Starpery.com

Making a Tonner doll wig? Help?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
TakersRose

Making a Tonner doll wig? Help?

Post by TakersRose »

I've been looking around the internet for some Wigs for the My Size Cinderella that I'm modifying. However, if I find the right size they're not the right style or the color is not what I'm looking for etc. While I don't think it would be too hard to make a wig for a doll that size. I got to thinking about this 16 inch Tonner doll that I've recently bonded with. I know it seems odd for me to bond with such a small doll. But this little lady has become a VERY good friend. And the wig she currently wears is well....rough looking. Also, I want to give her the best wardrobe possible.

The first thing I'd like to know. Does anyone know of a method to make a wig for a 1/4 scale doll that is similar to the methods used for human beings. All I've found are tutorials for wig caps that use the 'glue' method in which a plastic baggie is put over the doll's head and then a piece of fabric followed by glue. Then the hair is glued onto the wig cap. That method doesn't suit my needs at all. So far I've found a few wigs for sale that I could make do with, but like most other things I'd rather make my own.

Any suggestions or links as to where to start looking or suggestions on method would be greatly appreciated. As always, thanks in advance.
Official Doll Accessories Fund = 47.00

Leia Marie - Teddy Bade - Doll Companion
Dyanna Lioncourt - Tonner Carol Barrie Model ~ Alpha Doll
Sarina - Phicen ~Sarina Valentina Body w/Jakks Pacific Paradise Dolls Head~
Cinderella -38" My Size Disney Cinderella Doll "
Belle - 38" My Size Disney Belle Doll

Mello_Pello
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Making a Tonner doll wig? Help?

Post by Mello_Pello »

Not much of a help concerning the wig. But if she is 1/4 scale...would not the 1/4 BJD wigs work?
I dont think there is anything wrong with bonding with a small Doll. I recently bought my first BJD...a 1/4 Iple Doll off ebay...just beautiful. I plan on bonding with Her in my own way as well. The bonding aspect..in whatever form it may be, is why I choose to collect Dolls...whether it be companionship aspects...or other personal needs I feel I can benefit from in my life. I just received her...so I am currently researching an outfit for her, some shoes, and a wig. She is just a little pretty lady in my mind, and I appreciate the feminine presence around...same as my 2 bigger Dolls. I want to get her a kimono..and have her hanging around my Japanese heirlooms in my house..will be awesome. Good luck in your search.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Hi there. You can cut and sew a piece of nylon to fit your dolls head and sew hair "tracks" into the nylon.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

Mello_Pello wrote:Not much of a help concerning the wig. But if she is 1/4 scale...would not the 1/4 BJD wigs work?
I dont think there is anything wrong with bonding with a small Doll. I recently bought my first BJD...a 1/4 Iple Doll off ebay...just beautiful. I plan on bonding with Her in my own way as well. The bonding aspect..in whatever form it may be, is why I choose to collect Dolls...whether it be companionship aspects...or other personal needs I feel I can benefit from in my life. I just received her...so I am currently researching an outfit for her, some shoes, and a wig. She is just a little pretty lady in my mind, and I appreciate the feminine presence around...same as my 2 bigger Dolls. I want to get her a kimono..and have her hanging around my Japanese heirlooms in my house..will be awesome. Good luck in your search.
Thank you for your kind words. Congratulations on your 1/4 lady. For some reason before I bonded with my own small doll, I had only thought of the smaller dolls as mere collector's pieces rather than friends. I've been pleasantly surprised in being proven wrong.

The 1/4 wigs would do alright. However, I have a specific vision in my head and I've not been able to find the style and color combination. It's an issue of finding the style or the color but never in the same wig.
samara78 wrote:Hi there. You can cut and sew a piece of nylon to fit your dolls head and sew hair "tracks" into the nylon.
When you say nylon, do you mean the sort of nylon used for stockings or another sort of fabric? Because if it's the nylon used for stockings I happen to have some of that on hand for practicing.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Yeah stalking nylon. You can leave it on her head and sew the hair over that.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

samara78 wrote:Yeah stalking nylon. You can leave it on her head and sew the hair over that.
That's awesome, because I've got some mismatched stockings that would probably be just fine for this purpose.

INFORMATIONS