Starpery.com

3d print files for download...Turbo Tampon orifice dryer!

Got an idea? Need an invention?
MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

3d print files for download...Turbo Tampon orifice dryer!

Post by MannequinFan »

Or as my friend Starquake calls it, "The Super Douche". :lol:
(not to be confused with the guy I used to work for)

Just hook it up to your aquarium air pump to speed dry those crevices. :razz:
This is an idea suggested to me by TDF member Starquake so I made a prototype for him.
Hopefully he can chime in and give us a report on how its working and some tips for use.
IMG_4379.JPG
IMG_4379.JPG (446.27 KiB) Viewed 7253 times
How it works...
Air is pumped in close to the end of the unit by means of an internal aluminum tube and flows out through the fins to dry the TPE.
Cover with something like a reinforced paper towel or organza fabric to protect TPE when inserting and removing.
Here I used a pencil to stuff the paper towel in the end so it won't slide off...
IMG_4380.JPG
IMG_4380.JPG (488.9 KiB) Viewed 7253 times
4 printed parts - just first glue the two halves together with the center coupling, then glue either the barbed connector or another coupling on the end of the aluminum tube and insert the tube in through the center coupling and glue the end in place. Standard air line will fit on the tubing itself without the barbed connector so you could just use a coupling instead and leave about 3/4" to 1" of tubing exposed to attach the air line.
The tubing can be found at hobby/craft stores like Hobby Lobby.
http://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbie ... 32/p/21778
turbo tampon parts.jpg
turbo tampon parts.jpg (209.66 KiB) Viewed 7253 times
Here are the print files (.stl) for those that have or have access to a 3d printer.
After download, just change the .pdf extension to .zip and extract the files.
orifice dryer1.pdf
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 217 times
orifice dryer2.pdf
(1.24 MiB) Downloaded 186 times
couplings.pdf
(74.04 KiB) Downloaded 188 times

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: 3d print files for download...Turbo Tampon orifice dryer

Post by MannequinFan »

Here's the print time and material used printed at .20mm layer height with the most solid infill setting on my printer.
If the couplings are too tight on the tubing they can be reamed out a little with a 5/32" drill before assembly.
The parts should be printed standing vertical as shown...
Attachments
time-material.jpg
time-material.jpg (303.91 KiB) Viewed 7215 times

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

I knew when I saw your name on it it had to be good. :thumbs_up:

Procrasturbate
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Procrasturbate »

msg me where you start printing these.
shut_up_and_take_my_money-t2.jpg
shut_up_and_take_my_money-t2.jpg (54.02 KiB) Viewed 7206 times

Starquake

Post by Starquake »

This tool has transformed my cleaning routine - thank you MannequinFan :thumbs_up: :glou:

It can't be used as originally intended tho so there's some scope for improvement for you guys with 3d printers :)

The original plan was to be able to connect a big syringe to the airline tubing to squirt liquid in any orrifice, like a douche, then attach an aquarium pump to the airline tubing to dry the area.

My prototype tool from MF needs wrapping in something to protect the tpe from the rough print surface, like stockinette or organza fabric. It works perfectly as a drying tool but the fabric is a hinderance to the liquid flow out, and needs some extra rinsing to get the job done. So if you print to a higher density fill and sand it back to a smooth finish I'd say you could use it as planned without the fabric (I'm no print expert tho)

My cleanup routine with the super douche or turbo tampon :mrgreen: is .....
Take a dried out wet wipe and dip it in 3% peroxide
Wrap the tool in the wet wipe, insert in the orrifice to be cleaned and wipe around.
Repeat the cleaning procedure with a another wipe, and dispose of the wipes.
Cover the tool with stockinette, reinsert, and switch on the air pump to start the drying process.
Take out some more wet wipes to dry (for next time) and walk away 8)

That's it - genuinely, a 2 min job to clean 2 orrifices (with 2 tools and a dual airline pump) :thumbs_up:

I should say - don't use a paper towel (as pictured above :) ) that's not a good idea (sorry m8 :whistle: )
It'll work but you'll end up with paper towel stuck to the tpe, sucking the oils out ... n stuff.... so it'll need rinsing and drying again. Similarly wet wipes leave fibres behind when left on during the drying phase, so don't do that either :)

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey Starquake thanks so much for the update and tips for use! :thumbs_up:
I was a little reticent at first to post this because of the possible damage that could occur if used improperly, so thanks for clarifying all those issues.

One thing that could be done as an addition to printing at a finer layer height would be to apply a thick coating such as Krylon triple thick glaze or something like Smooth-on's XTC-3d epoxy coating to fill in and smooth the layering. Sanding could be done but it would be pretty tedious and time consuming to sand all those fins.
https://www.smooth-on.com/product-line/xtc-3d/
http://www.krylon.com/products/tripleth ... ear-glaze/

Perhaps a different type of attachment would be better and safer for the cleaning end of the process.
If anyone has ideas on making this better please feel free to post ideas and even print files if you come up with something.

