"Throwing my hat in the...Doll Building...ring."

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Synobyte07
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

"Throwing my hat in the...Doll Building...ring."

Post by Synobyte07 »

Hi folks,

For awhile now, I have been hinting for the last three or four years that I was seriously wanting to get into the doll manufacturing business.

Well, I decided to take the first major step and that is to have the first body type created before the end of this year.

This url should lead you to the first set of pics and hopefully they will come out correctly. 8O

As you can see, this clay sculpture has been done by an extremely talented artist who has been in the fine art and special make-up fx field for over 15 years. As of right now, I'm not going to disclose his name for now, but in the future I'm sure it won't be a problem.

I definitely wanted to make sure I created a good first impression to jump start this venture. I think this body model that this artist has created for me will be more than sufficient to the eclectic tastes of the Doll Forum members ! :D

The model is about 95% done and before the molds are completed, I would like to get some feedback from you guys and gals.

As far as the blending of the Chavant hands and the WED clay body, that will still have to be done. Smoothing and texturing of the body will also have to be completed.

The heads that will go with the body will be done by me. There will be an asian,african american,hispanic and caucasian head done for this body type.

I doubt if there are going to be any major modifications done to this body as I was looking for the voluptuous type with some muscle tone as my first model. But if there are areas that you would like to see changed or modified, please let me know !

Thanks for viewing my little thread ! :lol:

larryb22
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by larryb22 »

Well, all I can say at this point is, I like what I see.
I will be interested in watching the progress of your project. Good luck.
Larry

Nonfactor
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Nonfactor »

In picture 14 the sides and back of the stomach (sorry, english names for anatomy isn't my forte) look a bit too sharp/bony, is that just the angle?

Personally I'd prefer the breasts a bit "shorter" (bottom and nipple moved closer to the base) but what you got there will probably work best for most people.

Will the faces use an open mouth like the RDs or will you go for a more closed or completely closed mouth? I don't like the expression that open mouth generates, looks like they're drugged up, something with a bit of emotion would work far better. I suppose you haven't found a way to make the face posable?

What price range and materials are you aiming for? The 5-7k range is pretty saturated, are you considering going for a lower price or offering multiple products of varying prices (with cost cutting measures on the cheaper ones, obviously) as Orient is doing?

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Synobite,

That looks like a great model.
Back looks nice, backbone and shoulder definition looks great.
Breasts are IMO bit on the big size but are nice for the breast lover and advantage of bigger breast is titty fuck possibility's... :lol:.
Hope you succeed in getting her into production!

Mytime & Helen
One dream, one mission...

Stef
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Stef »

Wow, really hot body 8O !
I think this would make a great African/Latina doll, reminds me of RD body 10 8)

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

nice looking doll

Post by timetraveler1 »

synobyte o7 that dolls definitions and all around realism are fantastic looking i wouldn't change a thing , nice breast size, and big nipples , large round butt . the only other obstical is durability is a main concern and of course price . any thoughts on these two things (which materials, etc. way you'll be going ?? ) and by the way i like the larger area's around the nipples of course everyone is different and this may be an area that can be customized to each customer . hope you can create a durable material keep the cost down and create a strong skeletal frame ( as you may have seen some have had backs break , etc. if your other abilities match this dolls look you'll definatly have a winner on your hands . best of luck to you . :D

Drummer
Former Member

Post by Drummer »

FANTASTIC! :D 8O :D

I think you have a real winner in that great form! I am ALL FOR the LARGER, (The better) breasts, and areola! I even like Perry’s color! Large & dark areola are a turn on!!

Your Size, shape, form, proportions are ALL great. Now the problem is how do you build it durrrrrable, & Light! (Weight is a BIG problem with the big voluptuous beauties!)

Always happy to hear of someone else getting into the doll building business. Competition seems to drive down prices, & create better products!

How soon until you build a proto type?

Hey, I Noticed "The creature from the black lagoon" in the background of one of your pictures. That was my FIRST childhood favorite horror flick! I even built a model of that creature! COOL! :wink:

Drummer

mrdudeguyman
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mrdudeguyman »

Wow! That body is incredible. The breasts, hips/thighs just look like so much fun :)

Yeah Synobyte07, I hope you can get this doll into production.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

This far exceeds anything I could ever hope to accomplish, so I have no criticism. However, since input was requested...
I would not worry about area around nipple being too dark. If your goal is a brown-skin woman (hispanic), then it's likely the area around the nipple would be darker than a blonde white Swiss woman.

