https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

16" ball jointed dolls..... input needed please.

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

No problem tchon, I hope you get the answer :)

Thanks for pulling me back to this thread ..... and I have bought two dolls so far, but I will keep their makes schtum for now!

Hope everyone enjoyed the festive festivities and lets hope for a brighter, lighter New Year....

And thanks to all you lovely doll lunatics out there for all the help :)

Griffonfeathers;
Thank you Wendy , you have sent me into a fascinating doll world .The photography is top notch and I am really looking forward to starting a shoot with mine.

Bronwen;

And thanks to you too, , again some fascinating dolls , I can see the attraction.
And I can also understand the need to collect them as well, some stunning face paints on these dolls.
The goth ones remind me of those pale faced tiny miniatures artists used to make years back.
Tiny portraits. those artists where also amazing with their detail work.

Thank you Kharn and Bianca, perhaps there is a place for BJD's here, lets see the reaction .... :)
Maybe this thread will give Stacy a poke with a sharp stick to show us some of her photographic pleasures on some of her 80 ... 8O ... Tonner dolls!!!!!

Patricia;

BJD's are definitely nice, theres a few others around the forum I know of to.

And Stacy..... I have been sent stumbling through hundreds of pages of the most amazing collections of dolls, all beautifully photographed !

And your quote " And for a REALLY cheap BJD there is Delilah from Ashton Drake." :D .

It never works does it , the real gems are always the most expensive and you can see why....

Well I have made a choice and have started down the very very slippery slope of another form of doll ownership and collecting, now back to ebay..... :idea: now I saw a nice pair of boots there that will go that outfit I have my eye on.....

So thanks to all of you for chipping in , now its down to waiting for the postman to arrive.........

Happy New Year to y'all

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

Rentell

I have a Tonner 17" doll. She's a limited Ed one of 300 Elvira Mistress of the Dark, and that's mostly why I bought her. As a posable doll a Tonner's joints have less range of movement than a RD. Being hard vinyl they only have the flexibility of their external joints.

Elvira uses the Deanna Denton BW, bend wrist, body, with a custom head that includes hair eyelashes. The Denton bodies are articulated in the upper torso so they can rock their shoulders and also have articulated ankles which not all Tonners have. They are more voluptuous and the regular 16" outfits don't fit them. The Denton type bodies are probably the most posable but even they don't get near a RD or some of the resin BJDs. They also have no waist movement. Generally, the worse a BJD looks naked, the better it will articulate, and Tonners don't look bad out of their clothes. But then they don't have as much movement.

However they can stand on their own even in heels. The outfits, including stockings, are made with amazing detail, but cost as much as full sized clothing, often more 8O . If you get one, buy one that is dressed or you can pay as much again just for an outfit. Barbie clothes don't fit.

Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

Hi Rentell,

Of all the Tonner dolls, Antoinette is BY FAR the best poser. She is the most articulated of all the Tonner dolls and even her hands remove for easier dressing! I have been repainting dolls lately on the weekends and I am getting really very good!!!! I will be selling them on eBay soon enough! I am so glad you like the 16" fashion dolls. They are fucking awesome and Tonner is still my favorite small doll brand.

little doll hugs,
Stacy

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

[quote="Mechwizard"] She's a limited Ed one of 300 Elvira Mistress of the Dark.

As a poseable doll a Tonner's joints have less range of movement than a RD. Being hard vinyl they only have the flexibility of their external joints.

The outfits, including stockings, are made with amazing detail, but cost as much as full sized clothing, often more 8O . If you get one, buy one that is dressed or you can pay as much again just for an outfit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for that Mechwizard, I had toyed with the idea of an Elvira figuratively speaking!

And then they may not have the flex of an RD but they cost a fraction of an RD :lol:

And I am beginning to find out just how expensive they are to clothe!

Stacy.........

You really are a little rascal.
You pull me in and get me interested in little dolls and now your going to force me into buying a repaint or three from you.
Are you trying to bankrupt me ! :!:

A Mei Li repaint with dark brown eyes , delicate eyeshadow, natural lips and a light blushing on the cheeks to accentuate the upward slant of the eye please.....

and dressed in a Qi Pao or anything gossamer or maybe even leather/vinyl.

And big grumpy old man hug..... :lol:

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

rentell wrote:A Mei Li repaint with dark brown eyes , delicate eyeshadow, natural lips and a light blushing on the cheeks to accentuate the upward slant of the eye please.....

and dressed in a Qi Pao or anything gossamer or maybe even leather/vinyl.

And big grumpy old man hug..... :lol:

Last Wednesday, I received a Basic Mei Lei for a repaint!!!!!!!!!!! I was going to keep her for myself, but I will do her for you.

You are so adorable!

