https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

General BJD info

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

General BJD info

Post by AlexKnight »

I just found some info on the internet about BJD's, and wanted to share it:
What is a BJD?

BJD stands for Ball-Jointed Doll. It's a doll with ball-and-socket joints in its body, arms and legs. Sometimes the waist and fingers also have articulating joints. Making and customizing BJDs has been a popular hobby in Japan for a long time but popularity has now spread all over the globe. Commercially made dolls are made of resin (and are quite expensive) but it's possible to make your own BJD with air-dry clay. This is not a project for the beginner or the faint-of heart! LOL
LaDoll and Creative Paperclay are two popular clays for creating BJDs. Polymer clay is sometimes used but doll quality air-dry clays seem to be the most popular for one of a kind BJDs.

There are many variations in the way to join each part of a doll, but essentially all limbs and joints are joined together by hooks and loops of elastic that are string as shown in image below.

A well-balanced, well-constructed doll can sit, bend and stand by itself and imitate human movement very accurately. Arms are attached by elastic running through the armholes and torso. In each leg, loops of elastic run from a hook inside the ankle up through the knee, through the leg-hole, and up to the head. All loops being hung on a hook inside the neck. Another band is attached to hooks strung inside the wrist joint.

Of course, to have this type of joint stringing, the doll must be hollow. There are several different methods for accomplishing this. The one thing they all have in common is that dolls are made in sections which are formed over some kind of removable armature. Many tutorials suggest using Styrofoam, straws and other material as the removable armature when creating hollow parts.

You can find the original content here: http://newclaynews.blogspot.com/2010/10 ... s-bjd.html
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Patricia
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: Looking for a better and smarter place than present. And i may have found it!

Re: General BJD info

Post by Patricia »

Already knew that! :lol: :wink: But that is because one of my dollfriends is a BJD! :mrgreen:

:rainbow1:
Do to other what you want them to do to you. XD

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

Perhaps your post could be stickyfied, this sort of info is required knowledge for the small doll collector.

Thanks Alex.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

No problem, I've applied some glue...
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

violette_22
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by violette_22 »

The best source for info on the BJDs is a forum called the Den of Angels. It is 13+ so very tame. I've been a bjd owner for some years now... if anyone has questions I am more than happy to help!!! Just drop me a PM and I'll do my best. :)
Anatomically Correct Adult Doll owner since 2013, Dollhouse miniaturist since 2009, lifetime fan of dolls!!!

INFORMATIONS