https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

16" ball jointed dolls..... input needed please.

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

rentell wrote:And the anticipated flood of qouestions.....

I have been looking to buy little outfits for my dolls ..... and as you may have guessed these will be Robert Tonner dolls, the Tyler Wentworth models.

Now there is a lot of clothing out there and a lot of 16" dolls! so what are the differences to watch out for.
I have noted that Ellowyne shoes will not fit Tyler and there would appear to be different bust sizes :? :? as well.
So if anyone could give a link to somewhere describing the differences between the 16" doll that Tonner make it would very helpful.

Also will 16" doll clothes from other dolls fit, Barbies for instance?

And finally .... what scale are the 16" dolls,
I am looking into furniture and other props, I have tried various searches with little or no success, I know its out there as I have seen other collectors with some amazing furniture.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Most furniture sold does NOT fit the 16" dolls- Barbie stuff is way too small!!!

Almost all of the furniture I have has been hand made by me or somebody else. That is part of the fun with these dolls, you really have a chance to use your creativity. I think the 16" dolls are referred to as 1/3 size, but Bronwen would probably be able to confirm that for us.

Bronwen
Ex-Member

Post by Bronwen »

The sizing of 16" dolls is a challenge. There are many types so be watchful when you're ordering things you cannot return.

American Girl and similar dolls are 16". They are fat and pudgy with the proportions of a 2-year old so nothing they wear will even remotely fit a 16" fashion doll. They do have some wonderful furniture and accessories though. My dolls have a lot of American Girl stuff for their "living environments".

MSD (Mini Super Dollfie) Dolls are also 16" tall. They are 1/4 scale and mostly have the proportions of children 10 - 16 years old. The proportions will differ by brand. The slimmer bodies with larger breasts are considered the more mature MSDs and those include the MiniFee, Narae and Unoa dolls. The 60cm, or about 23" Dollfies (SDs or Super Dollfies) are 1/3 scale.

16" fashion dolls are another scale again. Their heads are about half the size of MSDs' and their body types are exaggerated like fashion drawings. At human scale they would not be in proportion because the legs are too long and skinny and the waists too small. So the 16" fashion dolls are not actually scale representations like the MSDs are. That said, some of the furnishings and other goodies (vases, pictures) suitable for all types of 16" dolls do work, but small accessories like cameras, phones & musical instruments may be too big. Unfortunately the clothing, especially shoes, are hit and miss. eBay is probably going to be your best bet if you don't like the fashion doll clothing from Dollmore.

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

rentell wrote:And finally .... what scale are the 16" dolls
Although it is not likely to help with obtaining furniture, as Stacy points out, assuming the real woman is 5 ft 4 inches tall (64 inches), a 16 inch doll is quarter scale. (16 * 4 = 64.) (I have just seen the previous post by Bronwen. The height is quarter scale, but not other dimensions, it seems.)

Sydney Chase, a variant of the Tyler Wentworth type (made by Tonner), is my absolute fave fashion doll. Here is mine:
Bunny Girl

I assumed clothes for these dolls would be less expensive than for a real person! Wrong...

I notice in Bella Repaints (thanks Rentell), Shae is a repaint of Sydney Chase:
http://www.bellarepaints.com/Shae.htm

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

Mechwizard
Thanks for that info .... another thing learnt ....
quote;Tonners can have two types of feet - arched to fit high heels and normal for flat shoes.

stacy718

Looks like I will have to look into making furniture and props, judging by the prices on ebay and doll shops it could be a goods way of making some £££$$$.
And we all need some of that!

Bronwen

As ever an inexhaustible supply of info on dolls

Quote;
16" fashion dolls are another scale again. Their heads are about half the size of MSDs' and their body types are exaggerated like fashion drawings. At human scale they would not be in proportion because the legs are too long and skinny and the waists too small. So the 16" fashion dolls are not actually scale representations like the MSDs are. That said, some of the furnishings and other goodies (vases, pictures) suitable for all types of 16" dolls do work, but small accessories like cameras, phones & musical instruments may be too big. Unfortunately the clothing, especially shoes, are hit and miss. eBay is probably going to be your best bet if you don't like the fashion doll clothing from Dollmore

Thanks for that...

As you have probably guessed by now these dolls are to fill the picture taking void of the big dolls so need to be "real looking".
I'm afraid I cannot get on with the exaggerated eyes, not my cup of tea.

Thanks for all of your help everyone.

Hi Everhard

Glad you chimed in.
Was not sure of your make of doll... its a Tonner... just like mine.

I remember you gettihng her and how impressed you where by her and you right, in some cases the clothes are more expensive than full size items!

Women are expensive to maintain and dolls even more so..... but you've got to love them..!

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

AAAAAAnnnnndddddd a big fanfare and roll of drums....
She's arrived.

My new little model, a R.Tonner doll now called Bree..... well what else could you call a redhead. :D l

Thanks for your help everyone and heres the obligatory arrival first photo....

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

Remember the one at the beginning of this thread, the one with the big brown eyes and little brunette bob....?

Well shes arrived at last all the way from the USA at vast expense, this is the lovely repaint that started my whole interest off ..... and now she's all mine :twisted:

repaint by Lyne Blakely ,RavenDollz.

Just need doll#3 to arrive now :D

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

Wow! they look great my friend :D 8)
 Click to go to Coverdoll

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

It's a whole new world--in miniature...

jsan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jsan »

stacy718 wrote:
rentell wrote:A Mei Li repaint with dark brown eyes , delicate eyeshadow, natural lips and a light blushing on the cheeks to accentuate the upward slant of the eye please.....

and dressed in a Qi Pao or anything gossamer or maybe even leather/vinyl.

And big grumpy old man hug..... :lol:

Last Wednesday, I received a Basic Mei Lei for a repaint!!!!!!!!!!! I was going to keep her for myself, but I will do her for you.

You are so adorable!
did you ever do that mei li repaint?

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

Patience...... wait and see :wink:

What is
time
but
a
blink
of
an
eyelid

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

I completed this gallery today; in an afternoon and evening. That is, I took the photos and 'processed' them (crop, rotate, resize, and so on), created the HTML pages and the gallery, and added it to the index and 'what's new' pages. You could not take that many varied photos in that time with a life-size doll.
Sindy's House

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

Some great photos there Everhard and as you say there a lot easier to pose and take pics with.

And I have just found Repaints by Adrian, have a look and be astounded :!: :!:

facesbyadrian.com

A sample..... Wow

DenzoPila
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: 16

Post by DenzoPila »

Great faces!

INFORMATIONS