Starpery.com

Giving TPE girl a tan

Got an idea? Need an invention?
timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Giving TPE girl a tan

Post by timetraveler1 »

THE ONLY REASON i mentioned about you putting step by step is because in earlier test you tried many things and some failed . thats why i was asking if you could put step by step of what actually worked . as i understand this was tanning a light colored body doll.

what i am interested in myself for the future of hopefully someday owning a tpe doll is creating "WHITE " TAN LINE ON A ALREADY TAN BODY . the key also is to find a way that will keep the tanline (white ) pernamently!

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

After a lot of trial and error, I ended up doing 2 spray coats and one hand applied coat....all with various techniques.

Im not really into repeating myself....this thread basically turned into a journal of everything I've done instead of being a help/discussion thread. Apparently, Im the only one with enough drive to do this. So far, I have yet to see a TPE doll anywhere online with tan lines besides mine.

Ive done so much, I can't even remember. So, to anyone who has questions about the process, read the thread.

What I've done is create a deep under the surface stain. Im not certain of what I exactly did or didn't do to make it work. There were so many variables I experimented with at different times for different lengths of time...like I said....I can't remember all of it and I'm not going back to read all the shit I already wrote because Im sick of even thinking of everything I went thru to achieve the tan/tan lines.

But, I achieved it. So, now I'm moving on to other modifications.

When they pour the mold(silicone or TPE)for your doll with your choice of skin tone , thats it. thats the color of your doll. In most cases, especially in the TPE department...your shit has already been poured/cured when you place your order.
There is no way possible to add tan lines during the pouring process....the entire doll will be one color. Once the doll cures, you can't go and alter the shade of the TPE or silicone.

If you took either type of doll and melted the material down to liquid form, it would be the color they poured it in.

Please, any doll makers that can prove me wrong...I am formally sending you an invite to do so.

Im certain it would be impossible to create white tan lines on a tan-poured TPE doll.

With silicone, they can use pigments just like they do in hollywood to give tan lines, freckles, tattoos, etc.
That happens after the doll mold is already cured with whatever skin tone she was poured with.

They use the same silicone pigment to give color to the nipples, lips, nails,, etc.....ive seen more than enough photos of that paint wearing off. Im sure they create different mixtures for something like all over tan/tan lines.

Essentially, they pour a fair skinned doll, and then paint the tan on....just like I did, but with makeup products.

Its not rocket science.

I described the tan lines process in photo descriptions. But, Ill repeat myself just this once....lol

Each coat had different tan lines.
The first coat, I sprayed her with a bathing suit on that I modified and spent hours adjusting to make everything symmetrical and natural as possible.

After I got all the first coat cleaned off, I realized all that did was waste a bunch of time and ruin a perfectly good bikini.

The stain spread, so I ended up doing the tan lines by hand. (diff topic: it was a bitch figuring out how to get tattoo ink to not spread)

On the second and third coats, I applied tan lines by hand.

Now thats clarified, hopefully future questions will be legitimate ones because everything I just said is concrete shit thats already been posted on this thread either in text or in photo descriptions. (seriously, getting asked questions about info thats already been listed affects my IQ in a negative manner, along with giving great strength to my narcoleptic tendencies)

As far as nipples go, there are a shitload online. I, being the "noobie try-hard", bought several sets of the most expensive ones I could find. Idk if I'm happy with any of them yet. There are a lot of options, I just went with what looked the most realistic in online vendor photos.

Im not sure if I got the wrong sizes/colors, or what. There is a company in the UK selling some a lil cheaper that looked pretty realistic, but they looked too transparent.
Now, Im thinking maybe I should've went with those. IDK yet...I haven't really done much experimenting in the nipple department besides piercing the factory ones thinking it would help them look more realistic....nope. My bad for thinking.

The TPE dolls feel the most realistic, but the high end silicone dolls look the most realistic.
Me being the lil fucker that I am, I have set out to take a TPE doll and create the hottest, most realistic TPE doll on the planet....a hybrid of sorts.

