Re: Giving TPE girl a tan

Post by Xander_DL »

Wow, the tan makes your hot looking doll even hotter

olireads
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by olireads »

button have you ever tried to produce a tan with oil pastels?

HornyGuy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by HornyGuy »

Buttoncock,
Congrats on your effort firstly. You really do set your mind too something ad go for it. Will get you far in life I'm sure! So I am going to copy your methods described herein. I love Tan Lines also and am ruined by them so must have them now!!!!!! YES i have read the whole thread and although i believe you have left a clear set of instructions after all your effort i will try to break them down from what you have described.

In essence i think your heating did nothing at all as you have suggested so wont waste my time with it. Nor masking off the tan line knowing that i can only make them by taping off the area and cleaning away the tan stain with mineral spirits. I also don't know if the spray tan was a good idea as you have said it was splotchy and uneven even after a small then a really thick 4 can coat. It was the final cream makeup from Walgreen's applied with a foam brush that made for an even all body tan. Also as i will be doing it inside i believe no over spray is a good thing. I am curios which walgreens cream makeup specifically you used though. I get what others are asking from you and this would seem to be a really important factor as different products will react differently.

So as far as i see it this is the simple yet effective steps you have left us with:

1: Bath the doll get all residue powders and dirt of the TPE before anything else.
2: Give the Whole surface a good rub down with mineral spirits to "Prep" the surface.
3: Purchase a mic/speaker stand to hang the doll from (i got one off gumtree for $20:)
4: Using suggested (waiting for correct cream makeup) cream makeup and applying with a wedge foam sponge start to evenly apply a full coat of the makeup.
5: Leave makeup for 48hrs to stain (i am ballparking that figure but i cant see extra time hurting only helping)
6: After 48hr curing time bath the doll thoroughly too remove the excess makeup.
7: I am thinking of masking off and making tan lines with mineral spirits removal method after each coat?? what do you think buttoncock?
8: Repeat process 4 to 7 until desired tan level/lines are achieved??????

HEADS UP THIS WILL BE TIME CONSUMING BECAUSE OF:
- CLEANING CREAM MAKEUP OFF
- 48 HOUR CURING TIME
- MAKING OF TAN LINES BY MASKING OF AND REMOVING TAN WITH MINERAL SPIRITS

Buttoncock from what i can see this is the simple yet effective way to do it from the lessons you had learnt.

I too am a Muso/Artist but not by trade (I wish...... you are lucky) With mass patience and an eye for detail so I think i can pull it of. Please feel free to correct me in anyway possible.

HornyGuy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by HornyGuy »

Heads up air brush legs by sally Hansen comes in a tube form in Australia a well as a can. Seeings I cant find the "walgreens cream makeup". I think i will get sally Hansen air brush legs in tube (discount chemist warehouse) not can form instead of the Walgreens cream makeup, then apply it with the wedge sponge. I am going to leave for 48 hours and wash off and do 3 coats. I will take specific photos of each process for others here to see and if successful will leave clear instructions on what to do! Essentially I am adapting Buttoncocks method for the lessons he learned....or so I hope. I am doing 2 dolls one will have tann lines one wont. All info and pics will be uploaded once complete:)

Dollicious2
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Dollicious2 »

buttoncock wrote:The tan has been applied for about a year now, no signs of fading at all. I figured that the TPE would break down the pigment, push it out, or absorb it by now....but it hasn't.
Hi BC,

You last posted tan doing great back in March but didn't add a recent photo set with better brighter lighting.

How is the tan holding up after another few months and could you add some recent photos?

Greatly appreciate your experiment project , this has been a fascinating read and I might try this out on my older doll using the cream tanning makeup instead of spray on.

Dollicious2
viewtopic.php?t=104739
Jelina and Jelena 170cm C slim body twins.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DL2 Fashion Studio
viewtopic.php?t=116236
Olinka YL170 D
viewtopic.php?t=93693

livdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by livdoll »

I use oil pastels on my doll for make-up and it works fine as long as you don't add oil. I would use a fade effect around the areas you plan to get oil on.

Dollicious2
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Dollicious2 »

livdoll wrote:I use oil pastels on my doll for make-up and it works fine as long as you don't add oil. I would use a fade effect around the areas you plan to get oil on.
You have photos of your doll? I never heard of oil pastels before... What's that?
viewtopic.php?t=104739
DL2 Fashion Studio
viewtopic.php?t=116236
Olinka YL170 D
viewtopic.php?t=93693

kambui
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by kambui »

Dollicious2 wrote:
livdoll wrote:I use oil pastels on my doll for make-up and it works fine as long as you don't add oil. I would use a fade effect around the areas you plan to get oil on.
You have photos of your doll? I never heard of oil pastels before... What's that?
I bought some as well:

Dollicious2
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Dollicious2 »

Oh man no way I am putting permanent ink on my baby lol
Best of luck to you guys but no thanks here.
viewtopic.php?t=104739
DL2 Fashion Studio
viewtopic.php?t=116236
Olinka YL170 D
viewtopic.php?t=93693

Dollicious2
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Dollicious2 »

You see how that guy Doesn't post anything anymore? That's because he ruined his doll I bet.
Heating up a doll that hot like he did and spray painting her like that may have destroyed her in long run is my good guess but we'll never know because he never posted anymore pics...
viewtopic.php?t=104739
DL2 Fashion Studio
viewtopic.php?t=116236
Olinka YL170 D
viewtopic.php?t=93693

VinceTheSnake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by VinceTheSnake »

Looks great, did it end up holding the month without damaging the dolls skin structure?

Xander_DL

Post by Xander_DL »

Dollicious2 wrote:You see how that guy Doesn't post anything anymore? That's because he ruined his doll I bet.
Heating up a doll that hot like he did and spray painting her like that may have destroyed her in long run is my good guess but we'll never know because he never posted anymore pics...

Or he could be having so much fun with his tanned beauty that he forgot he had a topic about the process on the forum :whistle:

Otherwise: poor doll.

BrazilianBooty

Post by BrazilianBooty »

bikini tan lines should be a standard option if you ask me, just like standing foot, skin color, aerola size etc
I get really turned on by tan lines :-)
Attachments
TanLines.jpeg
TanLines.jpeg (70.04 KiB) Viewed 2648 times

texas
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by texas »

Hey Guys,

Just finished using Sally Hansen Light Glow Air Brush Legs in spray can on my Llayne. She looks Fabulous.

The trick is thorough bath & absolutely dry girl. Check 100% for all dry.

I used a 3 inch fine foam roller on most of the body and a makeup sponge around eyes.

Go real slow and keep minimum light sprays on roller. Take your time to slowly work smooth and not leave streaks.

Took about two hours to front and 30 mins on back. I put on a tight bikini for tan lines OMG.

Let it dry about an hour per side then baby powder as usual.

Do not Baby Oil it removes tan.

Enjoy.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

timetraveler1 wrote:NOW, if we could do a reverse type tan and by that i mean a doll that is already tan but make bikini area's untanned in another words lighter . I would love to hear someone figure that one out .
i have heard you can put lighter make up to achieve this but that is just temporary , i am talking about something permanent.
I was thinking about this as well TT.
I don't have a tan doll but I did try this experiment quite a while ago on the back of my dark tan head.
It wouldn't be high contrast and sharp but I think it would work for somewhat faded tan lines.
Not permanent, but a whole lot less work.
For this I used a light colored blush powder (NYC 702A Naturally Beige)...
Attachments
IMG_4691.JPG
IMG_4691.JPG (457.68 KiB) Viewed 1856 times

INFORMATIONS