Starpery.com

Silicone TPE/R Making retractable foreskin flaccid/erect

Got an idea? Need an invention?
bjdlover
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Silicone TPE/R Making retractable foreskin flaccid/erect

Post by bjdlover »

Damn girl---for someone who is fairly new to the silicone game your work is outstanding! Seriously, you're doing great and have some awesome results to be proud of! Hell, in a year or so we'll probably be cheering the results of your first lifesize adult cast doll. If you ever get stuck on casting something really difficult in either plastic or silicone please feel free to PM me. I've got about 12 years experience and I went through all the trouble of making every single mistake imaginable so others don't have to. Again, great work!

pillowperson21

Post by pillowperson21 »

Thank you very much! I'll be sure to do that. Yes wouldn't that be something, me making a hundred pound doll that I can't move. LOL. Wow it'd be so nice to lay that on my back and go to sleep. Mmm, like a human blanket. Awe now I wish John weighed more than 30 pounds. It'd be awesome if I could make him like a giant ball joint doll with silicone skin. Can't even begin to think about that kind of process. Brain hurts thinking about it. LOL.
Nothing to see here folks.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Hello pillowperson

I'm a fellow home doll builder (different format than silicone) and just wanted to say I am impressed by your work. There have been many doll building attempts on this forum that never came to fruition or the people just disappeared. Glad your staying with it to follow your dream.

Regards
RK
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Holy crap, i can see why your dad backed out of the room, lol!

That looks like a real person just waking up!
Very nice job on the face and hands especially.
You've got talent, keep up the good work!

MF
:D

pillowperson21

Post by pillowperson21 »

Thanks you two! :) I do believe I've got my second wind. It'll be a gradual process like it has been but that's cool.

pillowperson21

Post by pillowperson21 »

I wish Friday was here already so I could go out onto my front porch and see my Smooth-On products waiting for me. LOL. What I really wish for is a bigger work space. Wouldn't it be awesome if I had a room devoted to crafts? Ahh, maybe when the other room mate moves out. *dreamy smile*

So then, in the meantime I can think about when I redo John's head with skinned flexible foam. Have you worked with Slacker before? I read this little chart that said adding one part Slacker to one part Dragon Skin 10 will make it feel like 00-30. If I skinned John's lips with a thin layer of 10A and then filled them in with 1Slacker:1Dragon Skin would I be able to cut his lips separate so his mouth can open without having to worry about the softer silicone oozing out?? Seems so, but honestly I'm really puzzled. What's a good way to make it so his mouth can open but his lips be soft without his whole face being soft and with his head filled with urethane foam?? Would it be easier for me to just go find a real man to keep prisoner? LOL.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

pillowperson21 wrote:Would it be easier for me to just go find a real man to keep prisoner? LOL.
LOL, I'm sure that there would be plenty of men out there that would be willing to be your prisoner, at least for a little while anyway.
Just as long as it doesn't go like this...

[youtube]ptpaEntid74&NR=1[/youtube]

8O :lol:

EroSennin23
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by EroSennin23 »

I am really enjoying this thread.
Craftsmanship on a really high level :thumbs_up:
I wish i could contribute, but I can't :P
Out of my ball-park.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Yeah, I don't know why a Doll Forum Dating section has not already been set up on here! LOL
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

pillowperson21

Post by pillowperson21 »

:haha4: OMG! LOL. That was actually a good movie, good book. Oh, no, no, I wouldn't do somthing like that. Alright so I might double deadbolt all the doors and not give him a key but I wouldn't break his legs, then he couldn't, well...walk. :whistle: Hehehe.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

pillowperson21 wrote:So then, in the meantime I can think about when I redo John's head with skinned flexible foam. Have you worked with Slacker before? I read this little chart that said adding one part Slacker to one part Dragon Skin 10 will make it feel like 00-30. If I skinned John's lips with a thin layer of 10A and then filled them in with 1Slacker:1Dragon Skin would I be able to cut his lips separate so his mouth can open without having to worry about the softer silicone oozing out?? Seems so, but honestly I'm really puzzled. What's a good way to make it so his mouth can open but his lips be soft without his whole face being soft and with his head filled with urethane foam??
Maybe Bjdlover will chime in on this one, but from what I've heard from others on the forum, the 00-30 ecoflex is really not that soft. I think the 00-20 or 00-10 would probably feel more like soft skin.
Are you thinking of using hard or soft urethane foam for the head infill?
Are you planning on using the same original model/mold for the new head or creating a new one?