Not to sound cocky, bc I'm not....but, Ive looked at all the professional photos taken of all the best TPE dolls with custom made outfits and professional makeup lighting etc and I feel like already, the shitty iphone5 pics I took of this TPE doll thats a work in progress already look better. That in itself gives me drive to continue this journey.

I can sit and look at all those TPE doll pics, and then I can go look at the same quality images of Realdolls or S**thetics or PIBs and its like comparing apples to oranges....or should I say Korbel Brut to a 93 vintage Dom Perignon.

It made me realize how half ass all these asian TPE manufacturers are when it comes to attention to detail.
All those guys care about is stacking them deep and selling them cheap....unlike high end US makers. Thats why you can get a TPE doll in a matter of weeks versus up to and over a year wait for high end silicone depending on custom options.

You get what you pay for, and thats why to get a badass high end custom silicone doll is in the 10k range and the sky is the limit.

Unfortunately, the silicone technology isn't in the same ballpark as TPE for realistic feel and durability.

I want to create the best of both worlds. Durability, realistic feel, AND have the realistic appearance of a high end silicone doll.

Ive already bought another head, custom made high realism masterpiece eyes, full lace human hair wig, more nails, makeup, clothing, etc.....Ive spent way over double what I did on the doll in all the other shit so far.

Im going balls out on this shit, but thats just my style....always has been. Im a gear head and an artist by nature, so modification is my middle name. If I can't gain any knowledge from peers, Ill figure it out on my own. Im self-taught in every aspect of my life.

With that being said, this underground industry that should already be mainstream by now intrigues the shit out of me.
Even though the TPE dolls aren't nearly as realistic looking or photogenic as the high end silicone, they are still complete works of art. Hands Down.

Even my 140 is.....well she is growing more and more lifelike everyday. Its a process. I actually... now, I purposely keep one room in my house warmer than the rest of the house...and thats the room I work on her now that Im not in the garage slaving away on a tan. LOL

I bought this girl with plans of modifying her and selling her. I didn't know what I would be able to accomplish, if anything at all. I figured if I ruined her, I have a waste container big enough to casket her to the curb on trash day.

Life isn't worth living without taking risk.

The more this process progresses....with each little step, I think more and more about keeping her. Its like a painting I worked so hard and long on, I decide to keep it for myself. LOL

I do see myself getting a taller doll in the future. Like I've stated, Im 6 foot 6. She's is 4 foot 5 or 7 or somewhere in there. I think the new head she has coming might make her a lil taller. Either way, the length of her thighs aren't long enough for me to have sex with her doggie and thats all I'm interested as far as sexual relations go, doll or not.

Im getting my feet wet in the doll world with her and breaking ground in the process and I'm having fun doing it.

I think I've said this, not sure.....But.....
I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Ive been curious about dolls for a decade or so. I finally convinced myself to get one on stipulation that I modify her and that was justifiable enough to dive in.

Now, I think about getting pussy a lot less...my ex a lot less...I pretty much quit going out, and I'm challenging my creative boundaries once again in my life.
I enjoy my time at home alone a lot more now than before. Its exciting and different than the norm I've been used to for so long.

I know a lot of you want/have dolls for different reasons...def different reasons than me.
I have always been intrigued by them since I found out they existed.

For me, this doll is giving me fulfillment and presenting challenges I haven't ever been faced with before. I like it.
I like growth.
I feed off of it. Im feeding off of being a doll owner.
I know that this isn't going to end by me throwing her to the curb. Im too determined to let that happen.

I will say that I've been in relationships with some serious fucking girls and I gave every single one of them shit and would give them a hard time about getting ready....for years. Now, I reap the karma from all that.
Now, Im spending way way more time than any of them ever did doing the same shit and I now have a whole new level of respect and appreciation for them serious girls out there looking hot AF. -END RANT

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

People are asking for details that you never mentioned, specifically what you did and what specific paint, stain, ink or whatever you applied to achieve this permanent tan on TPE.

You are breaking new ground here! Nobody else has done this successfully on TPE. Congrats!

Your technique could well be worth money to other doll owners if you packaged it and sold it as a kit. The secret might even be worth $$$ to doll manufacturers. You should try to remember the steps you took, even if you do not wish to reveal them for free here.

