Starpery.com

How to make cyberskin?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
rubb3rl0v3r

Re: How to make cyberskin?

Post by rubb3rl0v3r »

Holy shit, that Platsil 10 is nearly $1000 for 80lbs. Why can i not buy it in smaller quantities?

How many dolls would 80lbs create anyway?

Obin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Obin »

rubb3rl0v3r wrote:
Holy shit, that Platsil 10 is nearly $1000 for 80lbs. Why can i not buy it in smaller quantities?

I thought you were looking for TPE.

Platinum silicone is expensive. If you want silicone, you can try smoothon. I think they offer various amounts.

rubb3rl0v3r

Post by rubb3rl0v3r »

Obin wrote:
rubb3rl0v3r wrote:

I thought you were looking for TPE.

Platinum silicone is expensive. If you want silicone, you can try smoothon. I think they offer various amounts.
Frankly either will do, but being a novice when it comes to all things silicone i want to get the best value for money because i dont want to invest hours of work on a doll that will fall to pieces within minutes of becoming intimate with it. I need to experiment to find out if the elastomer oil gel is soluble with silicone. If so, i intend to create a EOG/silicone solution to use as the material for the sleeve and use pure silicone with VM&P Naptha thinner for the outer skin. I am hoping that mixing the elastomer oil gel with silicone will enable it to cure hard with the silicone skin.

I also have more bad news, i have attempted to phone around all local stockists of silicone substance and none will sell in larger quantities than the smaller tubes you get for silicone gun reloads...not nearly enough to make one doll and priced at £6 (US $12) each this is not a viable option. One shopowner told me he recieves his silicone from Poland but is unwilling to disclose any contact details from said supplier. This is a shame because i would have liked to have purchased the elements of this project at my own convienience without arousing the intrigue of my wife. Thats why i dislike recieving parcels. Looks like i will need an offshore supplier willing to ship here after all...

deusbot
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by deusbot »

PlatSil Gel 10 2lbs. = $44.00 @ http://www.polytek.com/cart/index.php?t ... t_id=29872
PlatSil Gel 10 16lbs. = $258.00 @ http://www.polytek.com/cart/index.php?t ... t_id=29873
So you can get smaller batches for experimentation ... But of course bulker is cheaper by the ounce/gram.
Artificial Intelligence is the study of how to make real computers act like the ones in the movies -Anon

The questions you ask determine the discoveries you will make - db

INFORMATIONS