Thanks everyone!

craig22835
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by craig22835 »

If you print in ABS you could assemble the main part but don't connect the barbed part yet. Then do the acetone vapor mist as a way to smooth everything and get rid of sharp edges. You don't want the barbed part to be smooth so you attach that last.
An example of vapor smoothing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv-CbnB8Uz4

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

Yeah as soon as I can get my nozzle unclogged, this is the first thing I print.
TRY MY SEX SOUND APP WITH YOUR DOLL!

http://dullahanprojects.com/plaisonar/

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

App Discussion: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey Craig thanks! Yes that's a definite possibility.
I would recommend a different method though that is much safer than heating the acetone.
I use a variation of this method for my eyeball smoothing. It takes a little longer but works just as well.
It's also much easier to control the amount of smoothness by varying the time, but I found that 40 minutes is spot on as long as the container is properly sized for the part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvCEnA0NEG4

You can also use acetone safe plastic containers (i.e. Ziplock, etc.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2lm6FuaAWI

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Alright, with the help of members Starquake and CrashTW, TT V2 is here! :D
IMG_4398.JPG
IMG_4398.JPG (919.22 KiB) Viewed 6890 times
IMG_4399.JPG
IMG_4399.JPG (930.56 KiB) Viewed 6890 times
TT2.jpg
TT2.jpg (469.44 KiB) Viewed 6890 times
Improvements
1. Slightly smaller diameter for easier insertion.
2. 8 fin "asterisk" shaped profile safer for insertion without cloth cover.
3. Fewer fins for easier sanding/polishing.
4. Outlet holes at end of unit instead of open tube. Gives "shower head" effect for cleaning.
5. Added handle with dual inlets for mixing water/air or for attaching both air lines from a dual outlet air pump.

Member Starquake is still testing this for cleaning, but here is a little test I did using a turkey baster to inject water...
https://youtu.be/IHsmXNRWs9U

As before, I'll let member Starquake chime in when he gets a chance to give his review on the performance and tips for best use.

Starquake

Post by Starquake »

Thank you again MannequinFan - I now have a tool that works as I originally envisaged, a single tool you can use as a douche and dryer by connecting a syringe and/or an aquarium pump :glou:
I can sit her on the potty, squirt a few syringes up, switch on the airpump, and go about my day :thumbs_up:

The new showerhead holes are working well with my 100ml syringe and some backstop valves, giving 5 good jets of water coming out in different directions like you'd expect from a standard douche.

The new smooth finish is lovely :thumbs_up: it slips in and out easily with no risk of damage to the tpe material when the tpe is wet but is quite sticky when the orrifice is dry so I'd still recommend covering the tool in stockinette or something like that for the drying process. I think a smear of vaseline would work too so long as you don't plan on leaving the tool in long enough for the tpe to absorb it all.

So my new cleaning routine is to sit the doll on the potty, insert the TTSD V2.0, squirt in a few syringes of soapy water followed by a few syringes of plain water to rinse, take the tool out, wrap it in a wet wipe dipped in 3% peroxide which I wipe around the openings, then cover the tools with stockinette material bags, reinsert, switch on the air pump and leave it to dry.
Or just wrapping the tool in wet wipes to clean out the openings with peroxide, then covering the tools with stockinette and switching on the air pump.

For the future
I'm not convinced we need 2 inlet holes tbqh as it's not a big deal disconnecting the air pump to connect the syringe to the same 4mm tubing for both the cleaning and drying phases. And there's no need for any backstop valves then.
You should be able to get the same flow and pressure with less showerhead holes.

LJ69
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by LJ69 »

Very interesting. Will re-read when time permits as I am interested in buying one of these.

Mr_Phelps
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mr_Phelps »

I don't see the files for the improved version. Are you going to post them? I have a Prusa Mk2 and print in ABS quite often.

I also have some XTC epoxy that I have not tried on a printed part yet. This looks like something that could easily be printed in one of the newer PLA materials a bit easier.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Thanks guys for your interest!
After reviewing Starquake's comments I think this will require 1 more iteration.
I can post the print files for TT2 if you really want them, but I think I can make this a little better.

I'm thinking of using a slightly larger internal tube (7/32" instead of 5/32") to get more water volume for cleaning.
https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbi ... 32/p/21618

Also, instead of having the two tubes sticking out, I'm going to take a look at a quick connect option in the handle for connecting either water or air into one hole in the handle. I think something with an o-ring will work.
This would allow using 1/4" I.D. water line for cleaning or the smaller aquarium pump tubing for drying.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-3- ... /207144353

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Alright, here's the idea for TT3.
Different plugs can be made with different connector types glued in, so you can have one plug for the syringe and another for the air pump.
Just pull one out and put the other in.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/BrassCraft-1-4 ... g/50359468
TT3 Handle.jpg
TT3 Handle.jpg (184.13 KiB) Viewed 6687 times

INFORMATIONS