Interesting thread! Thanks for sharing.
My Doll Album is here!

Rigidman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rigidman »

Since you've come so far and have been successful, would you do it the same way knowing what you know? Or would you buy a tan doll and put on the lighter color? They may be a task in itself. You probably can't bleach it, staining something lighter than what it is seems unlikely. He makeup route is most probable but temporary. But I'm guessing if TPE can be stained to darken it there may be a process to stain it with some kind of whitening.

I think, like you mentioned, different people are driven by different reasons to get a doll. If you can afford $5k-$10k+ more power to you. Some can't put out that much or can't come to terms to spend that much on the unknown, a wim, or a fantasy. If I had the money I probably would buy a high end doll, but that's not the case. I could save for it, sell some stuff off but right now that's more than I'm willing to do. I got a chopper I'm building on the back porch. After the accident it's just setting there. It's my dream and I can't bring myself to sell it. I did everything within my ability to get it. I believe that's how some approach dolls. For some it's a hobby, others a dream or their passion.

I applaud what you've done but as its been said before there are many that wish to follow in your footsteps. Others may have not tread where you have from fear of loosing something dear to them. So if people ask you to clarify or ask questions covered by your posts it's possible they want to be sure before following. If you're working towards something you can package and sell I can understand your resistance, but if not, they're only asking for your advice and/or guidance. Have some patience. You've cleared the path, you did a lot of hard work, so when people ask you to shorten their path or make things easier for them it may seem unfair but what's the answer cost? A few minutes?

I'm looking forward to your better pics. As I stated before. If it looks this good on a phone camera they'll be amazing on an actual camera.

I searched for areolas and nipples. The best looking ones I've found are $300 but they custom make them and they may not deal with the doll hobby. I found others that look decent for $50-$70. None as large as yours yet. I'd appreciate it if you would let me know the website you got yours from or the ones you think are best. The rest I've found are just nipple shaped, some are clear, most of them look completely fake. I've contacted some of the high end doll makers about their nipples, waiting for responses.

I'd like to see some pics of the tattoos once you get some laid down. When you said you figured out something, the first thing that came to my mind is early jailhouse method or ancient methods with a sharp point attached to a long handle and you tap it poking the point through the skin. There are a couple tattooists in Japan that still do samurai style tattoos in that method. If you're using a gun, you probably have to go slower, try different needles, and possibly slow down the motor. Or speed it up. Hope you can elaborate some unless you're going to start tattooing dolls which could bring you some money.

Well I gotta go thanks. Later.

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

Thank you for those kind words, ts....
I am actually thinking about it now as an avenue for additional income.
As stated, I am an artist by nature. I paint, tattoo, create music, etc. and I am blessed and fortunate to earn any sort of income doing so.
In fact, being an artist is my only income and I pride myself on that. Im lucky.

I had no idea I would be getting myself so wrapped up into the doll modification process when I initially dove into this.
I guess, my passion for modification is the only thing that keeps me going....keeps me trying. I love seeing results.

Anyways, I am an artist that isn't afraid to share techniques/learning curve. Im all about sharing knowledge. Knowledge is power and I want us all to be as powerful as possible!

I can't stand people that hoard knowledge. Those fuckers are pussies. Hence the reason why I'm doing what I am is because of people like that.
Im not going to name any names,, but I'm referring to one or two active board members on here. You want to be vague with me? Fine, Ill figure it out on my own. You want to tell me it cannot be done? Fine, Ill figure out a way to make it happen.
Thats who I am.

I apologize if I didn't describe everything about the process in this thread in a "reader friendly" manner. I have had so much going on in my life and modifying this doll and I tried to document everything as much as I could. Like I said, I started this thread asking for help, and it turned into a journal. Ive never written a journal. lol

After lots of experimentation with different products, I used Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs for the first two coats and then I used a Walgreens store brand of makeup for the third coat that I applied with a wedge sponge. I use a heat gun at various intervals...not sure if it was a good thing for absorption rate or if it hindered it. There are many variables that played into this process, and Im not the one to blatantly state what works and what doesn't because Im in a learning curve myself.

