Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Interactive head for a doll

Post by Xephyr »

DAT NECRO

pianokeyjoe2009

Post by pianokeyjoe2009 »

Amen! I will do that. I am still reading stuff from the site btw. I found out the industrial mp3 player I was searching for for so long and could not find cheap enough? It is on frightprops too! Go figure,a double whammy of goodness in one day!

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Cool item. Would probably be better for what you want than the more complex elvis head.

I would see if the seller would cut you a break on 2 skulls purchased later if you buy the 1st one for full price. The reason I suggest just buying one unit as it may not work out for you. My main concern would be how strong the jaw movement mechanism is. Sure, it can move the jaw just hanging in the breeze, but add a insert and external skin and it may all but lock up?

Hope it works out though!
RK
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

pianokeyjoe2009

What will I do without you? RK! I did think of that though lol! The elvis head already has the same silicone mask attached so I KNOW it is stronger build. It uses DC motors and worm gears which tend to handle a bigger load. But since I am stuck with the Elvis heads for now, I can deal with them. The skull is a great right out of the box solution but you are right.. One sample first,then go for the other 2 once I find out what is best.

RoadRoller

Post by RoadRoller »

Well, that animatronic skull seems way more modern and reasonable than the Elvis head, just look at how much free space it has inside! A lightweight structure is always important for an animatronic puppet (plus you get the space for adding every other "feature").
Regarding the reply you gave me in the previous page, I can fully understand what you are looking for! That's why I tought the Elvis head wasn't reasonable for a work like this, because it would have required way too much work even for small mods, and the price is quite high for what you get, speaking in terms of technology and usability. IMHO you should try to resell it (at an higher price of course! :P )... The skull looks far more simplier to modify, that's a better starting point indeed. As Rubherkitty suggested, I think you should get only one at the beginning, so you can see if it's adequate to your needs.

In my previous post I was suggesting you to go the DIY way because I have always been a guy who liked to make things from scratch, and this (at least personally speaking) always led to two great things: complete control over all the work process, and great satisfaction when the work is done. Plus you can stay lower on budget!
But I completely understand the reasons behind starting from something already made, who am I to keep you from doing that! :D

I wish you best of luck for the project! I can't wait to finally see some animatronic sex toy (well, it's also time some company start working on it seriously)!

Oh, about Arduino and Raspberry PI: you can code in C and C++ on the first, and Phyton on the latter.
- DollAutomation.com -
A NSFW collection of seemingly living dolls, figures, sexbots and things.

pianokeyjoe2009

Amen RoadRoller! I now know all this too late for now. The skull is better but I won the elvis for $195 total vs the skull at $350 plus shipping. It does have all the bits I needed to begin with and does have the audio to servo interface exactly like I needed for my MUSIC project too. But I will have to wait until more funds come my way and then I shall buy the skull. Eitherway,the Elvis may offer me some learning while I wait to sell it off or at least till I can raise the funds for the "correct" part. Yep the skull openings are superb and the price is still less than SKULLTRONIX which makes their skulls for $1599 base price! I found out Frightprops also has the industrial mp3 player with sd flash card slot I have been searching for for 2 years too! The DIY method you suggested has already been started btw. I bought the skull,dentures,silicone mask with facial details I like,and silicone type 1 clear glue. I still lack the servos,audio to servo and midi to servo controller boards and the correct silicone,pigments and wig,hair,etc to finish my DIY oral head.

At this point I may have bit more than I could chew with this project trying it the full DIY style so I am cutting corners and buying a ready made animatronic head solution to get to the end product faster..I still have not found the right woman for me and mom for my son so my needs are to be met,at least base needs,with this project. All new to me but I have the background in electronics,mechanics,music,and what I like in a woman's face,to go forward into this new adventure while I wait ;) . Once I get my Elvis head,I will be opening a new thread as suggested and posting my finds,wins,losses and what comes of that one.

In the end,when I do get the right SKULL animatronics part, it will be to gleen from that to make my own DIY the correct way,rather than guessing,trial and error and wasting money.

