Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: 3d printed eyes with quick change lenses

Post by MannequinFan »

stacy718 wrote:The eyelids

The pics

FANTASTIC !!!

-S
Hey Stacy thanks so much for the kind words!
As Adventurer just said, that means a lot coming from you!

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

Very nice work sir, we had discussed making another order a while back, and I think im ready to proceed with that.
"no matter how good looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit"

"f#ck the G-ride, I want the machines that are making em."

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

abracadabra wrote:Very nice work sir, we had discussed making another order a while back, and I think im ready to proceed with that.
Thanks Abra! :)
Just shoot me a PM when you are ready.

Mortarion
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mortarion »

Bravo MF, those are absolutely wonderful !
Can you send me a pm please ? :)

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

You're very welcome!!!!

Are you able to make just regular (non lens) eyes for TPE dolls? Ones that have more realism than the terrible eyes that come with TPE dolls. They ones sent by the factories in China, look like they have cataracts!

I hate the eyes that come with TPE dolls they SUCK!

I'd love to by your eyes and lids, as they add so much to TPE dolls, but I need them to look seamless on close ups too.

xo
S

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

stacy718 wrote:You're very welcome!!!!

Are you able to make just regular (non lens) eyes for TPE dolls? Ones that have more realism than the terrible eyes that look like they have cataracts?

I hate the eyes that come with TPE dolls they SUCK!

I'd love to by your eyes and lids, as they add so much to TPE dolls, but I need them to look seamless on close ups too.

xo
S
Hi Stacy,

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to do that as it would require a completely different way of making them. Probably something similar to how the factory eyes are made.
You would also lose most of the convenient advantages the product offers by having a fixed lens.

I've been toying with the idea of setting the lens in a clear epoxy and smoothing around the edge, but it would still be using the glass lens. The glass lens is what gives the iris such a realistic depth.

Mainly what you see in closeup photos is a little glint or reflection off the edge of the lens recess.
This is fairly easy to fix with a little touchup in photoshop. I'm not sure what your feeling is towards that, but you just have to weigh the advantages and disadvantages.

Below is from Adventurer's photo with original on top and with a little touchup below. The glint is barely visible in the original photo...
iris clolseup.jpg
iris clolseup.jpg (3.78 MiB) Viewed 2829 times

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

OHMYGOSH!!!

I meant the eyes that come with the TPE dolls look like they have cataracts, not yours!!

Yours are fantastic

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Tsall »

Can the gap between the iris and the eyeball be filled with a few drops of water? If the gap is small enough, the surface tension of water may be enough to hide the edge of the iris.

By the way, Beautiful eyes. Maybe I will order a pair for my DreamDoll on a later time.
Mara (Dreamdoll Tania) - holiday trip (outdoor photos) and introduction
Lucia (Passiondolls 160cm Muscle Doll) - introduction and photos
Keira (Phicen Arhian Pirate) - outdoor adventures

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Tsall wrote:Can the gap between the iris and the eyeball be filled with a few drops of water? If the gap is small enough, the surface tension of water may be enough to hide the edge of the iris.
Hi Tsall,

That's the one thing you WOULD NOT want to do!!
The printed iris is not waterproof so you need to avoid liquids getting into the eyes and soaking the back of the lens.

BTW, what size eyes does the dream doll take?

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

stacy718 wrote:OHMYGOSH!!!

I meant the eyes that come with the TPE dolls look like they have cataracts, not yours!!

Yours are fantastic
LOL Stacy, no problem - I knew what you meant!
And thanks for the compliments!

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Tsall »

"... not waterproof .."
Ups :whistle:

eyeball diameter: 28mm
Mara (Dreamdoll Tania) - holiday trip (outdoor photos) and introduction
Lucia (Passiondolls 160cm Muscle Doll) - introduction and photos
Keira (Phicen Arhian Pirate) - outdoor adventures

HappyWabbit
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HappyWabbit »

Do you make these for the Boy Toys BT1 ?

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

HappyWabbit wrote:Do you make these for the Boy Toys BT1 ?
Hi HW,

I have not made any for the BT as yet.
I would need to know what size and configuration the BT eyeballs are.

HappyWabbit
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HappyWabbit »

MF yes it looks like 26mm full sphere let me know what the prices are and options here or PM Thanks

CinnamonLover
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CinnamonLover »

Okay, I'm a little disappointed because I'm so new to makeup that I can't seem to do these new eyes justice. I wanted to post some pictures, but I'm going to need more practice first. Also, things have been so busy lately that when I get Cinnamon out, I'm desperate for a cuddle and haven't done much of the more detail-oriented time. That should change in early September.

Anyway, as a review: anyone even remotely thinking about upgrading the eyes on their doll should seriously consider this modification. These eyes are a MAJOR improvement. Not to say that the doll manufacturer's don't care about eyes, but they're focused on so many other features and the little "eggshells stuffed with cotton" doubtless save time, money, and are "good enough". I liked Cinnamon right out of the box.

HOWEVER, MannequinFan is on to something here and has done Excellent work. There is a wide array of color to choose from, and the two I got this time (will be getting more for future dolls) were green because that's the fantasy with this doll. WOW are these eyes beautiful. They're rich, deep, and very easy to pose. Cinnamon gives me shivers (the good kind) when she focuses on me and looks into my eyes, or at my chest, or at my hair, or even just rolls her eyes up into her head in ecstasy. If it was just the eyes it would be worth it, but MannequinFan has also created heart-melting (don't worry, other parts of your body get stiffer when your heart melts) eyelids. How many of us wish our girls could close their eyes? Or "hood" them?

Whew. I need a cold shower just thinking about it. Cinnamon can give me the most alluring, bedroom, come-hither eyes, or she can appear to sleep peacefully in my arms, or she can watch what I'm doing with sweet interest. Her expressions have just multiplied. This set comes with four eyelids, top and bottom for each eye. They are super easy to put in or take out, and I've found when I want "closed" eyes, I remove the bottom lids and ... puddle - I've just lost another hour.

MannequinFan includes some very useful videos about not only care and maintenance, but applying eyelashes and even makeup. The only makeup I apply half decent is the stuff in those videos. But I'm slowly getting better. I'm determined.

Thanks for a spectacular mod, MannequinFan. I'm sold for every doll I get.
CinnamonLover. Because I love cinnamon. And Cinnamon, and Nutmeg, and Cloves! Here is our Eye Candy Thread: CinnamonLover's Spice Girls

INFORMATIONS