Looking at John's penis again, (wow, that came out sounding weird :? ) you could also make a plaster cast instead of using the urethane plastic.
May be a bit cheaper (and less toxic) than the plastic.

MF
8)
:)

pillowperson21

Post by pillowperson21 »

Oh ok, well I could just add more Slacker than right? It said one part Slacker to one part Dragon 10A would make the 10A 00-30, I was planning on putting the Slacker in my 6A, so that'll be like 00-13 or something, right?? Well, I'm thinking of using the same mold as the first, but I'll have to make the back because I only did the front of the head. I'm thinking of putting the mold back onto the rigid foam cast and making the back so that they are one piece with a cut seam up the back. I want to use Flexible Foam, and of course I don't know which one is best. I was thinking of Smooth On FlexFoam It V since it doesn't expand that much and has a one to one ratio and doesn't require a scale. I have the front silicone mold and plaster cast (thick plaster cast) and would need to make the back mold and back plaster cast. I think they recommend something like urethane resin (?) when casting with foam but I was hoping I could let it rise freely and just jab it when it gets to the top so it doesn't keep on expanding. I guess the hard part is going to be knowing how much to use to fill the head.

Hey, I've got a question that I just can't seem to grasp. How is it that foam weighs as much as it does when it expands but not inside of the bottle as a liquid?? I mean, if you have a pint kit of foam that weighs two pounds, how can you use like one cup of it and the expanded foam weighs seven pounds or something? How does it gain that weight when the liquid isn't that heavy. This is probably a chemistry question or something right? I was never good at chemistry, I suck at algebra. I was just wondering.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

pillowperson21 wrote:Hey, I've got a question that I just can't seem to grasp. How is it that foam weighs as much as it does when it expands but not inside of the bottle as a liquid?? I mean, if you have a pint kit of foam that weighs two pounds, how can you use like one cup of it and the expanded foam weighs seven pounds or something? How does it gain that weight when the liquid isn't that heavy. This is probably a chemistry question or something right? I was never good at chemistry, I suck at algebra. I was just wondering.
*raises hand jumping up and down
Hey I know the answer to that question!
The weight that they give (i.e. 5lbs, 3lbs, etc.) is the weight per cubic foot of the cured foam. So for instance, one cubic foot of the Flex Foam-it V foam will weigh about 5 lbs when it's done foaming.
So it's not gaining weight, it's gaining volume.

If you look at the last column in the chart that Smooth-On has, it lists the number of cubic inches (volume) that you will get out of one pound of liquid foam.
So for Flex Foam-it V, you should get 275 to 300 cubic inches of foam out of every pound of product. So a 2 lb trial should give you 550 -600 cubic inches of foam.
I've used the Flex Foam-IT V and it's pretty firm stuff, especially if it gets "packed" in tight spaces where it can't freely expand. So in reality, you will probably get less volume than what they say - it's just a rough estimate.

So long story short, if you know how many cubic inches you need to fill you can just divide that number by 275 and get how many pounds of the product you need to buy.

pillowperson21

Post by pillowperson21 »

Uhhh, I totally understood that. LOL. Um, alright. I meant, like, (well it would help if I knew if what I'm about to say is accurate or not but) if you use one cup of foam and it expands to ten cups, it now weighs ten cups right? But one cup only weighed 8 oz. Or is it the same amount of weight and just taking up more space? If that's the case then that stuff is pretty heavy or you need a whole lot of it right?? Well, I don't want the head to weigh more than five pounds even though the human head weighs like ten pounds, because well, his frame is light weight. A human head is less than one cubic foot, so I shouldn't need more than a trial kit, right? The Flex Foam 5 will expand ten times it's original volume, so I would only need a little bit right? Like one cup? :cry: This is confusing. :( Maybe I'm in over my head.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

pillowperson21 wrote:if you use one cup of foam and it expands to ten cups, it now weighs ten cups right?
Nope. You are confusing weight with volume. Cups is a volume measurement.
pillowperson21 wrote:Or is it the same amount of weight and just taking up more space?
Yes! The foam is just puffing up with millions of air bubbles.

Here is my mannequin Sammie's head that I scanned with the Kinect.
Sammie-headvolume.JPG
Sammie-headvolume.JPG (907.55 KiB) Viewed 1576 times
Rhino tells me the volume is about 172 cu inches.
Sammie has a rather small head so John's head is probably somewhat bigger maybe around 200 or so cu inches.
So you will probably only need about half of the trial kit to fill the head (the trial kit will give you around 550-600 cubic inches).
Using cups, Sammie's head would take exactly 1.2 cups of liquid product.

:)

INFORMATIONS