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

[quote="stacy718

Last Wednesday, I received a Basic Mei Lei for a repaint!!!!!!!!!!! I was going to keep her for myself, but I will do her for you. [/quote]

Are you seriously serious !!!!! 8O

TO MUCH

But there is two stipulations, she must be accompanied by a photo done and signed by yerself.
And of course a signature on the sole of her feet so I can rightly claim I have a Stacy ORIGINAL , otherwise its no go and I will not accept it!

But , all joking apart , if you do this for me I will be over the moon, along with the cow and the spoon.
Thank you

Griffonfeathers
Former Member

Post by Griffonfeathers »

Hey Tchon!
tchon wrote:Um, I know its not polite to hijack other peoples threads, but I cannot resist to ask a question ...
What model is Reynaert, whom I found on Griffonfeathers livejournal blog?
I just like Elfdolls ...
(Oh, and I wish I would look that good when just waking up :) )
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Reynaert is a Bobobie Weylin. I LOVE that face, and just think he's a big sweetie. I'm glad you like him too. :)

You can find them here - http://www.bobobie.com

Thanks for looking at my LJ at all! :)

Sorry to hijack your thread Rentell. I cannot wait to see your new girl from Stacy!!! That is so cool!

- Wendy

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

Griffonfeathers wrote:Hey Tchon!Sorry to hijack your thread Rentell. I cannot wait to see your new girl from Stacy!!! That is so cool!

- Wendy
No problem Wendy, I am glad you could answer the query...... its good see other people are interested in small dolls.

Looking forward to three little boxes arriving, its as exciting as when the RD's where on there way.

And I think theres a very fine chance that little Mai Li will be bought to life when under the brush!

tchon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by tchon »

Hi Griffonfeathers,
thanks for the pointers!
Now looking where to find a suitable wig and clothes ...
This thread is going to be a great resource for BJD it seems :)

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

And there I was , bumbling around the internet and you just come across some treasures................

Repaints anyone.....

And I mean , WOW!

From a very talented brush of Cindy Heaton. Amazing.

And very very sadly no longer taking commissions.

bellarepaints.com

Bronwen
Ex-Member

Post by Bronwen »

rentell wrote:Image
Who is this beauty Rentell?
tchon wrote:Hi Griffonfeathers,
thanks for the pointers!
Now looking where to find a suitable wig and clothes ...
This thread is going to be a great resource for BJD it seems :)
If you have the regular sized BJDS (not the fashion dolls) do a search for Mimiwoo. She's a seller on eBay and also has a little online store. She has some great stuff. Also Dollmore has a WONDERFUL collection of stuff and thankfully they have a wish list option on their site to keep the crazed buying at least a little in check.

If you like the Monique brand wigs, I can special order any of them for you as I have a vendor account with them. I also have about 30 doll wigs for the 60cm and 44cm BJDs in my closet, new in the box. (Not to mention the bags of shoes, boxes of eyes, and piles of clothes and 1/4 size accessories I was going to use to start a BJD supply shop.)

Rentell, you're right, Cindy Heaton does great work. Check Christy Stone's work out: http://www.xtremedolls.com/

And since I'm feeling a little better today, I went digging through my links for favorites that may be useful for some of you.

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

[quote="Bronwen
Who is this beauty Rentell?

[/quote]

The very same that Stacy and I where talking about.
She is a repaint of the Mei Li doll by R.Tonner

tonnerdoll.com/meili.htm

Sadly the image came from several links down the line on google image search.

I cannot give the artist credit, I'm sorry.

Again this is from a google search but it shows a standard face.

And get well soon.....

Edit; and if you would really like one ....http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Ends 7 Jan 2010
Just what you need Bronwen.... yet another doll :wink:

tchon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by tchon »

Hi Bronwen,
thanks for all the links!
I hope You feel even better today.

Now I am really away for a while browsing all the different dolls!

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

And the anticipated flood of qouestions.....

I have been looking to buy little outfits for my dolls ..... and as you may have guessed these will be Robert Tonner dolls, the Tyler Wentworth models.

Now there is a lot of clothing out there and a lot of 16" dolls! so what are the differences to watch out for.
I have noted that Ellowyne shoes will not fit Tyler and there would appear to be different bust sizes :? :? as well.
So if anyone could give a link to somewhere describing the differences between the 16" doll that Tonner make it would very helpful.

Also will 16" doll clothes from other dolls fit, Barbies for instance?

And finally .... what scale are the 16" dolls,
I am looking into furniture and other props, I have tried various searches with little or no success, I know its out there as I have seen other collectors with some amazing furniture.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

There is usually a lot of furniture on ebay and most seems to be aimed at the 16" Tonner dolls and similar, being the dominant type among fashion dolls.

Barbies are 12" so their stuff is not interchangable.

The differences b/n some dolls and shoes can be the feet. Tonners can have two types - arched to fit high heels and normal for flat shoes. This can occur even among the same body type. The Elviras and Lara Crofts share the same body but Elvira has arched feet for heels while Lara wears sensible shoes, or boots for kicking ass.

Scale - I don't know.
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

INFORMATIONS