Starpery.com

Fembot Doll Creation

Got an idea? Need an invention?
mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Re: Fembot Doll Creation

Post by mannequin man »

why the fuck are my pictures sideways ?.....motherfucker this pisses me off !!!...lol..help ?

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

mannequin man wrote:why the fuck are my pictures sideways ?.....motherfucker this pisses me off !!!...lol..help ?
Don't feel bad man. Everything I have is sideways! :haha4: But you're already light years ahead of me by being able to post pictures in the first place. I'm such a loser that I can't even do that. :oops:
Maybe one of the experts here will chime in to help you out. :thumbs_up:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:
mannequin man wrote:why the fuck are my pictures sideways ?.....motherfucker this pisses me off !!!...lol..help ?
Don't feel bad man. Everything I have is sideways! :haha4: But you're already light years ahead of me by being able to post pictures in the first place. I'm such a loser that I can't even do that. :oops:
Hey bro, ..I know your just kiddin around, but dont call yourself a loser, even as a joke. Your NOT a loser at all man ! sorry, that word just hits a deep space with me because I was called a loser by my oldest son's mother, more than once. 25yrs. later, still hits a nerve. not preachin at ya my friend, but...its all good. actually, we all cant do it all perfect & pretty all the time ! any effort is better than none at all. even if you try your best & fail at some things, your a Winner for tryin !!!! :glou: ...Kapeesh ?
MM

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

Before you upload:
while the pics are on your computer, double click and open it.. You should have the option to edit. Crop the pics (you don't need to even crop much, just a hair). They'll upload straight now :thumbs_up:

Not sure if it's TDF's format or what, but if i don't do this is always get sideways pics

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

SynthetikReality95 wrote:
Before you upload:
while the pics are on your computer, double click and open it.. You should have the option to edit. Crop the pics (you don't need to even crop much, just a hair). They'll upload straight now :thumbs_up:

Not sure if it's TDF's format or what, but if i don't do this is always get sideways pics
Cool !...thnx man, appreciate it !

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

mannequin man wrote:
Stewie studmuffin wrote:
Hey bro, ..I know your just kiddin around, but dont call yourself a loser, even as a joke. Your NOT a loser at all man ! sorry, that word just hits a deep space with me because I was called a loser by my oldest son's mother, more than once. 25yrs. later, still hits a nerve. not preachin at ya my friend, but...its all good. actually, we all cant do it all perfect & pretty all the time ! any effort is better than none at all. even if you try your best & fail at some things, your a Winner for tryin !!!! :glou: ...Kapeesh ?
MM
Thanks for the kind words man. Being told that I'm not a loser is the nicest thing that anyone has said to me all day! :D But I'm not going to lie. I do feel kind of stupid for not knowing how to post pictures. I've tried and just can't figure it out. I'm going to start a thread in the "Help" section and see if someone can straighten me out. But you're right. The most that any of us can do is our best even if our best isn't all that great. I always say that "Half ass is better than no ass at all!" :D
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

symmes

Post by symmes »

It's because your images are stored on your phone "sideways," but marked as needing rotation in EXIF data, and that rotation request is being stripped or ignored somewhere along the way. I've found a couple of pages with slightly conflicting information on this issue:
As an experiment, I right-clicked one of your images (I'm running Firefox on Linux) and selected the "open link in new tab" option. This resulted in a new browser tab showing nothing but your image, and it was correctly rotated. Likewise when I saved the image to disk and opened it in a graphics viewer that honors the EXIF rotation request. Thus, I conclude that one of two things is happening:
  • Browsers (Firefox and, if it's different, whatever you are using) do not honor the rotation tag when the image is embedded in the forum thread page, but do when the image is displayed by itself; or
  • The forum software is stripping the EXIF rotation data (and maybe all EXIF data) when it delivers the image for inclusion in the full thread.
I suspect the former, since when I examined the page's HTML, I was able to view the images using a couple of variant URLs, and they both delivered an image that my browser rotated; no link that I could find in the HTML produced an image that Firefox did not rotate for me, when it was viewed by itself.

In any event, the best solution at the moment is to edit your images before you upload them. Precisely what you need to do might vary from one image editing program to another. I'd expect most of them to rotate to correct native orientation and eliminate the need for EXIF rotation with even a minor edit, but you may need to experiment to figure out what's needed. Note that reducing the resolution of the photo may be a worthwhile thing to do; unless you need readers to be able to open the full-resolution version, uploading that version just consumes bandwidth needlessly. (OTOH, resizing also takes some of your time, so it may be six of one, half a dozen of the other.)

Incidentally, stripping EXIF data before you upload it may be wise. That data can contain lots of potentially sensitive information. From examining your EXIF data to diagnose this issue, I now know what make and model phone you use, what your carrier is (or at least, what carrier was associated with the phone when you bought it), when you snapped the photo I examined, and more (mostly technical data about exposure, color balance settings, etc.). EXIF data can contain GPS information, too, but either you've disabled that feature or the forum software stripped it away. Here's a page that describes how to remove EXIF data from your photos:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-ways-to- ... t-want-to/

One of the methods mentioned there is an Android app, so you can do this even if you're using your phone to post to the forum. (I've never used the app described on that page, though, so I can't say how well it works or what it would do with the rotation issue.)

