Starpery.com

*A doll that follows your eyes*

Got an idea? Need an invention?
ZebramDollImmortal
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

*A doll that follows your eyes*

Post by ZebramDollImmortal »

A doll that has blinking eyes, that when you look at her she follows your gaze, same with her neck moment and she smiles. so, you look at her eyes and she follows your eyes and turns her head next to you when you close to her. That would be super adorable so instead of her just siting there looking stupid at nothing she will have the option, to lock her gaze on the tv or look at you. She would still be silent and smiles would be cool, even if she don't talk or anything its be more realistic and kind of comforting. you could play eskimo kisses with her. So what do you think? it make her more alive and fun to have around? if you have a visitor then can kind of creep watch them.

so she will be kind of semi alive, it be kind of cool really,
Celeste JY 140cm Image
Please Read my post at the bottom TY
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=94678&p=1233777#p1233777

fxrs789

Re: *A doll that follows your eyes*

Post by fxrs789 »

Moving eyes and not much else would seem a little creepy to me. Maybe I watched too many "Haunted Doll" movies.... I'm good with my 100% static doll- actually that is part of the appeal for me. Until they make a doll that can go to work and support my happy ass...I'm good with my inanimate girl. Of course I only speak for myself.....whatever gets you through the night!
Of all the things I've lost.....I miss my mind the most...

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

This sounds a lot like what RealDoll is going for with their Harmony prototype.
I remember seeing a video a while back where Matt and another person were having a conversation in front of Harmony and she was constantly shifting her focus to the person who was speaking.
So not only is this feasible, but could be available VERY soon. :D
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

ZebramDollImmortal
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZebramDollImmortal »

Well, I know about harmony 2.0, but What I am talking about is Eyes, next, and maybe mouth and no AI just kind of like she is a silent chliaxer by your side who keeps her mouth shut and smiles, here and there. Something more cost friendly to for those of us that can't afford 14k harmony.
Celeste JY 140cm Image
Please Read my post at the bottom TY
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=94678&p=1233777#p1233777

OCTATOK
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by OCTATOK »

I tried to end a fish with a subpar knife once, the blade snapped off inside him. It tracked me with its bulbous eye as I searched for a tool with which to end him rightly.

Not an experience I wish to emulate.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

OCTATOK wrote:I tried to end a fish with a subpar knife once, the blade snapped off inside him. It tracked me with its bulbous eye as I searched for a tool with which to end him rightly.

I'm sorry...but the way you worded that was utterly brilliant. I'm still laughing.

MarcinNJ
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by MarcinNJ »

Eyes following you...
Sounds like you need a tracking tech like gaming consoles have.

Right now, gaming consoles are having issues with it because it tracks your movements in 3D as part of the console, and presumably saves that data on the gaming company's drives so they can use it for ???

But the tech exists to track a person's movement.
Add that to an electronic system which uses a set of reducer gears and systems to reduce the "full scale" movements to the micro-adjustments needed to re-point the doll's eyes...

For the properly trained engineer, that should be simple, but would need the major surgery of opening the doll's head, carving out a hollow for the mechanisms and installing the works with the added access to the battery pack.

As for smiling,
First, you need a trigger to cause the smile.
Then, you need to rebuild the head entirely.
You need to separate the mandible from the head,
then separate the surface 1/2 inch of the entire face from the head,
then you need to run "power wires", "pull and guide wires" and servos(actuators) under the entire face, with logic wires running to a CPU chip board/power supply.
then, you need to shave off the surfaces of the mandible and run "power wires", "pull and guide wires" and servos(actuators) under that too,
Then, connect up the mandible to the head by actuators

and, finally....the hard part....
Program the servos and actuators to manipulate each part of the doll's face until it smiles in a natural-appearing way.

After that, you must also program in a trigger (IE: reason for the doll to smile)

Jamielin

Post by Jamielin »

That sounds really creepy. I dont want my doll randomly saying weird stuff to me either

realmilker
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by realmilker »

IR cameras are responsible for most tracking. I love this idea and agree that it should be fairly easy to implement given today's tech.

Robert01
Inactive
Inactive

Post by Robert01 »

Really cool ideas floating around here :)
I just joined this forum today to pick up on new ideas and get inspiration in general.
I'm always looking for feasible and cost efficient AI concepts.
Designer and Manufacturer of Textile Sexdolls

maddmatter70
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by maddmatter70 »

OCTATOK wrote:I tried to end a fish with a subpar knife once, the blade snapped off inside him. It tracked me with its bulbous eye as I searched for a tool with which to end him rightly.

this is well worded!

Teppo
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Teppo »

Thanks for bringing up this subject. So much of the news coverage of robots has been cognitive -- trying to get a doll to understand your words and speak back. Somatic intelligence is being ignored. A doll that can connect through its eyes, mirror back facial expressions, hug back, etc.

Robert01
Inactive
Inactive

Post by Robert01 »

I think it's better to think in stages. Maybe first having a doll that can be sexually interactive, and then move on to more social behavior...
Designer and Manufacturer of Textile Sexdolls

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Jamielin wrote:That sounds really creepy. I dont want my doll randomly saying weird stuff to me either
I'm sure that "Where do you keep the knives" and "Isn't it past your bed time" was just a coincidence.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Sorven
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Sorven »

From an engineering perspective, any product or invention that deals with interacting with humans is quite complicated. You need numerous safety measures put in place that can confidently deal with ANY situation. I'd love having my doll hug back for example but does that function only work when she standing? Sitting? In bed laying down? How much pressure should she squeeze with? What if people with multiple body types try to hug her?

I think some features especially the eye tracking could be done but it won't be very common except for at the highest price ranges because of how difficult it is while being safe. Though if you're an amateur tinkerer yourself, you could probably get something basic to work and at your own risk.

INFORMATIONS