Starpery.com

Artificial Intelligence Engineer creating Doll AI

Got an idea? Need an invention?
sanskrit

Re: Artificial Intelligence Engineer creating Doll AI

Post by sanskrit »

Luis, it sounds like you're attempting to recreate systems contained within the human body (can't even imagine the work on intelligence that would be needed to mimic behavior and responses). The "doll" you seem to be aiming at might have to be at the level of what we saw in the recent film "Ex Machina".

This is really a difficult undertaking, but if you can achieve it, more power to you.

dukesix9
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by dukesix9 »

Hi Luis!

Love your ideas and can't wait to hear what you come up with. I'm currently working on a system to create warmth inside a doll myself. Been experimenting with a baby bottle warmer and a heating pad. So far I've not come up with anything really useful.

Duke

PS. In case anyone's wondering, I've been on her off and on in the past. It's been a while and couldn't even remember my username when I went to log in today.

AI4ALL
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by AI4ALL »

I feel I can achieve it and I'm not the only one who thinks so. I've already created the difficult part, which is the intelligence. I have a brain that will blow your mind I promise :)

I am very involved in the transhumanist and futurist communities as well as respected in the AI community. I give talks and do panels on artificial intelligence in NYC on a regular basis. I'll e a panelist at the futurist sessions in downtown Manhattan on on April 19th.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1280468528636119/

I'm also running a hardware workshop at materials for the arts.

Materials for the arts: https://www.facebook.com/mftanyc/

I am preparing to sweep turing tests like the Loebner prize this year. Last year I found about about the contest 2 days before the deadline, built an AI from scratch in those 2 days, and still fooled 48% of the Human judges. This year I am going for 100%.

I know some of this may sound like fanciful claims so I would be happy to meet in NYC or phone or whatever, if someone was interested in helping on this project. I'm not about money, I mean help.

AI4ALL
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by AI4ALL »

All of these technologies are off the shelf except for the brain, which already exists.

Artificial brain demonstration: https://www.facebook.com/luisaranaweb/v ... =2&theater

jbmac

Post by jbmac »

http://www.mitsuku.com/

then click chat to me, and pick the kind of text you want and a cartoon girl will chat with you, she is smart, can't fool her,

locombo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by locombo »

Heating definitely adds realism. In addition to the warmth directly feeling real, both silicone and TPE are often noticeably softer at 37 C than at 20 C or less.

I would suggest that anyone (like AI4ALL and dukesix9) venturing into this realm consider both the energy and cleaning/maintenance requirements at an early stage of the design (or experimentation) process. Heating a life-size solid doll may require a lot of power, especially if you want to be able to heat it up from room temp quickly. For a human body in a typical room, about 100 W is used to maintain thermal equilibrium. In practice, I suspect that a half-human-weight doll with similar specific heat would require even more, due to much poorer insulation. To reach that temperature in a reasonable time, you would need 2-3 x as much. One way around this would be to only heat a small portion of the doll. In any case, my point is that a quick experiment at the outset should give you a reasonable idea of the power required. If you were planning a nuclear-powered device, you can skip this step.

The potential for microbial growth increases greatly (presumably exponentially) with a heated doll, so the need for frequent and thorough cleaning becomes far more critical. The combination of frequent washing, heating cycles, and friction at elevated temperatures (at which the elastomers aren't as strong) all can reduce the lifespan of "intimate" parts, so an insert that can be removed easily and replaced cheaply would make the doll more usable and, in my opinion, much safer.

AI, on a more specific note, I think the circulatory system would needlessly add to the energy requirements. Instead, connect your heat-producing electronics to a wire mesh to distribute the heat throughout the doll more simply, more efficiently and without the risk of fluid leakage. If the mesh covers the whole doll, it will even have a built-in Faraday cage!

Cory2112

Post by Cory2112 »

AI4ALL wrote:All of these technologies are off the shelf except for the brain, which already exists.

Artificial brain demonstration: https://www.facebook.com/luisaranaweb/v ... =2&theater
Sent you a friend request and spent some time surfing your page and all I can say is AMAZING! I absolutely need to read up more on your research but kudos! I especially liked your post concerning giving robots/AI rights... the future is upon us and moving at a rate much faster than I had thought :)

deepinsider

Post by deepinsider »

Electrical engineer here - control systems and computer vision... I signed up specifically to follow this thread. Anonymity is important to me. My family would shit their guts out if they found what kind of sick hobby I kept in a secret storage unit. Just want to stay in the loop here!

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Welcome to TDF DI!

Have you developed any systems useful in a sex doll?
Can you divulge the application?
Not asking for a complex analysis of your system as I'm sure you may what to keep it confidential.

AI4ALL made only 5 post and hasn't been back since April 11th so who know if he will be back to follow up.

We seem to have doll builders and AI/ electrical guys on here, but no one that does it all so these members locked in their own niche seem to disappear. I can build a doll, but I'm not a AI/ robotics tech guy. Usually threaten my simple lap top w/a hammer everyday!
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

BigBurrito

Post by BigBurrito »

I wonder Luis if a Ardruino uno can be powerfull enough for some basic A.I. sense i am building a doll myself on that platform. i had dreams of building a robotic female companion for years, but to get full cognitive emotional intelligent like a real human would require some serious hardware, and processors? or having a very efficient Linux based software, or A.I. to run it? and for cooling all that hardware inside the doll's body by a liquid cooling and circulatory network like blood vessels throughout the body which would make her warm. My guess i in the hopefully in the near future i was thinking of a high end mini ATX motherboard and processor as a host, and a network of slave Ardruino boards, or Raspberry PI, for every main body part, but sense i'm on retirement Social Security, lack of money stands in my way for now. Also, i have no idea of the A.I. software needed for that kind of a build

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

AI4ALL, thank you for your well written manifesto. Really, it should be called the "AI Sex Doll Manifesto".

