Starpery.com

Storage and Concealing

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Vickylover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Vickylover »

Hi Unknown.

I like your idea of the speaker cabinet, but I don't know about fitting the practice amp you would have to be careful about the amp's heatsinks. You could end up damaging your doll and the amp :oops:

Don't think the accoustics would be very good either with a doll and all that clothes inside the cabinet.

Vicklover.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

What worries me is he his implication that he has to hide his dolls from his wife? 8O

I'm not going to ask, he doesn't have to say cause it's none of my business. It just concerns me. that's all.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Unknown138
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Unknown138 »

For what it is worth, my wife and I have not had sex in over a year. Not my fault. Things are not as they should be.

However, I will adress Vickilovers point. The practice amp can be placed in the cab between the dolls legs. At the back of the cab, with the right porting, the sound can be somewhat convincing to someone that doesnt really understand amps/cabs.

I don't feel that I have to answer for my doll fetish/addiction any more than anyone else does.

You f*ck plastic, I f*ck plastic...you have your reasons, I have mine.

dollluver73
Ex-Member

Post by dollluver73 »

Not everyone can be open about their dolls to their significant other. Me personaly, me and gf joke about having Shawna in the closet and bringing her out when gf is gone. I think she suspects I have her. It just depends on the person as to weather or not you open up to them about your doll.

Vickylover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Vickylover »

Hi everyone.

I have to say that my wife dosen't know about Vicky, I don't think she would understand or be able to accept Vicky. I don't know how she thinks I keep myself under control :?: Maybe she thinks I have become some sort of a monk :?:

Glad to hear you have the cooling problem sorted Unknown, I would hate to hear that you had blown your output transistors :(

Vickylover.

Unknown138
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Unknown138 »

I don't plan to actually put a practice amp in my fake cab, I am just saying it could be done in case someone needed proof that the item was what it appeared to be. You could get really creative with something like this, and make as convincing as possible...but it would come at the cost of space in the cabinet.

My wife is used to seeing me bring home various pieces of musical equipment. I fix amps and cabs for local musicians on the side, so I usually have 2-4 amps in the house at any given time.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

r4m wrote:I jacked up my bed, replaced the box springs with 1x4's, and built a trundle-bed type box to hold my silicone beauties. It doesn't really "hide" them, but unless someone goes into my room, pulls out the trundle, and removes the cover sheet they can't see them.
I find myself suddenly reminded from that scene fron The Fifth Element starring Bruce Willis... :lol:

(And I know thre is someone here with a doll named "Leeloo"...)
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

r4m
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by r4m »

I find myself suddenly reminded from that scene fron The Fifth Element starring Bruce Willis...
Nice! I may have to get an orange wig and "thermal straps" for my dolls.
My dolls can be seen here - http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11496

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

r4m wrote:
I find myself suddenly reminded from that scene fron The Fifth Element starring Bruce Willis...
Nice! I may have to get an orange wig and "thermal straps" for my dolls.
That wasn't exactly the scene I was referring to, but thanks for posting the pic, Milla Jojovich is so gottahavable in that film. To quote the "priest": "Perfect!" :mrgreen:
~ George Washington

wale
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by wale »

I have an idea, keep the doll in one tools cabinet. Make a false bottom in one drawer with liner. Then cover the top with greasy tools. Womans hate grease.

Tokyo572
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Tokyo572 »

If you have a torso or smaller doll you can generally find a storage case (not sure of the hideability though :?: ) just by using an internet search engine for locked storage case, wheeled lockable storage case or even luggage depending on the size you need. You can search by size-length x width x depth. There are some different choices out there but they can be expensive depending on what you get-also make sure to check the inside dimensions and the weight of the case. Hope this helps :D

Realrobotdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Storage and Concealing

Post by Realrobotdoll »

Hi it's better mesuring up before buying I put mine in a cubard under the stairs in a flight case with storage boxes hiding it and lock the door it's hard work trying to get the box out as it's only a small space I put castors on just wheels in also got a bracket to fix to wall for posing the doll i was lucky it fitted in the the cubord as it to heavy to move anywere

MANABU
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by MANABU »

coffee
Former Member

Post by coffee »

I don't own a doll YET. Suggestions of hiding it in a bed made me think of this storage bed:
http://www.muji.us/store/oak-storage-bed-single.html

This topic is kinda interesting. I had always assumed owners just hang them in a closet with optional kits sold by doll vendors, and just lock up the closet. I'd rather pose mine on display at my place and deny visitors. I can meet my friends at cafes and for dinners out.

Sinead
Doll
Doll

Post by Sinead »

Ikea storage bed Malm
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00249883/

Or a wardrobe for hangable dolls or fabric dolls

INFORMATIONS