Starpery.com

Silicone TPE/R Making retractable foreskin flaccid/erect

Got an idea? Need an invention?
pillowperson21

Re: Silicone TPE/R Making retractable foreskin flaccid/erect

Post by pillowperson21 »

Thank you very much. This has become more of a mission for me than for sexual fun. Aside from the flaccid dildo that "John" has other toys stay in boxes and don't see much sunlight. Penetration still isn't quite my cup of tea (not trying to be too graphic or anything). Plastic molds sound good. I know all too well about failed castings. My first three lifecast hands didn't turn out very well, that right there was over $60 "wasted". I'm always the one to dive in headfirst expecting perfection from the jump. LOL. Right now, this is for the sake of accomplishing, and also utilizing what left over products I already have. I've never worked with plastic before, so that will also be new.

Currently I plan to use alginate to make a replica of the TPR or PVC (can't remember what the dildo I just bought is made of) in silicone. That way I have a permanent cast. The skin and core will likely be cast into alginate the first time around (for the sake of expense) and then silicone on silicone with a release (like when I made John's face). I think the biggest issue is going to be the alginate not shrinking, or the silicone not curing because I used too much release. But hey, I'm new to this lifecasting game, so I expect trial and error but will keep wishing for perfection. Who knows, it would be nice to offer a custom made truely realistic dildo to a friend. LOL. They'll be like 'Really, this is what you do in your spare time? Seriously?' Hehehe. What can I say? I touched one for the first time and now I can't forget it, it's fascinating.
Nothing to see here folks.

pillowperson21

Post by pillowperson21 »

Or were you suggesting makeing a solid plastic cast of the toy and using that as the prop for further mold making? That wouldn't do well for a silicone skin though would it? It's not very flexible, is it?? IDK, never worked with plastics. Were you suggesting sprinkling powder into the mold and then casting the silicone so it comes out with a light powdery finish or just dusting the finished silicone cast with powder? I've only used one other silicone (not Dragon Skin and not offered by Smooth On or BITY) that came out matte. That's what I used to make John's head and hands, but I'm almost out of it. Figured I'd make the skin with it. It's Shore 6A and I thought I'd add Slacker to it to make it even softer and thinner. Bad news is I can't order more of it. The seller gave me a really really hard time, wouldn't send the product. I wouldn't do business with them again. I'm going to have to re-read all of this on my next day off. My brain has kind of become a scrambled egg, having a bit of a hard time absorbing the information. I'm sorry.

pillowperson21

Post by pillowperson21 »

I just had another thought. Because the skin and the core will both be silicone the bottom end (towards the testes) really isn't going to be moving much as the skin doesn't slide all the way down like that. So what about below very it retracts injecting a thin layer of gel between the skin and the core? That way there's a measure of softness and movability like actual skin but not a sliding movement. The head would still need a good lube for the skin to move freely which is fine. What do you think?

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

One nice thing about making a solid plastic cast of the whole toy is that it would be much easier to make a mold from it with it being solid.
You would be able to hot glue it to a base like they did in the block mold video and it would not move around when you work with it.
Another nice thing is that would enable you to paint it with a matte or textured finish so the silicone molds would pick up that matte finish.
I think the plastic would be a great idea if you knew which plastic product to use. You may want to ask someone at Smooth-On which product would work the best with platinum silicone.

Just curious, I never thought to ask, is that "John" in your avatar pic?

pillowperson21

Post by pillowperson21 »

How will the silicone pick up the finish? That's puzzling to me, wouldn't the "inside" pick up the finish and not the outside (the skin, outer layer)? I'm confused. Yes, that's John. Far from perfect but my first time casting a face and painting with silicone. They never return my emails. =(

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

pillowperson21 wrote:How will the silicone pick up the finish? That's puzzling to me, wouldn't the "inside" pick up the finish and not the outside (the skin, outer layer)? I'm confused. Yes, that's John. Far from perfect but my first time casting a face and painting with silicone. They never return my emails. =(
That face is outstanding, you should post more pics of him. I thought it was a real person!

