https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

the show that pretty much wasnt ... sigh

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

komugi
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

the show that pretty much wasnt ... sigh

Post by komugi »

I'm not sure if it is just a sign of the sucky economy ... though the economy sucked just as much last year ... but the doll show Mio and I went to was a wash-out

I think only about a dozen exhibitors showed up ... and I dont think there was any more than 50-57 show goers there

it was really sad :( ... I didnt stay for much more than a half hour

last year it was a nice show ... this year it wasnt

I suspect that there wont be a show next year ... I talked with one of the exhibitors, and he said he didnt cover his expenses of being there ... and I suspect that the same can be said of the show organizers

so Mio and I are making it a movie weekend instead :D ... we have already watched "The Spy Next Door" ... and I have several more for her and I to watch together
if I close my eyes forever, will it all remain the same ... Lita Ford/Ozzy Osbourne

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: the show that pretty much wasnt ... sigh

Post by Dollarhyde »

Sorry to hear the show was a bust... Being that it's an election year no one really knows which the way the economy is going to swing. :whistle:

Well at least you 2 got to spend some quality time together :D
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

ibella

Post by ibella »

Ug that really sucks :( Nothing like expecting a nice party only to have a small turnout. I'm sure Mio was the prettiest girl there at least though ^_^

What kind of doll show was it? General all-encompasing? Or did it have a focus?

komugi
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by komugi »

Dollarhyde wrote: Sorry to hear the show was a bust... Being that it's an election year no one really knows which the way the economy is going to swing. :whistle:
I'm not so sure about that ... we know that both parties are lying through their teeth ... and that the economy will continue to suck for a LONG time
Dollarhyde wrote: Well at least you 2 got to spend some quality time together :D
absolutely :D :D :D
ibella wrote: Ug that really sucks :( Nothing like expecting a nice party only to have a small turnout. I'm sure Mio was the prettiest girl there at least though ^_^
she would have been ... but I didnt even take her out of the protective wrap I put her in to carry her there

I kind of suspect that part of the reason it was a bust ... was the incorrect date info published in one of the few remaining doll magazines ... "Dolls" ... http://www.dollsmagazine.com/
... they had the date as Sept 20th ... and I contacted them about the error
I did get a call from them saying that I was correct, it was Oct 20th ... and they acknowledged that they screwed that up ... and then never corrected the info on their website, so no one who reads the magazine or goes to their website ever got the correct info :evil:
ibella wrote: What kind of doll show was it? General all-encompasing? Or did it have a focus?
it was one of the "doll & teddy bear" series of shows ... I'll see if I can come up with a link for that show series

during the few minutes I was there, I did get a rather unusual surprise ... and boy did it catch me by surprise

I came around the corner of one of the rows of exhibitors and saw a small child standing by herself :|

it took me a few seconds to realize that she was not moving ... and a few more seconds to spot the upright pole of the stand that was holding her up

she was one of the Masterpiece Dolls ( http://www.masterpiecedolls.com/ ) ... and wow, they are no joke as far as being realistic sized and looking ... they had a few of them there that were for sale
... I dont know which one she was ... but it took this old man by surprise when I saw her 8O
if I close my eyes forever, will it all remain the same ... Lita Ford/Ozzy Osbourne

INFORMATIONS