Like I said, it had been a difficult process. I don't care to bitch about the details, but getting her from hanging in the garage to the bath tub and removing the makeup along with the clean up process afterwards is a full time job in itself. I still have makeup on the shower tile I haven't taken the time to remove yet.

But, its worth it. The stain is even, and it is deep. I can rub on the TPE aggressively and nothing fades. Trust me, Ive done it over and over on different parts of her body. Im very pleased with the results, and will be focused on other modifications while waiting to see how the stain/tan fades...if it even does.

She has had this tan about a week so far, and there are no signs of fading. In fact, the stain has spread into her tan lines and I will have to redo them. The TPE is soaking up the stain. It hasn't stopped. Im using odorless mineral spirits to develop the tan lines.

As far as other doll owners or manufacturers go, Im still in developmental stages with all this. Ive used off-the-shelf products that anyone can go buy. I haven't developed my own formula of anything to sell.

TPE doll makers won't ever do what I'm doing..unless I go into business and offer tan-lined TPE dolls as a product. Trust me. No chinese manufacturer will be painstakingly modifying TPE dolls as I am.

Honestly, the only way I could think about making money is modifying dolls and selling them on the fourm....or having owners ship their dolls to me so I could modify them to their specs.

As of now, Im just focused on transforming this TPE doll into the most beautiful/realistic TPE doll known to man. IDK what will happen after Im done with her. She might just be a "one and done" type situation. Like I said, its a lot of work and my band is going to be going on tour soon, so I won't have any time to do anything else once that happens.

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

Rigid, of course I would....everything I went thru to get to where I am worked. It took a lot, but I achieved what I set out to. Sure, I might change up the variable situation to see what results come from it in the future....but as of now, "if it aint broke, don't fix it". LOL
Thats an old saying I've never taken to heart.

As Ive stated numerous times, you can't modify the color of the TPE, or silicone for that matter once it has been poured.

As far as nipples go, I never found 300 dollar sets anywhere...I bought some silicone pros ethics from the breast form website that cost about 65 bucks a set.

I have no problem answering questions or taking the time to share knowledge. But, when I get asked questions that prove to me the info in this thread was not read though roughly, I get perturbed. Pardon me for not wanting to repeat myself.

As far as tattooing goes...the method you are referring to is called Tebora. Its the oldest method of tattooing known to man.

And no, that is not what I'm doing....I can't imagine how long it would take to tattoo a TPE doll using that old school method. I am using modern equipment with modern supplies.....with a technique I spent the time/patience/money on my own. Just like the tan lines, nobody helped me with any sort of knowledge on tattooing TPE. I just got shot down. I can discuss/share my knowledge of all the different variables that work for me, but I would literally have to apprentice you in person for any of it to make sense. Besides, Im far away from getting to that point.

Im not going to be putting a small butterfly on her lower back or a name in cursive writing on the inside of her wrist.
Im going to be doing large pieces, like detailed japanese designs I have created (dragons, koi fish, etc)...
It is going to be a shitload of work. Im not ready to do that just yet. Its a lot to chew.

As of now, Im working on other modifications to make her more realistic, in the mean time monitoring the tan.

Once I start tattooing her, the tan will have to be redone....lil nugget of knowledge for you to read into.

So, I'm just gonna focus on other areas to add realism before diving off the deep end.

Cheers!

Rigidman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rigidman »

Thanks. Yeah I think I found the same nipples as you. Several sites sell them. As far as nipples go I agree the silicone dolls win hands down. TPE are just painted on. The high end silicone are layered and molded. That's why it takes so long. The only problem I have with the high end dolls is some of their faces don't look right to me. Don't know if it's a design feature to get away from realism or they just look that way. Don't get me wrong, there's a wicked real doll of Asa Akira that's amazing. But there's something about it that's off. I can't explain it. But I want nipples that are more realistic. I wonder if you can mix up TPE with your own pigment and "paint" realistic nipples? Of course they'd probably have to be heat cured possibly causing damage unless the material can air cure over time or cure in a lower heat state.

