of this. I know he would do no harm.

Mark
[img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

I OWN two dolls and fuck them all the time! At this time - any publicity is good and Hustler readers will buy the dolls - unless it is said that the dolls fall apart two weeks after you buy them. And we all know Superbabes never fall apart. I'm a "Mook" and proud of it!!!!!

Dan (editor) wants a doll bad!!!!

Besides, only "Mooks" like me read Hustler -

Mike Kelly, proud "Mook" and Hustler reader.

[img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img]

Comments - mike@conceptsnet.com

PS - it was cool seeing my name in the March Hustler mag!!!

Bruce
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Bruce »

There is a growing trend throughout this site, of thinly-veiled Realdoll bashing coming from a vocal minority of Superbabe fans lacking the tact to keep within their appropriate forums. The propensity for damage inherent in earlier Realdolls which has largely been overcome in current models is still being touted as a huge advantage imagined by the Superbabe set; yet their web site has all the familiar cautions about careful handling etc. Silicone is silicone...I doubt there is that much difference in durability. My Leah Realdoll is one year old and has no damage at all.
As this site is open to the public I am concerned that there be no misleading propaganda one way or another. Beware the two-edged sword.

Corben_99
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Corben_99 »

Hey Bruce,
You are probably right on most points. I own a Leah type Realdoll who is only 1 year old also. I have her in the molded position, as stated within the instructions included with the doll. But she has still gotten minor tears here and there. I catch them early so they don't run.

She was made right before the price hike, and does have the new skin. But I am curious as to the nature of her endo skeleton. Does she have the new joints? Or the old style ones that come apart? From time to time I do hear creaking and popping noises coming from within the doll. And that's just from sleeping next to her.

Why still go with PVC bones, and not stainless steel like the Superbabes? Marks doll has metal bones, and it costs a little less than the Realdolls.

I would love to see somebody address doll skeletal issues, that has a working knowledge of just whats going on in there.

I know for a fact Matt fired some dudes that were not welding the joints properly. But did this batch of dolls make it out to consumer hands????? Or was the problem corrected early, and on a timely manner.

Who knows? Do you? At this point in time, the Superbabes are more durable. ( I think they use Burmans SP silicone. ) Maybe not. They even have kevlar.

Remember competition is good for the consumer. Just think of Mark's dolls as the X-box from Microsoft. And Matt's dolls as the Playstation 2. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The choice is yours!!! [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

Both are good products.

I remember reading about the problems at Realdoll with the joints... the dolls that were already shipped went "As Is"... but those in progress were halted and new joints made.

Most if not all realdoll joints make noise. I have seen the process for the manufacture of both, and won't do detailed drawings because I like both Matt and Mark and wouldn't want to give away trade secrets. The Realdoll joints are fabricated by hand and are not at close tolerances.

This does not mean that they are weak... just that they don't fit together with 0.002 inch precision... more like 0.05 inch. So you will hear them moving around a bit.

Mark uses his $200,000.00 CNC machine to kick out a dozen parts in a pass... at 0.002 tolerances. They are quiet.

Looks... hey... I prefer the looks of the Realdoll better. It doesn't mean that I don't like the Superbabe... but I can clearly see that Matt has "the right stuff" in the design of his sculpting.

If I had unlimited funding, I would have Matt make the body and face designs, then have Mark design all the internal parts. Then... I'd have the whole thing cast in Elastomer Gel.

Of course I wouldn't ever come out of my room again... so perhaps it's a good thing that I don't have a fortune! (Yet.)

Matt and Thomas are working closely... I have had conversations with both... many new things are on the horizon. I have offered my services to help with the electronics should they want some assistance.

I like both products... and both men... I consider them friends.

The Superbabe and the Realdoll are both silicone at this point... and both developers are working to find better materials. Matt stopped ordering silicone from one vendor... and scrapped several thousand dollars worth of dolls because it wasn't holding up correctly.

Choose one... love 'em both... your choice. But I will say this... and I will stand by it...

Both Matt and Mark are honest, and try to make the best product that they can manufacture. Both have strengths and weaknesses. You will have to choose which doll best suits YOUR desire.

Both Matt and Mark have a learning curve... the early Realdolls fell apart... the newer ones are much better.. The early Superbabe had problems too. My prototype has several flaws... broken joints, etc.

The difference was that these were detected in the lab and not in the field. Matt was asked to create dolls... and did... then learned. Mark wanted to create them... learned how using already existing technology mostly developed by Matt... then made refinements.

Now with other vendors comming online... look to see new improvements... and both the Superbabe and the Realdoll to get even better.

Did you know that the first astronauts to the moon were off course over 90% of the time? (It's true...) these guys are doing well... and getting better all the time. Let's support them.

Jerry [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Thomas
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thomas »

PVC -bones are much stronger than bones made of steel - and have way less weight. If they are stressed they yield a little but do not bent permanently. When the stress is gone the PVC just flips back into it's original shape. The only that affects PVC is heat - at a temperature of 70°C it becomes plastic. However, I haven't heard about any broken or deformed PVC-bones at any RealDoll so I can't see any need to switch to steel and bring up the weight and costs.

I've started designing a totally new type of joints for RealDoll. But the primary goal of my design was not a higher strength - they should be poseable and stay poseable over the time. When I started this it was for my own doll and so I made some compromises to the strength that were OK to me. Don't get me wrong, the joints will be strong if the doll is treated like Matt recommends it. The parts are laser cut and bent with a precision tool. However, like almost every high-tech stuff you can ruin them by violence and wrong treatment.
Btw., Matt's current joints might not be made of high precision parts but they are extremely durable and it is very unlikely they will break. The most joint problems at the older dolls where caused by nuts and bolts coming loose. But since the last two years this problem should be fixed.

About silicone: if Superbabe is made of silicone it finally will have the same skin problems like RealDoll. As much as I know Make is using a little firmer blend than Matt. Also the body design of Superbabe is more for an easy access for the cost. This takes stress from some of the endangered areas but for the price of the realistic look. But I personal would always decide for the realistic look of RealDoll.

Nada

Post by Nada »

... Hello Folks... I was thinking about the generalization of "Silicone is silicone"... (And except for Softener percentages, various manufacturer's quality controls and age or "Shelf Time",,, the above statement should hold it's own pretty well.)

... BUT after complete curing,,, has anyone Vulcanize-Harden a silicone doll from the inside, only??? (Leaving the outside as SOFT as possible.) This may not give the internal layer of silicone a ROCK HARD, Auto-tire like strength. (Silicone is still only silicone.) But this "VERY EARLY" internal Harding may help to prevent some compression problems and major rips within the much softer external silicone... (And then you could probably return to softer silicone mixtures, because of this tougher inner layer.) [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

A microwave-absorptive material, thinly, painted on the inside,,, might make this a possibility for a doll. And an industrial Canning Microwave would EASILY allow multiple dolls to be QUICKLY Flash Heated. (And this shouldn't disturb the metal structure or Doll's overall Softness, too much.) [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

... "Nosey" Nada from ... http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/lovedollcreations

INFORMATIONS