I know there is one thing that's REALLY SIMPLE to do that would really add to the life-likeness of these dolls.
Add BREATHING. A simple diaphragm that inflates and deflates makes a HUGE HUGE difference.

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

I would like to make a clarification - although some might think I'm nit-picking.

What most people will want is NOT an AI. What they want is a complex Situational EMULATOR.

Without getting to philosophical, something you have a relationship with is vastly different than something you can have sex with whenever you want. If we created (which is not within the realm of possibility 'right now', but eventually) an AGI (Artificial General Intelligence), it would most like not want to have sex. Machines desires are simply different that human desires. Read Superintelligence by Nick Bostrom. Having sex with something (even with a limited sentient mind) that does not have the desire to have sex has moral implications. Similarly, denying sentience to something, JUST SO they can remain a sex slave also has moral implications. And while not quite "evil", says some things about you that well .. aren't flattering. ie Nathan Bateman in Ex Machina. But MAN was that Asian sex doll hot !?!?

So what I believe most people will want is not an AI in an AGI sense. There are just too many thorny moral issues to have to deal with.

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

AI4ALL, hi & Welcome to TDF ...1st off, may i address other members just a moment ?...OK, What have I been telling you guys ? have I not said for awhile now that good people like our friend "Luis Arana" would come forward with their talents & abilities to enhance the "Love Doll" of tomorrow / today ?....HA !!!...told ya so !!! Ok,..Luis ? may I introduce myself ? my name is Tearence michael walters, owner of Emperial Props Studios of Muncie, IN. my friends here at TDF know me as "Mannequin Man". I am a Sculptor / Prop Maker by trade, ( aspiring Love Doll Manufacturer ) with a degree in Tincure silicone research, having worked as an Independent for DAP chemical coatings of Baltimore, MD. ( Cove rd. Facility ) 4yrs. I now run a small Studio in Muncie, IN. & sounds like you & I have the same passions my friend !!! please follow my posts as I am also at this point of creating a "Fembot"....( .http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=80607 ) 'This news of you coming to TDF absolutely thrills me & others to no end !!! I follow David Hanson, Sam Jinks, Spectral Motion, Greg Nicotero, Howard Berger, Tom Savini, Dick Smith, & have met Robert Kurtzman of "Creature Corp" of which I made him a Zombie mask for an event he sponsored. anyway, I have formulated a blend of silicone that may render electric current response because I discovered a way to impregnate water into silicone, that yields what I call "Wet & Squishy formula" ( http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=80534 ) I will follow these posts you make & maybe we can collaborate on some projects ? I dont hold a candle to you as far as AI. but my talents lie with sculpting & silicone. ( I have several hundred pounds of cured silicone samples in my studio ) anyway Luis, feel free to contact me at the shop night or day to discuss ideas ?

Very Sincerely, TM. Walters / MM
EMPERIAL PROPS STUDIOS
2800 W. Memorial Dr. lot 98
Muncie, IN. 47302
765-381-7305
www.facebook.com/tearencemichaelwalters ( timline photos of work )
emperialprops@yahoo.com

roninfiertze

Post by roninfiertze »

rubyfan wrote:Apple and/or Google need to legitimize the personal humanoid robot market.
I feel like Google pretty much sold out on the potential humanoid robotics sector when they decided they wanted to put Boston Dynamics on the market.

BD wants to make legged robots, that's clear to us. At the time of the initial story what I read from them was that Google execs saw no future in humanoid or legged robotics, and no profit to be had in the next couple of years, and told BD to scrap their ideas and move on. Sounded like the leaders of BD flat out refused, and Google said "Fine, we're going to try selling you as a company".

I'm not sure I'd believe Apple would get into the market, as they have about 0 robotics experience. They're all software. They even outsource their component hardware and for the most part design plastic enclosures for the tech.

I think the most likely scenarios will be

A.) Some large company with existing experience in some sector related to robotics or dolls and not averse to the (not insignificant) risks will start a completely new division for the work
B.) A new, previously unknown company with capitol backing their development from another sector of the tech industry and possible partnerships will form

Perhaps sort of like how VR happened at HTC, a mobile phone company. They had the experience with phone screens which were needed for the tech, and then partnered up with Valve to design a headset with Valve tracking tech.

Maybe someday we'll see an iRobot Mrs. Roomba 9000. Hahaha...
Present:
Katie - WM 145cm head #1 - 2014
Cheyenne - Sanhui 156cm head #2 - 2016
"Anthro Project" - HappyDoll 100cm TDF banned - 2017
Alexandria - DH168 132cm TDF banned - 2017
Emily - DH168 132cm TDF banned - 2018
Casandra - DH168 145cm Marie - 2020
Anastasia - CD 138cm TDF banned - 2021
Unnamed - CD 130cm TDF banned - 2021
Ordered - Zelex 142cm TDF banned - 2021

Future:
1.) GameDoll Sino G3 160cm
2.) Sino 158cm B #30
3.) Starpery 171cm

Synobyte07
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synobyte07 »

You can follow Louis Arana's progress with A.I. here. His updates are just about on a monthly basis.

His open source A.I. LUNA like other open source fields in the areas of robotics and programming is
probably going to be the way to go to get this type of humanoid project off the ground more quickly
and efficiently.
"Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice." Zoetrope

INFORMATIONS