I was watching some utube vids about dolls, is your tpe dolls head like a pillow? This video showed this guy poking her head and he stuck his thumb down in the tpe head to his palm. He was comparing TPE dolls to silicone DS dolls. I'm still leaning towards a TPE doll. But since seeing that I might get a DS head. They basically mount the same way. Just have to change threaded rod to smooth with a groove or macgyver something up. I'm also going to get a real hair wig like you mentioned. The others look OK for a while, but the feel and looks just not the same as real hair. If the mixed wig was less expensive I might consider it but the ones I've seen cost almost the same as a full real hair one. To me $5-$10 difference is nothing.

I love your tat choices. I understand about trying to explain to someone that doesn't do tats. I know nothing except that I have some. I've seen people that got tore up by someone that was supposed to know. He was a garage tattooist. You should see the scarring. Thanks for telling me the name of the old tat technique, I forgot it. I suffer from CRS. LOL!!

If you were to do tans as a business, would you suggest darkening a light skin doll or do you think a dark skin could be lightened? I know you haven't done the reverse yet, but I figure you might have some insight now. I understand the pigment is in the material when it's poured. But I'm curious if there's a chemical that could "bleach" the body without damage. To me it'd be less work than what you've done so far. It'd also be interesting to see an update in a few months to see how durable your tan is and how much it bled into the untanned area.

I appreciate the work you've done. I may follow you're lead. But like I said I've seen girls tan from head to toe. But in certain areas they were lighter. And their chest, arms and thighs seemed darker. The areas that usually get sun majority of the time from wearing t shirts or tank tops and shorts.

I'm also an artist, an amateur, I like to paint landscapes. Been messing around with oil and acrylic. Taken some classes. I also like to draw. Thinking about doing some abstracts. I'm also considering getting some DVDs and maybe take some classes for portraits. I know I can do it. Like everything it takes practice and trial and error. I've also been playing around with an airbrush on thick paper. Practicing the basics I found a website that has tips and advice.

Thanks for your time later.

Rigidman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rigidman »

Well I think I made up my mind. Under my post "hello" I put some pics of what I'm leaning towards. She's silicone and I only have to save a little longer. If I decide on tan lines I'll have to use another method lol!!! I've also been looking at aliexpress. I can get a TPE doll for $1050. They have buyer protection so it's similar to using PayPal. But I may have to pay a duty and other import fees. We'll see. Later

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

No...the head is nothing like a pillow..its harder than the rest of her body because theres a solid composite skull underneath the tpe....maybe the vid you watched was of a torso w a head or something.
Good luck w the silicone. Maybe one day, silicone will advance to being as realistic feeling as tpe. but for now, its not.

And, I recently learned of a new Korean tpe formula that is more lifelike/realistic than any other tpe out there.

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

But with silicone, you can use silpig to give her a tan.

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

And....you get what you pay for, especially on that site(amongst many others). More than likely, u will get a doll that looks nothing like the pics posted in the sale.....if its silicone, prob has a foam core and won't last very long.

If it seems too good to be true, it is....esp in the doll world. Do your research. And, there is no reason for any seller not to have paypal set up for purchasing......i wouldn't trust anyone who doesn't.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Pucs please. If the surface of your doll is not clean enough it will not remain on her once applied
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

there are several pics if you go back thru the thread....i will be posting more as i make progress.
and no offense, but I'm not an idiot.....or maybe i am, spending up to 7 hours at a time thoroughly cleaning her.

Rigidman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rigidman »

Thanks for head info. Yeah the utube was from 05(?) I believe. Feeling lazy today. Dont want to deal with searching for vid right now lol!! They were comparing a whole body TPE doll to DS silicone doll. The DS was firm silicone. It was also before they changed formula to soften it considerably. Since the head has a core that changes things slightly. The tpe doll in the vid also appeared to have a painted face. Even eyes looked painted. Annie's is supposed to be a reputable vendor. But you raise something I should definitely ask about. Thanks for that. Hadn't considered it being foam core. What is the brand/manufacturer of your doll? I browsed back over post didn't catch it anyplace but may have missed it.

What is silpig? Silicone pigment? Please clarify. Not something I'm familiar with. I'll search for it online. Later

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

Yep

INFORMATIONS