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

"symmes"...........Thanx man, that really helps me to understand whats goin on !!!!..Thank You ! :glou:
MM

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

ok,...next batch of silicone has a little more 'moisture' content to it, than the previous one. each sample i make, i am formulating my 'wet & squishy' blend into it, little by little to get it just rite ! this piece here came out a little rough, but the little potholes, etc. will be blended in. the nose bubble was my fault, i think i pulled some silicone out of the nose, while i was brushing and smoothing out the inside face. no big, just fill & blend in. after this, since this gets sent to a VERY good friend for testing, I reckon we'll see if it holds up. this was a fairly thick casting with 2-3 layers of silicone. going to flip it wrong side out & beef up the seem lines a little. the next one i make will be waaaaaaaay thinner to accommodate the animatronics..

MM
Attachments
20170129_185641.jpg
20170129_185641.jpg (947.44 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
20170129_185601.jpg
20170129_185601.jpg (891.34 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
20170129_185545.jpg
20170129_185545.jpg (858.58 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
20170129_185528.jpg
20170129_185528.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 3095 times
20170129_185508.jpg
20170129_185508.jpg (1009.02 KiB) Viewed 3095 times

KiltedCowboy

Post by KiltedCowboy »

A lot of the technology to bring a doll to "life" already exists. Although I do not see a marketable version of a interactive/A.I. doll anywhere in the near future it is entirely possible to do. Heck, I had to wait over 25 years to finally own a VR system (which is mind blowing BTW!). I can envision a motorized/animatronical doll performing pre-programed movements.

Just have to think outside the box!
美琳 (Měi Lín) Doll Sweet 158 with Nanase head.

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

Thanks again for sharing your talent and skill with us !!

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

mannequin man wrote:ok,...next batch of silicone has a little more 'moisture' content to it, than the previous one. each sample i make, i am formulating my 'wet & squishy' blend into it, little by little to get it just rite ! this piece here came out a little rough, but the little potholes, etc. will be blended in. the nose bubble was my fault, i think i pulled some silicone out of the nose, while i was brushing and smoothing out the inside face. no big, just fill & blend in. after this, since this gets sent to a VERY good friend for testing, I reckon we'll see if it holds up. this was a fairly thick casting with 2-3 layers of silicone. going to flip it wrong side out & beef up the seem lines a little. the next one i make will be waaaaaaaay thinner to accommodate the animatronics..

MM
MM, a quick question .. are you stippling or painting the Tincure Silicone mix on the mold or slushing the mix in the mold? I think your formula could be the right viscous to do this .. correct?

I intend to make a hollow head using your formula and slush mold like it is done with latex masks.

Thanks and great work !!

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

r363b wrote:
mannequin man wrote:ok,...next batch of silicone has a little more 'moisture' content to it, than the previous one. each sample i make, i am formulating my 'wet & squishy' blend into it, little by little to get it just rite ! this piece here came out a little rough, but the little potholes, etc. will be blended in. the nose bubble was my fault, i think i pulled some silicone out of the nose, while i was brushing and smoothing out the inside face. no big, just fill & blend in. after this, since this gets sent to a VERY good friend for testing, I reckon we'll see if it holds up. this was a fairly thick casting with 2-3 layers of silicone. going to flip it wrong side out & beef up the seem lines a little. the next one i make will be waaaaaaaay thinner to accommodate the animatronics..

MM
MM, a quick question .. are you stippling or painting the Tincure Silicone mix on the mold or slushing the mix in the mold? I think your formula could be the right viscous to do this .. correct?

I intend to make a hollow head using your formula and slush mold like it is done with latex masks.

Thanks and great work !!
r363b. hi. thnx for the compliments... well, 'this' blend here was brushed in actually because i intentionally made it a little thicker than my 'wet & squishy' formula. this blend here would be to thick to slush cast. what i did was with each mold half, i brushed it up to the seam line best i could, let that cure around 12hrs ? then with my altered nozzle ( refillable ) caulking tube & gun, i laid down a thick layer at the seam line, ..slapped the halves together, let that set up like 4 hrs ? then i went back in by hand & smeared more at the inside seam line. ( now i dont have to do that because i just invented a silicone tape strip of sorts, i can just push inside at the mold line & let cure. although i had gloves on, it was still a mess. said to myself, gotta be a better way of doing this ! now with the silicone tape strip, i can even utilize it in body assembly as well. I will show yuns here the tape strip, so ya know what i mean. the only down side to all this is curing time. but, im sure summer gets here, that will enhance speed of curing !

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

that will work for me .. I am making only the skull, so the painting of 'wet & squishy' mix should be less messy on my project with a longer handle brush/applicator . The "silicone tape invention" sounds great.
Thx again.

INFORMATIONS