IMO the overall size of the breasts are too big. The rest of the body is well-proportioned. I'd prefer a slightly smaller, rounder rear end. Many folks will like large breasts and buttocks. However, some recent dolls (not quite this one) are going for mere caricatures of a real woman.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

Raingirl
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Raingirl »

I'm glad you're doing this project synobyte! I will follow your project with interest....I think this model is gorgeous. I especially like her firm toned legs.
Looking forward to see her face :D

Rainy

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

Yes, that is a fantastic body. I prefer smaller breasts, but even so, she has a fine shape. Man, a doll like that would be very popular, I reckon.

I love the slight bulge below the belly button. Realdolls are too flat in that respect.

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Synobyte,

When seeing the images processed by Perry (replacing grey by skintone) the doll looks bit like its inspired on the resin kits developed by Azimuth design / Mike James http://jamesart.com/

Mytime & Helen
One dream, one mission...

Synobyte07
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synobyte07 »

What's goin' on folks,

I appreciate the responses that everyone has submitted. I take it that I'm going in the right direction with this project.
The one thing that is getting harder to do is trying to develope a unique look for these dolls. Matt has just about covered every body type that can be made and then there's Mechadoll,1st PC and so on n' so forth. I figured that between the reference materials and the written ideas that I submitted to this FX artist should really create it's own individual look. I didn't want a Paris Hilton look but more like what I see in Lowrider and King Magazine covers. :razz:

As far as durability is concerned, the skeleton has been top priority in the first two years since I looked into this type of venture. The limbs will be made of 7075-T651 aluminum including the spine and feet.The ball joints will be made of a combination of T316L stainless steel and 6AL/4v Grade 5 titanium including the skull. All nuts and bolts will be made out of titanium also. There is not going to be any plastics, fiberglass, pvc, or metal that will break, corrode or rust easily. There will be at least 18 degrees of freedom for articulating the legs, torso and arms. The hands will be posable with 14 d.o.f. each that will be included in the doll.

The skin or flesh material will not be silicone or a hot poly-melt. It is a polymer but cures at room temperature (RTV). This material first came out in 2001 and in Feb. of 2005 I had the chance to test this material from a distributor in Minnesota. All I can say is that this polymer is awesome! If you're worried about it being safe when coming into contact with skin...don't be. This gel was first used in the studies for cancer treatment. I don't think they are going to treat cancer with something that causes cancer or any other illness. Here's a quick link that gives a short story about it and its developers.

The shore hardness for this elastomer will range from "000" to "50" to simulate breasts, vagina, cartilage, ligaments and muscle tissue. The company also offers foams that will be used in larger areas such as the torso and lower body. To do a basic polymer body with the skeleton, the weight is about 65 lbs. When I do the actual casting of this body type with all the various degrees of hardnesses of the polymer and foam, I'll have a more accurate weight measurement.

The vagina will be removable as an insert and I may do the anus and mouth the same way. Being an owner of two real Realdolls, all I can say is that cleanup is a real drag. :roll:

One little advancement that will also be included in this doll is BODY HEAT ! The flexible heating element will be operated using batteries and will not have to be plugged into an electrical outlet. That cold clammy feeling is not a good thing and using electric blankets doesn't work for me because I'm impatient! :lol: Inside the back of the skull will unscrew and that is where you will turn the heating element on & off. As of right now, the element uses six (6) 12V batteries for power. And no... they're not car batteries :P , it's the batteries that you use for your remote control alarm on your car. :)

As far as price, sorry folks ... $4995.00, but I'm hoping that I will be able to bring quality, durability and convenience to a whole new level.

Nonfactor, the jaw will be closed. With an open mouth it does take away the mystique of the overall image of the doll. I'm still debating whether or not I want the hips adjusted or modified.

Perry, that's excellent work with the photoshop! I almost thought that they were real images of a model. :o

Mytime, you don't miss much dude. I only wish I had contact numbers for these girls in the photography section of Mike's website so I could start doing life casts of each of them immediately!

In any case;again, thanks folks for the feedback!

Seeker

Post by Seeker »

So far so good :D Can't wait to see more! What type of materials are you planning on using?

Britti_Lover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Britti_Lover »

8)
Sounds like what the market needs - a durable doll.

The price and weight are fair - $4995 and 65 lbs.

KUTD us constantly - we need more dolls like this one on the market.

8O

INFORMATIONS