Starpery.com

Customizing your doll

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Garvdart1977

Customizing your doll

Post by Garvdart1977 »

i do not own a doll, yet something tells me many would be interested, especially photographer's​, making you doll smile or wink, a eye with a eyelid tpe cover sliced super thin could be a closed eye look , looking into and trying or a mouth insert for expressions. A wire based mouth insert could be used too create a mouth that can be molded too the person's preference is a light smirk or going wide for a lick around we have fake tongues...just researching and thinking.

Garvdart1977

Re: Customizing your doll

Post by Garvdart1977 »

Let me know what you think.

Starquake

Post by Starquake »

Yes - quite amazed they're not available already

VonRubber and MannequinFan make some great teeth, tongue, eyes, and eyelid accessories, if you've not seen them

To change the expression further I have been moving the face around on the skull and placing handmade formers between the skull and the face.

Would love it if a manufacturer would start making dolls designed to have different sets of teeth n tongues so we can set them up with a toothy smiley look or a closed mouth or anything inbetween and a set of formers or shapers to place between the skull and the tpe to change the face shape and expression.
Odd thing is they're looking beyond the simple stuff here and only seem interested in making complicated animatronics and ai integration.

Romulus

Post by Romulus »

I make teeth out of polymer clay. Can't really change the expression, but holds the mouth open slightly and gives a nice effect. Also allows the mouth to dry out preventing mold.

I will not be selling them because the teeth are custom designed for each doll and usually takes a few tries to get it right.
My home-made OOAK plush doll gallery
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13765

Garvdart1977

Post by Garvdart1977 »

Was wondering if it would be safe on tpe because as far as cosplay doll modifications this could be a great idea from molds too applying "prosthetic elf ears " mostly photography related and makeup can be applied
Hopefully someone can help me and if it's safe then amazing
Flesh-colored wax can be adhered with spirit gum, and set for painting with Flexible Wax Sealer

Ingredients
Microcrystalline Wax, Petrolatum, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben. May Contain: Hydroxylated Lanolin, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891,) Iron Oxides (CI 77499, 77491, 77492,) Red 6 Lake (CI 15850,) Red 7 Lake (CI 15850,) Ultramarines (CI 77007,) Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288
Attachments
61NbTD6GgAL._SL1200_.jpg
61NbTD6GgAL._SL1200_.jpg (117.73 KiB) Viewed 1664 times

INFORMATIONS