Starpery.com

Internal Skeleton for Dolls made out of Foam sheets.

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Harkonisan
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Internal Skeleton for Dolls made out of Foam sheets.

Post by Harkonisan »

Hello All,

I hope you all are doing well. I apologize for not being around lately. Admittedly I'm not on here much as I spend a lot of time in the Lab being creative. I basically make my own Dolls out of sheets of carved foam but am in hopes of purchasing a TPE Doll in the near future so that I may use her body as a template for alternative body sizes and shapes. I spend much of my time experimenting with new skeleton designs for the most part in hopes of making an inexpensive alternative internal skeleton for those who make their own dolls out of Foam sheets like I do. The design is of a PVC type construction and is at this point fully articulated and it's design is in such a way that the joints can be tightened and or loosened to the end users content. I am very close to the end result for the internal skeleton. I may even consider selling kits to those who may be interested once I have it perfected. Keep in mind that this skeleton is strictly designed for Foam style Dolls as it will not support anything heavy like a silicone or Tpe Doll. My current Foam doll that stands a full 5 foot eight inches tall weighs in at just 14 LBS which includes the internal skeleton and is sturdy enough to withstand vigorous use. That being said, I hope to have something to show very soon. Time will tell. lol PS: The pic attached does not do the doll-body justice as the body-suit is not the correct color I ordered. The proper one will be here soon and I will take new pics of the final result. All the joints work properly and the hands and feet are also properly boned with no chance of poke through do to a proper design. We have to keep in mind that Foam material is also more resistant and forgiving than Tpe and silicone and takes a lot of effort to damage it. I also find that Foam is also very easy to repair and or modify if one has skills in shaping Foam. Not to mention, it's also very light and easy to move around. LoL

Have fun.

Joe.
Attachments
Bodysuit.jpg
Bodysuit.jpg (858.78 KiB) Viewed 1800 times

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: Internal Skeleton for Dolls made out of Foam sheets.

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks for posting.
I'm very interested in seeing how you make the dolls.

If you want a doll model, why not buy a mannequin?
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Harkonisan
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Harkonisan »

I am working on a new Doll project. This topic I have included is of the old one. I will post on the new project with pics very soon.

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=64183

Hand Banana
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Hand Banana »

You're doing an amazing job. Between your efforts and the ex-lite I would expect to see doll weights come down in the next generation or so.

Harkonisan
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Harkonisan »

New Pics on progress for the newest Foam/Doll Project. Seems to be coming along fairly well. New Internal Skeleton installed and tested. All Joints (Wrist, elbows, knees, shoulders, neck, back and ankles) tested and all fingers and toes boned and tested for flexibility. Lady plumbing installed and positioned appropriately. Still lacking a head as funds to purchase one are not available at this time. Pics Coming.

Harkonisan
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Harkonisan »

Pics for current foam doll project. Doll is yet un-named until completed.
Attachments
Bed 2.jpg
Bed 2.jpg (277.69 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
Bed 1.jpg
Bed 1.jpg (293.56 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
Dressed Front 1.jpg
Dressed Front 1.jpg (479.65 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
Dressed Back 1.jpg
Dressed Back 1.jpg (493.7 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
Bikini 2.jpg
Bikini 2.jpg (439.73 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
Bikini 1.jpg
Bikini 1.jpg (392.26 KiB) Viewed 1630 times

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

That looks extremely well.
*Takes off hat and bows.*
Great stuff :thumbs_up:
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

INFORMATIONS