Starpery.com

Looking for guidence on hanging my YD148. Making holes?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Gundam
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Looking for guidence on hanging my YD148. Making holes?

Post by Gundam »

I want to store her in a small closet and was thinking of making slits in her back to allow a U-hook to be inserted under her shoulders.

Any recommendations are very appreciated.
Attachments
h-hook.jpg
h-hook.jpg (42.74 KiB) Viewed 1775 times

trauma
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Looking for guidence on hanging my YD148. Making holes?

Post by trauma »

So you’re going to slice open the TPE and hang the YL148 from its skeleton right?

Theres gotta be a better way...

Gundam
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gundam »

trauma wrote:So you’re going to slice open the TPE and hang the YL148 from its skeleton right?

Theres gotta be a better way...
I suppose this looks better, but I have limited tome to get this ready (I am going to be away from home for 5 months and leave Sunday)
Attachments
hangingkit-man.png
hangingkit-man.png (606.29 KiB) Viewed 1762 times

trauma
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by trauma »

I guess if you do do it the way you proposed you could always repair the TPE at a later date.

If you use the hardware/hook you posted be sure to screw into a stud.

Maybe a U.S. distributor like RLSD has that hanging kit stateside so you could get it before Sunday.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I can't recommend hanging tpe dolls with a gooseneck system
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi, is there no way you can have your doll sit in the closet? My YL148 happily sits in my wardrobe on a shelf with her legs out at 45 degrees. I have her sitting on a pillow and she also has a pillow behind her back. When she is not sitting on my bed she sits in the wardrobe and so far seems fine like that. I'm sure you would regret cutting into the tpe on your gals back, it can't be good and would be a way of water getting in when you washed her.

Gundam
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gundam »

samara78 wrote:I can't recommend hanging tpe dolls with a gooseneck system
Arthur1960 wrote:Hi, is there no way you can have your doll sit in the closet? My YL148 happily sits in my wardrobe on a shelf with her legs out at 45 degrees. I have her sitting on a pillow and she also has a pillow behind her back. When she is not sitting on my bed she sits in the wardrobe and so far seems fine like that. I'm sure you would regret cutting into the tpe on your gals back, it can't be good and would be a way of water getting in when you washed her.
Sounds like a plan. I will try having her sit as you do Arthur.

Samara78, I very much appreciate your reply and your experience.

Live Long & Prosper all!
Attachments
LiveLong&Prosper.jpg
LiveLong&Prosper.jpg (619.52 KiB) Viewed 1700 times

Nord
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nord »

Arthur1960 wrote:Hi, is there no way you can have your doll sit in the closet? My YL148 happily sits in my wardrobe on a shelf with her legs out at 45 degrees. I have her sitting on a pillow and she also has a pillow behind her back. When she is not sitting on my bed she sits in the wardrobe and so far seems fine like that. I'm sure you would regret cutting into the tpe on your gals back, it can't be good and would be a way of water getting in when you washed her.
Gundam wrote: Sounds like a plan. I will try having her sit as you do Arthur.
NOT recommended! If the material is folded/stretched like that for too much/long it will develop creases where the legs bend, and that's very hard to repair with tpe-glue. The doll should always be stored in a natural straight position (with legs slightly bent apart, just enough to vent cavities), the way it was molded. This is also why we put extra vaseline/Nivea Cream on these busy areas of the doll (any area that often bends) when performing the oil-treatment, as it is supposed to make the material slightly more durable for stretching.

The effect might variate a bit with different manufacturers blends of TPE, and the overall design of the doll, but it's a very unnecessary risk. I used to have my doll sitting in the sofa when not in use for a period of time (about a month), and that was enough to eventually develop some creases between the legs and groin :( This was however just about 5 months after purchase, and before oil-treatment became a thing, so she might've been a bit dry at that time. However, I've seen many other examples of this around here as well, so it's quite a regular problem, at least for TPE-dolls.
Aio - Sanhui 160cm AIO "Nonoka"
Rei - WM 140cm D-cup #39 & #53
Nymph - DH168 80cm "Shiori"
Ku - DS Ex Lite 163cm "Kayla"
Elva & Alva - 6Ye 65cm #M5 "Mina"

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

When I described the way my gals sit when they are not out and about I should have elaborated a bit more. First point to make is that they don't spend weeks at a time like that, it's more like a few days and their legs are not strictly at 45 degrees as they both sit on a pillow on a shelf and whilst their legs are out straight I angle them down as much as possible to reduce the amount of bend. Of course having them lay flat with no stress anywhere is the ideal but it's not always possible to do that if you have more than 1 tpe gal in your life, as I do. I pay attention to the areas that have any pressure and of course they get the baby oil and Vaseline treatment. Often they are sitting about the house and Sarah has been like this for nearly a year and I'm pleased to say that her butt is still like a peach and I haven't, as yet, detected any problems having them like that. I can see how there would be compression marks etc if they were left for weeks at a time in the same position but my gals have busy lives as my models and so are often required for a photo shoot and have to look their best! In a nutshell my advice would be, don't leave a tpe gal in the same position for long lengths of time and keep up the baby oil and Vaseline! And, of course, enjoy them and have fun!

INFORMATIONS