Starpery.com

Dottie's Home-made Doll Stand. No Special Tools.

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Post by Incrediwagon »

For people that want a stand made, check the Doll Accessories forum. Also I can make just parts like the adjustable head, or backrest, if that's all they need or can't make.

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 43#p232443
Red Heads Rule!

Sandy_Nicole
Doll
Doll

OK you guys are gonna laugh but I wanted something feminine.

Post by Sandy_Nicole »

Thank-you Campdaan for providing this design. CJD made me a cool version of your stand. OK..you guys are gonna laugh, this is why CJD had me post this...lol. CJD says it looks like it came from Mattel. But I wanted something very feminine and thats what CJD made!! he changed it a bit from the original design. I needed it to accomodate my leg supports..so instead of the 45 degree angles on the front of the base, he used a tee and a unioin to attach the leg spport. Its surpisingly stable and It's also height adjustable. I'm modeling it in some sexy undies in the last 2 pics! Take a look! :D

" I love being spoiled  :) "

Campdaan
Ex-Member

Post by Campdaan »

I LOVE IT !

CJD
Ex-Member

Post by CJD »

:roll: I told Sandy it looks like it came from Mattel! Sigh.
" Look deep into my ey....er sexy boobies, and fall under their spell. "

manekineko
Server Admin Emeritus
Server Admin Emeritus

Post by manekineko »

That is really cool. Great work! And I love the candied look to it. Very appropriate for our girls.

I definitely would like to alter my stand to be more adjustable. I'm glad to see the innovations continuing. It lets me know how much more can be done with this.

Thank you very much for sharing.
Paige and Monica: Album and Blog

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Cool, I' d like to make one too! Is that metal pipe or PCV pipe?
Any tips on the contruction?

Mark and the Synthetiks
<em>I know the good artist</em>

Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Post by Incrediwagon »

Nice work CJ :D I was thinking of something similar, but haven't got around to working on it. I made three stands for sale, but ended up using them to store more dolls 8)
I like the idea of the T. I was trying to come up with away to make the leg spreader mount low profile and removable for picture taking.
I also like the work you did to the base. How is it for stability? measurements?
Red Heads Rule!

CJD
Ex-Member

Post by CJD »

thanks guys !!

Pygmalion2, the pipe used is standard steel pipe, 1 inch for the stem, and 3/4 inch for hte adjustable hook....to make it I just follwed everyone's tips here.

Incdred, I used a 2 foot by 2 foot plywood base and its surprisingly stable...in order for it to be as stable as possible, I made sure the petals reached the edges of the plywood.

Ive been trying several times to post more details to this post but somehow its not entering...I will try again another day. In the mean time I was able to edit Sandy's post and add a little more info.

HawgCallr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HawgCallr »

I have been re-reading all of the posts in this thread, and all I can say is that Camp should be given a big round of applause and a hearty "thank you" from everybody who has ever built a stand following his design. Coming up with a stand for your doll used to be an issue for a lot of new doll owners, but now it is so inexpensive and easy! The design is extremely flexible and downright ingenious! I built one for Rita (with wheels) and it is invaluable.

THANK YOU CAMPDAAN! :thumbs_up:

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Gee, must have been sleeping, I missed most of this thread. :roll:
Great work Campdaan!

Mark and the Synthetiks
<em>I know the good artist</em>

CJD
Ex-Member

Post by CJD »

Since I have a lot of carpeted floors...I'm thinking of getting a 1/8" sheet of teflon or polyethylene to put on the bottom of the stand...allowing me to carfully slide it around while Sandy is on it....It depends on how much that stuff costs.

slowburn

Post by slowburn »

These are fantastic designs! CJD, if you're still looking at sliding the stand across carpet, maybe consider those furniture sliders -- inexpensive and effective.

phantom_texan

Post by phantom_texan »

Just wanted to thank Campdaan as well as manekineko. Campdaan for the intitial design, manekineko for doing such a great job with the parts and descriptions. In a little over a year and a half, price to build is about $80 now. All parts purchased at Lowe's. Took about 2 hours to build.

Painted tan to match carpet and make it easier to photoshoppictures.

Added back/butt support after pictures, this may help some with posture.

Thanks guys!

PT

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi all,

The design of this easy to build stand is IMO great.

The gear to build it is bit harder to get here in the Netherlands and the threaded flanges are quite expensive, about 18 euro (29 US$!) cheapest each. I did not manage to find this flanges with thread inside so that the pipe can be screwed into it, for less.
Only available at stores that sell parts for central heating systems as far I found out.

I became more interested in this piping due to that its used so often by sculpters as frame. I've seen here photo's of Matt K's and other dollmakers prototypes resting on this gear, and also Heidi Maier uses this piping a lot to build quickly a frame for supporting a portrait sculpture.

The other pieces that are not flanges are cheaper.
For Dutch people, searching on "Malleable fittingen" will show up some company's that sell these central heating/water piping.

Mytime & Helen & Carmen
One dream, one mission...

Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Post by Incrediwagon »

The gear to build it is bit harder to get here in the Netherlands and the threaded flanges are quite expensive, about 18 euro (29 US$!) cheapest each. I did not manage to find this flanges with thread inside so that the pipe can be screwed into it, for less.
Only available at stores that sell parts for central heating systems as far I found out.
Yes Mytime. In the States it is called 'black pipe' or 'galvanized pipe'. Here you can find it at a hardware store in the plumbing section or at a plumbing supply store.
Red Heads Rule!

INFORMATIONS