Starpery.com

Giving TPE girl a tan

Got an idea? Need an invention?
buttoncock

Re: Giving TPE girl a tan

Post by buttoncock »

Thanks TT! And I agree.....they definitely do and the more realistic, the better! :)

bootylover24
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bootylover24 »

Dude your doll is very hot.

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

Im glad you like bootylover! Im gearing up to do some extensive shoots with her...

Rigidman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rigidman »

Hood he used spray tan. I believe it's what gave him the best outcome. You'll have to read previous post about all hard work. Great pics BC. The makeup is AMAZING!!! All I can say is WOW!! Thanks for the updates. Later

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

Test shot with the ole Canon....been a while since I used it. I am definitely rusty lol

But anyways, this is the first photo of her wearing her new Hi-realism Masterpiece Blue Eyes.

I just built a standing rack for her to do photo shoots, so I'm going to test that out....

Wish me luck! LOL
Attachments
~101.png
~101.png (624.59 KiB) Viewed 2992 times

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

Standing rack works perfect.....cost about 100 bucks in parts at the local home improvement chain.

Im still playing with lighting...but I think Ive got the Canon dialed in.

Im going to try some different lens filters to see what works best with my ghetto lighting rig. LOL

Heres a test shot with a few different edits...
Attachments
~103.png
~103.png (508.7 KiB) Viewed 2982 times
~102.png
~102.png (447.41 KiB) Viewed 2982 times

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

I'll have to re look over it all on his post to figure out exactly what gave him the best results in tanning , you say spray tan , i know he did a lot of trial and error which of course a person has to do , this was why i asked him before what exactly did the correct job . so i will check and look over it all again to find out .

I FOUND THIS TO BE HELPFUL ; After lots of experimentation with different products, I used Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs for the first two coats and then I used a Walgreens store brand of makeup for the third coat that I applied with a wedge sponge. I use a heat gun at various intervals...not sure if it was a good thing for absorption rate or if it hindered it.

The stain is even, and it is deep. I can rub on the TPE aggressively and nothing fades. Trust me, Ive done it over and over on different parts of her body. Im very pleased with the results, and will be focused on other modifications while waiting to see how the stain/tan fades...if it even does. She has had this tan about a week so far, and there are no signs of fading. In fact, the stain has spread into her tan lines and I will have to redo them. The TPE is soaking up the stain. It hasn't stopped. Im using odorless mineral spirits to develop the tan lines.

WHEN YOU ARE USING THE MINERAL SPiRITS TO DEVELOP the tan lines , are you talking about when you first do it before tanning or if the tan fades into the white area and you use mineral spirits to take tan off the area's ?

Rigidman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rigidman »

New pics look great. All your hard work has really paid off.i guess the TPE is like a sponge it constantly soaks up the tanning material. This may be a strange idea but have you thought about cooling your doll? Maybe if it gets cold enough the pores in the TPE will constrict and the seeping will stop. Also if it's still spreading the tanning solution may still be drying inside the skin and cooling it may cause it to dry enough to stop the bleeding. Maybe stick her in the fridge or in front of a air conditioner. Let me know if you try it. Later

Billiam
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Billiam »

Absolutely amazing. Is the tan still holding up?

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Billiam wrote:Absolutely amazing. Is the tan still holding up?
Great question, it's been 4 months.

Welcome to TDF Billiam!
My Doll Album is here!

tonetls
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by tonetls »

I don't know if this works but food coloring (green-red=brown)might work and would penetrate and stain permanently just like you do easter eggs ect?????

just a thought

NewDollDude
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by NewDollDude »

I do not see the brand of spray tan you used. I tried some tanner OTC -- it does not work. Any ideas?

alamode

Post by alamode »

I read somewhere cocoa powder darkens

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

The tan has been applied for about a year now, no signs of fading at all. I figured that the TPE would break down the pigment, push it out, or absorb it by now....but it hasn't. I think that I applied enough of the pigment and developed a proper method of doing so through lots of R&D to make the tan permanent. Now, Im sure that the tan would not be there anymore if I bathed her in mineral spirits....but I'm not going to try that out because I have too much time and money invested to ruin the finished product!

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

NOW, if we could do a reverse type tan and by that i mean a doll that is already tan but make bikini area's untanned in another words lighter . I would love to hear someone figure that one out .
i have heard you can put lighter make up to achieve this but that is just temporary , i am talking about something permanent.

I guess the only real way would be as i once mentioned to a doll company and that is to use a test sheet of tpe skin and test things on it to see what will make the tpe lighter on a tan test skin sheet.
If doll componies did this in research and developement and found what works they could sell dolls with tan lines .

INFORMATIONS