Starpery.com

Building a doll on top of a plastic skeleton.

Got an idea? Need an invention?
lenglel

Building a doll on top of a plastic skeleton.

Post by lenglel »

The plan:
Build my own doll using this skeleton. I'll be adding to this thread as I go along, asking questions and posting results.
Attachments
The skeleton
The skeleton
Shelly the skely.jpg (38.36 KiB) Viewed 11792 times
A typical pose
A typical pose
Shelly the skely tries to crawl away.jpg (31.83 KiB) Viewed 11792 times

Wim
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Building a doll on top of a plastic skeleton.

Post by Wim »

It's a good start and definitely something nice to dream about :)

lenglel

Post by lenglel »

As a first step, I've reinforced the ribs and spine using GE Silicone I tub and tile caulk. This will make it more durable, and the muscles will stick to this better than the bare plastic. I think. I hope.
Attachments
Ribs reinforced w/ GE silicone I
Ribs reinforced w/ GE silicone I
DSCN0142.jpg (160.87 KiB) Viewed 11790 times

Wim
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Wim »

It's like bringing something back to life :)

lenglel

Post by lenglel »

A couple of experiments I've tried: Coating a balloon with Ge silicone II (tinted with acrylic paint) and inflating it. The silicone bonded very well with the balloon. To coat the balloon, I spread the thinned and tinted silicone II on a sheet of plastic wrap, then folded it over the balloon. As a proof of concept, I then tied a couple of inserts into the pelvis using long, thin balloons, and took it for a 'test drive'. It held up fairly well, but one of the inserts developed a tear where it was chaffing against the tailbone. The one that got the tear was tpe, and didn't have a lot of room because of the size of the UR3 vagina I was using. So, I'm thinking of coating the tailbone with more of the white stuff, and molding the internal organs as a single piece. I'll want to be able to remove the insert, but rather than pull it out through the crotch, I might leave a slit in the abdomen held together with velcro.

lenglel

Which slacker?

Post by lenglel »

This looks like the right stuff, but costs $105 per gallon:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-Thinni ... 2a2fa09a11

This is less than half the price of the above, but I suspect it is 350 cst, as opposed to the 50 cst above.
But, it might do the job.
http://www.zorotools.com/g/00018782/k-G ... 4AodvQ4AiA

I think this is the same as the first link, but is only $85/gallon.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Haynes-Silicone ... 0456349422

Wim
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Wim »

The insert should go under the pelvis bone over the tail bone. Normaly muscles would protect the vagina from tearing.

When building this size definitely matters. Any big endowed man could surely hut himself on the skeleton.

lenglel

Post by lenglel »

This is a picture of the mock-up I referred to earlier. As you can see, the vagina insert pushes the anus insert against the tail bone. That's why I've come to the conclusion that I need a one-piece insert with both holes. The pink sleeve around the anus insert came from a two-hole toy. It was attached (barely) to an inch-thick rectangle of silicone (UR3) with a vagina and anus molded into it. I may try carving that up and using it as a face-plate over a custom molded insert made of slacked silicon. I'm just trying to figure out what to use for the slacker. (see earlier post)
Attachments
The mock-up referred to earlier
The mock-up referred to earlier
DSCN0160.jpg (126.17 KiB) Viewed 11767 times

Bilbo Baggens
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bilbo Baggens »

what kind of molds are you planning to use, and what brand of head were you thinking about? :)
Look to this day, For it is life, The very life of life. Look well, therefore, to this day.

ChikkinNoodul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ChikkinNoodul »

I'm not sure whether that's a male or a female skeleton, it's hard to tell from those photos.
If it is a male skeleton, you might have to modify the pelvis and skull.
Acomocliticism - interesting word indeed.
http://acomoclitic.blogspot.com/

My Album:
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10384

FlashGordoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: On planet Mongo, being molested by Izzy, Yuuko & Aimi and Natasha, Zina & Julia .-)

Post by FlashGordoll »

Hi lenglel, have you ever seen this website?? http://www.makerealsextoys.com/ If you haven't your in for a real treat! Lots of really great info on there that I think will give you plenty of great ideas on how to go about building a doll.

'homemadesexdolls' is a member here at TDF and I think its his website, :idea: maybe he can chip in to help you out.

On the plus side at least you already have a viable skeleton. :thumbs_up: But you may find the pelvis needs modifying?

Flash.

Oh! Here's an example of one of his builds:

And here is his gallery on TDF if your interested: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10566
She aint heavy, she's just rubber

Click the relevant thumbnail photos below to view the separate galleries for:
Mechadoll = Izzy/Silicone-Art = Yuuko & Aimi/ Anatomical doll B4 = Natasha, Zina & Julia

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

I would use foam inside the chest cavity and anywhere else I could glue it on. A full silicone woman over the bones will be very heavy.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

Mistress wrote:It's like bringing something back to life :)
And, upon completion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSCBvu_kijo :D
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

Koen
Doll Artist
Doll Artist

Post by Koen »

Hi Lenglel,

I have some thoughts that might be interesting for you.

Other than the usual skeletons for silicon dolls this skeleton will be really close under the skin on several spots. It also is not a stiff constuction skeleton, which means that it will be a hell of a job to get this skeleton posed into your mould without having the skeleton poking through the skin. On top of that you need to be aware that the skin of us humans is really a lot stronger than silicon, which means that the risk of tearforming (near the areas where the bones are close directly under the surface) is really something to take into account. Because when you pose the doll the stretching cumulates in the areas where the silicon is thinnest.

I recommend that you first make a prototype of just an arm (hand included) and study the result. It is very likely that the things you will learn from this will increase the chance of success for your doll making project considerably.

Koen

ivanova

Post by ivanova »

ChikkinNoodul wrote:I'm not sure whether that's a male or a female skeleton, it's hard to tell from those photos.
If it is a male skeleton, you might have to modify the pelvis and skull.
Easiest way to check is where the pubic arch in front. Make an inverse V with your thumb and index finger. If it matches, then the pelvis is female. If it's narrow and matches the V you get between middle and ring fingers (like a Vulcan greeting), it's male.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_pelvis

INFORMATIONS