Starpery.com

Death to Shiny Dolls: Sand/Abrasive Blasting Silicone

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Tybalt
Ex-Member

Re: Death to Shiny Dolls: Sand/Abrasive Blasting Silicone

Post by Tybalt »

I once had a tpr toy and sprayed dildo disenfectant in it. It had alchohol and other abrassives to kill bacteria. The skin of the tpr wrinkled and shriveled up on the surface and made it matte. What if there was a chemical solution that can make silicone/tpe matte?

FlashGordoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: On planet Mongo, being molested by Izzy, Yuuko & Aimi and Natasha, Zina & Julia .-)

Post by FlashGordoll »

With regards to the title of this thread - there are inert blasting media's like glass beads that probably wouldn't embed into the silicone's surface, its man made and spherical but fairly pricey. I use it sometimes for surface finishing aluminium at lower pressures (60 psi). Any angular grit would most certainly embed itself into a soft material like silicone and ruin the doll.

An interesting idea but personally I think even if you had all the necessary equipment it would be a lot of hastle bead blasting a whole doll.. 8O

Those doll brands that have a finished coat sprayed on afterwards are textured and matt. Manufacturers that don't use a finish coat could (in theory) spray a dust coat (lacquer)? on their plug before making the mold from it to create the skin texture.
She aint heavy, she's just rubber

Click the relevant thumbnail photos below to view the separate galleries for:
Mechadoll = Izzy/Silicone-Art = Yuuko & Aimi/ Anatomical doll B4 = Natasha, Zina & Julia

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

You do not want to do any of this stuff to your dolls. If you are unsatidfied with the quality of your doll, pick a more expensive doll.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

You were right about pre-treating the mold...

FlashGordoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: On planet Mongo, being molested by Izzy, Yuuko & Aimi and Natasha, Zina & Julia .-)

Post by FlashGordoll »

Just as a little experiment.. Next time I change my blasting cabinet media to glass beads I'll dig out a bit of already set & 'shiny' 00-30 ecoflex I had left over from a repair job and give it a blast over with beads to see what happens. If I do I'll post before and after pics. :thumbs_up: :drinking:
She aint heavy, she's just rubber

Click the relevant thumbnail photos below to view the separate galleries for:
Mechadoll = Izzy/Silicone-Art = Yuuko & Aimi/ Anatomical doll B4 = Natasha, Zina & Julia

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

Well, I wouldnt say this is an easy problem to fix, but ive seen some people "stipple" a fresh coat of pigmented silicone all over the body, letting it cure, giving it a "pore' look or a "Matte" look as your wanting. thats just one way that i know of.
MM

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Yep wash with acetone and work quickly.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

samara78 wrote:Yep wash with acetone and work quickly.
Wash a doll w/ acetone to reduce shine?
If yes, can you elaborate or offer a link to a discussion elsewhere?

Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

INFORMATIONS