What I'm talking about is making the first cast from the alginate mold with the plastic or resin instead of using silicone.
That way you can paint the plastic prop with a matte finish. When you make the silicone mold (skin mold) from this plastic prop the molds will have the same textured finish.

pillowperson21

Post by pillowperson21 »

Thank you! So then I would turn the "painted" silicone layer inside out? Otherwise the surface would still just be regular silicone right? Where would I post pics? I actually used the head prop from BITY so it really was a "real" face. I didn't sculpt it, now THAT would be awesome if I had those kind of skills. Apparently my dad came over one day while I was at work to see the guinea pig in my room and according to my sister he saw John "sleeping" in the bed and backed out the room and whispered 'who is that man'? LOL. My mom hates it; it's a good thing she doesn't live with me.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

pillowperson21 wrote:So then I would turn the "painted" silicone layer inside out?
Ummm, no. I think you are confusing this with the plastic core thing we were talking about earlier.
If you make a plastic copy of the dildo before you do anything else, you can then paint it and give it a realistic skin texture before you make any molds.
You could even do a little re-sculpting on the plastic copy if you wanted, like adding veins, ridges or whatnot.
That way any mold you make from the plastic copy will have the realistic skin texture, and so will the finished silicone skin casting you make from the mold.
Using flat acrylic paint with a dabbing sponge application is s good way to get a slightly pebbled skin like finish (not big herpes bumps, lol).
Those little trim roller sponges or sponge paint brushes they have at the hardware store work well.

Go ahead and post pics of John right here in this thread if you want. I'd like to see what you have made.

:)

pillowperson21

Post by pillowperson21 »

Awww, ok, yes, that makes sense. LOL. Wow, I'm dense. I thought we were talking about giving the silicone a "matte" finish. Yeah, I was wondering about texture. The second dildo I just bought was the most realistic looking I could find that wasn't super big and didn't already have the look of wrinkled skin. So the shaft and frenulum look nice but the testes are way way too smooth, unlike real skin at all, so perhaps I could do some fixing up of that, IDK, I've never been that good at sculpting. I'll see if I can get Smooth On to tell me which urethane is silicone friendly, I did see they have a vid of it with their Oomoo (however you spell it) but I believe that's a tin cure silicone and I don't want to use tin cure.

pillowperson21

Post by pillowperson21 »

Oh, and where do I post pics? Here?

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Sure, why not.
That way everyone will know who the proud recipient of the new penis will be!

pillowperson21

Post by pillowperson21 »

LOL. Okay. Really I'd like to find a way to make him "skin" without trying to cast an entire body. Don't have the room, money, or human to volunteer for that, and it'd probably be too heavy to move. As it is he always wears pajamas. I'm actually a little embarrassed to post pics of him. I'm happy enough with him but I know how much work he really needs. :cry: But, well here goes.

pillowperson21

Post by pillowperson21 »

Well here are a few pictures of John when I made him and where he currently is today. In the future I plan to redo his entire head in foam with a silicone skin and gel filled lips if possible. I also want to redo his hands and find a better way to attach them to his wrists, at it is, I lose his hands rather frequently. LOL. As you can see he isn't perfect, and is made of PVC, batting, bedding, and silicone. He is technically my fourth attempt at a doll, the most costly and the most realistic. The others before him were purely stuffing inside of clothing, easy to hide away if needed. He sleeps all day long and needs to get a job so I can make him better, faster.
Attachments
And this is me. =)
And this is me. =)
me.jpg (595.91 KiB) Viewed 2063 times
avatar2.jpg (308.81 KiB) Viewed 2063 times
Most current, hand punched eyebrows, lashes, nose hair, beard, open mouth.
Most current, hand punched eyebrows, lashes, nose hair, beard, open mouth.
avatar.jpg (333.65 KiB) Viewed 2063 times
Hiding from cam, after painting, initial hair. Decided to leave him bald.
Hiding from cam, after painting, initial hair. Decided to leave him bald.
john2.jpg (220.84 KiB) Viewed 2063 times
First paint and hair.
First paint and hair.
face1.jpg (226.79 KiB) Viewed 2063 times
Prior to facial correction, painting, hair punching.
Prior to facial correction, painting, hair punching.
john1.jpg (259.71 KiB) Viewed 2063 times
Another picture. I didn't take pictures of when I narrowed him hips and filled out him thighs.
Another picture. I didn't take pictures of when I narrowed him hips and filled out him thighs.
body 2.jpg (262 KiB) Viewed 2063 times
John's skeleton and flesh if you will.
John's skeleton and flesh if you will.
body.jpg (251.13 KiB) Viewed 2063 times

Nyarlat
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nyarlat »

Pillowperson, fantastic work!

Been following this thread, but mostly just to "listen" to all of you bounce ideas off of each other as I can contribute nothing to help, but have to say that John looks great. :thumbs_up:

Just like MannequinFan, I had to double take at your avatar at first to notice that it was a picture of a sleeping doll and not a sleeping "organic" :razz:

Once again, great work. :thumbs_up:

pillowperson21

Post by pillowperson21 »

Thank you very much! That really makes me feel special. Even though I'm a perfectionist, I'm underconfident (but I guess that's to be expected, as almost nothing is perfect) in what I can do and think I can do. But I do agree that for a first time for lifecasting, he turned out well.

INFORMATIONS