All things considered,programming anything will be far cheaper yes! I may try it on a intel platform though. I have a few of those mini Single board computers laying around.

pianokeyjoe2009

Well update on my interactive oral head project,on this thread since it relates. I just got my Elvis head today and I turned it on,and did my little tests as best as I could to determine what was what. Here is what I have so far:
The face is made of harder silicone than most love dolls or even TPR plastic rubber oral heads(pipe dream and Blowjob felicity)! It is Silicone because I smelled it and looked real close at it. It has little details that no other rubber can capture other than latex,like pores,wrinkles,temples,and other subtleties. But wow it is a firmer silicone so I would say it is NOT usable as is lol!

The animations are limited in scope. No way to move the jaw,neck,head, or any other part without some power to it or you will break it if you try. Has worm gears on DC motors so you cant move the jaw open by hand(DOH!!)

It is a full sized head with upper shoulder bust so it is most certainly life like and is super light weight. I often thought those animatronics in movies were HEAVY.

While the Elvis dose have a mic 1/4" jack input,you can only sing along(just run an external audio source through the cheap speakers inside). The electronics does NOT cause the elvis mouth to move to YOUR own audio input :( Epic fail there.

The youtube videos and the first link in this thread made this seem like an ideal starting point but as RollerCoaster pointed out,not so bubba joe!

So to reiterate what I said earlier.. I am stuck with this since I bid on EBAY for it and was bound by the bid when I won it. The Frightprops talking skull is EXACTLY what I need but the cost is a whopper $395 plus shipping of $25 plus if you want the same neck movement of Elvis,it is a whopping $595 plus $25 total with that upgrade!!!!!....and !

So I will wait and see on selling the Elvis and save the money towards the skull.
I will not buy more than one and I will not upgrade the neck movement!

The female oral head called Dalia that I have in my project thread also came today and her skin is very thin but very well reinforced as specified! SHE will fit the talking skull perfectly,will not bind or lock the jaw up and in fact looks in some ways very real in movements,folds,dimples,etc to real flesh!! That part blew me away!

In all,Given SEXBOT will NOT be at the reach of the average worker or poor class,this is the next best thing. I am working on it.. I am just broke now to get further lol!

BigBurrito

Post by BigBurrito »

I have a doll project in the works, made the head using a Styrofoam head i carved out, made the eye module using RC servos and 26mm eyes, the jaw is made of coat hanger rod with teeth made from a dental display. I'm thinking of using Raspberry Pi and addafruit servo shield w/ Ardrino, also looking into a VR shield for voice control. Want to program the doll to make sexy sounds and respond to touch, so placing analog pressure sensors in veryous locations and mapping in software for each one for the desired response. This is a long term project, i will post progress and open to ideas. Thanks for letting me in the forum

BigBurrito

Post by BigBurrito »

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks.
They offer some nice mask. Wish they were better priced.
I wonder about the size though seeing these are made to fit over a human head.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

BigBurrito

Post by BigBurrito »

Have been on hold on my project, but will be starting up here shortly, found why the Arduino didn't work, bad USB cable, now got a new one, and start learning, though the programming is alittle confusing to me, but will share what i think will be a benefit on this thread
Attachments
IMG_1277.JPG
IMG_1277.JPG (364.73 KiB) Viewed 954 times

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

i see this post is from 2016 , but i am posting anyway , i think if the animated skull was updated with better motors use a thin face mask female skin , whats good about the animated skull is that it is voice activated , i think after seeing realdolls animated face without the skin , this is what they did but used a custom reshaped skull underneath that creates a form underneath the face for shape .

companies would have been better to have used this approach as it can speak any language right out of production , by simply using a pc voice man or female , plus using a wireless speaker and laptop or desktop pc with a a.i. p.c. program and voice recognition the user can even talk to the doll and she answers him back . the skull animated version also blinked eyes and moved left to right , which was controllable for speed etc.

INFORMATIONS