Starpery.com

3 Foot Cinderella doll Mod Plans and Review

Got an idea? Need an invention?
TakersRose

Re: 3 Foot Cinderella doll Mod Plans and Review

Post by TakersRose »

MannequinFan wrote:Acrylic paint works well on the plastic as long as you dull it some with a little sanding.
I believe the MSBs are made from ABS or some kind of polystyrene plastic. It seems to have similar qualities as my printer plastic which is ABS. I think it would be better to wait until you're done with the mods before doing any painting.

I've been using the Behr premium plus ultra paint you can get at Home Depot - it has the primer built in. You can get 8oz sample jars in any color, matte and satin finishes for about 3 or 4 bucks. They can also scan & match. All they need is a piece about the size of a quarter to scan.
Thank you for the suggestions. I figured it would be better to wait until after I'd finished with her before I did painting. There's a Home Depot not far from my house so that'll be easy to get the paint.

When you say scan and match, does that mean I could use a piece of excess plastic say cut from a foot during the feet mod for that purpose?
Official Doll Accessories Fund = 47.00

Leia Marie - Teddy Bade - Doll Companion
Dyanna Lioncourt - Tonner Carol Barrie Model ~ Alpha Doll
Sarina - Phicen ~Sarina Valentina Body w/Jakks Pacific Paradise Dolls Head~
Cinderella -38" My Size Disney Cinderella Doll "
Belle - 38" My Size Disney Belle Doll

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

TakersRose wrote:When you say scan and match, does that mean I could use a piece of excess plastic say cut from a foot during the feet mod for that purpose?
Yep. Try to get a piece that is as flat as possible.
I printed out a 1" square tile and they scanned it and matched my fleshtone printer plastic almost exactly.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

What's been happening with this doll project. Miss hearing any thing about it
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

I'm waiting on my money to come in on July 1st so that I can order the hemostats to remove Cinderella's remaining hair. I did however get some supplies for the repaint of her face and the painting of her nails.

1. The head magnifier apparatus is a God send. I've been playing with it. It even has a little light in it. When I get AAA battery (why can't things come with batteries? :evil: ) I'll be able to play with it some more.

2. The colored pencils are for a new technique I'm REALLY excited about trying out. Using the pencils instead of acrylic paints I'm hoping to get a more 'powdery' look for her eyeshadow and blush. Of course I plan on trying this out on a spare 1/6 Barbie head before I go in and do it on Cinderella.

3. Oil Pastels. These will be used to add some shadowing to her face. You can't have light without shadow. Hopefully this technique will create the subtlety that I never seem to be able to get when using paints.

4. Lastly, the can of sealant. This sealant is the cheapest brand out of those recommended. Unfortunately when I came upon the suggested techniques, I was already low on funds. But thankfully I found this small can on Amazon for 6 dollars and change. According to the instructions I found online, I'm supposed to spray three coats on the dolls bare face (after the factory makeup is removed) paint the doll's face like I want and spray again. Fingers crossed this will work.

Hopefully Friday, I can put in an order for the hemostats. Then comes the arduous journey in finding a wig that doesn't make her look like a debutaunt. My Cinderella is far from a goody goody. She has a Gothic soul just waiting to come bursting out. And so far an appropriate wig is hard to find. Which means....I gotta learn to make wigs.... 8O
Attachments
The supplies you see here, are a magnifier head apparatus, a set of 24 colored pencils, a set of 25 oil pastels and a can of spray sealant.
The supplies you see here, are a magnifier head apparatus, a set of 24 colored pencils, a set of 25 oil pastels and a can of spray sealant.
Repaint Supplies.png (622.67 KiB) Viewed 626 times

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I can probably help with that. If you have a beauty suppy near that makes the next part easy. Because she is plastic you can make the wig right on her head. The beauty supply sells black nylon stalkings to wear over the head before you put on a wig they are like 25 or 50 cents a piece. This would work out for you very well.
I get a pack of hair that does the whole job. Get a curved and needle and thread from the beauty supply as well. Look to spend a good 30 bucks in there a 25 dollar hair set of tracks isn't to expensive and makes nice wigs.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

samara78 wrote:I can probably help with that. If you have a beauty suppy near that makes the next part easy. Because she is plastic you can make the wig right on her head. The beauty supply sells black nylon stalkings to wear over the head before you put on a wig they are like 25 or 50 cents a piece. This would work out for you very well.
I get a pack of hair that does the whole job. Get a curved and needle and thread from the beauty supply as well. Look to spend a good 30 bucks in there a 25 dollar hair set of tracks isn't to expensive and makes nice wigs.
That sounds incredibly affordable. The wigs I've found online to fit my Cinderella are 20 to 25 dollars and they don't even remotely fit her personality. When you say make the wig on her head, is it going to be permanent or can I make her more than one? Because I have a feeling she's going to be like me and want more than one hairstyle.

INFORMATIONS