https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

MSB Blue Vampirella, but what blue?? Build start?

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

MSB Blue Vampirella, but what blue?? Build start?

Post by rubherkitty »

OK, so I'm really kicking around building this hot-err cold lady.
She's blue, but what color of blue? Or is she purple? Having the color cards in hand helps as I can hold them up to the screen. I'm thinking Isle of Capri. The Isle of Capri is actually darker than the pic. In this pic, IOC more like Gulf Stream which is to the right of Windjammer.

I know the Vamp pic is painted and shaded/ lighted. Having a MSB painted in real life, lighting and all makes a big difference.
Attachments
blue vampirella.jpg
blue vampirella.jpg (11.82 KiB) Viewed 2333 times
blue vampirella 1.jpg
blue vampirella 1.jpg (332.09 KiB) Viewed 2334 times
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

cosycottage

Re: MSB Blue Vampirella, but what blue?? Build start?

Post by cosycottage »

You need a hint of purple in the tone, otherwise she'll end up looking like a Na'avi :P

"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

What do you recommend from your color panels? 2587?

I had not looked at the Vamp in several days before I stopped at the paint place so was just trying to go from memory. I do not have a printer to have taken a pic w/ me.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

mission

Post by mission »

[quote="cosycottage"]You need a hint of purple in the tone, otherwise she'll end up looking like a Na'avi :P

Nothing wrong with a Na'avi. I've got one standing in my living room. She's called Neytiri (or so she says - it's hard to understand what she's saying).

casquetero
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by casquetero »

cosycottage wrote:You need a hint of purple in the tone, otherwise she'll end up looking like a Na'avi :P
Looking like a Na'avi is not bad... they look better than a Smurf.

@rubherkitty - Interesting new project. Already expecting the photos!
You can check dolls (and sex toy reviews) at my blog: http://thecasqueterofiles.com/

How many dolls I have? Complete list and description of my harem: https://thecasqueterofiles.com/my-doll-harem/

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey RK,
If you are wanting to match the picture, here is the color range you'd be looking at in the Behr chart...
vampcolor.JPG
vampcolor.JPG (280.34 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
vampcolor2.JPG
vampcolor2.JPG (122.06 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
vampcolor3.jpg
vampcolor3.jpg (254.57 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
Pageant Song is for the most part blue, but has just a hint of lavender.
Color #590-B4 Anemone would be good too (just one card to the left into the blues).

I'm really liking the sample jar thing. I could have saved some money with that.
Per ounce, that's cheaper than buying craft paint at the hobby store.

MF
8)

mission

Post by mission »

You're not going to cut Veronica up again, are you? Say it isn't so.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Wow, thanks for the response and help.

NO, I would not think of modifying Veronica! I spents weeks getting her to what she is. I will get another MSB and make a totally new design Vampirella. I'm thinking a even wider pelvis (1-7/8") vs V's (1-1/8") w/ some custom angles or tweaking so when her legs are pulled back they spread. Currently, V's ankles are only about 1" too narrow to fit on the sides on my neck. Maybe a 2-1/2" torso extension vs V's 3-1/2". Vampirella will have a bigger butt too. Maybe even larger more seperated boobs. Overall a little more voluptuous!

Now that I have V to keep me company on cold winter nights, the pressure is off to build my 1st lady. Vampirella will be a slower build when I have spare time and not put my self employed butt in the poor house again. The cutting, sheet metal work riviting, FL insert will all go faster now that I've figured all that out. The bondo time can't really be cut short if I want a nice job done.

I have a barbie w/ the fashion model smile for $30.00 located about 15 miles away if I can find time to get over and pick her up. I think her eyes and look would be perfect for the Vamp!
Attachments
smiling barbie.jpg
smiling barbie.jpg (13.27 KiB) Viewed 2272 times

cosycottage

Post by cosycottage »

Yeah, sample pots is a good idea - then you could get two (or even three) close shades to recreate a rounded skin-tone/eye-shadow, definition around the jaw/cheekbones/collarbone....

Face-ups are really tricky buggers to do. I'm still practising on my little-uns.

Too much time as a boy spent kicking a tennis ball around in the park and not enough time spent trying on my mum's dresses and applying her blusher! :mrgreen:
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

I made it to the local doll shop and the lady was quite a snob.
No interest in MSB's.
Just American Girl Dolls, Antique dolls and vintage barbies.

No wigs on display so I forgot to ask. They appeared to only sell complete dolls and packaged accessories. No doll making parts. I think they do have parts in the back of the shop, but they want to do the labor.

They do face painting for $25.00 an hour, but I assume it is traditional style. Nothing wild or exotic. They had no work to show me. The antique dolls that were for sale that they may have touched up the paint were all rosy cheek cutesy style dolls. They do not reroot eye lashes. Guess I'll pass on them.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Regular eye shadow makeup seems to work really well on the vinyl doll face.
I tried a little on Abby's disembodied head...
IMG_2020.JPG
IMG_2020.JPG (579.7 KiB) Viewed 2241 times
I used NYC #942 Smokey Blues for the eye shadow and NYC #811B Island Sunset for the blush.
The highlight color in the Island Sunset works really well for blush. I just used a soft paint brush to slowly get a little color on the cheeks.
For the eye shadow I just used the little foam applicators that came with the shadow.

MF
8)

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

I have painted V's lips. eyes, eye brows, eye liner and shadow. It's over the top, but so is she. My interest in having a professional do it was back when I first got started. If I could find a real artist like the ones that do the Rootstein MQ's or OOAK Barbies then it would be something to consider.

The doll shop said it would probably take a couple of hours or $50.00 to paint V's face so I figured they were just bidding a standard cutesy baby doll job. Not for me.

I wanted to use paint and seal it rather than makeup as it would probably smear or rub off. V and I have been "wrestling" quite abit lately and she's had lots of clothing changes being pulled over her head. I have not sealed the face paint and it seems to be holding up well. Regarding her latex body paint, I read your not supposed to apply sealer over latex so I guess that idea is out. Probably best anyway as our frequent wrestling sessions and snaps for her clothing rub spots or wear places on her, but it's easy to touch up. I could probably repaint V 4 times w/ that $3.00 can of paint. She's a hard working young lady, so I don't expect her to look model perfect all the time! LOL

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

rubherkitty wrote:I read your not supposed to apply sealer over latex so I guess that idea is out.
:?
Not sure where you read that but it's not quite correct.
An alkyd base or a lacquer type sealer may be a problem over latex paint but Krylon clear sealer works just fine.
http://www.michaels.com/Krylon%C2%AE-Lo ... lt,pd.html

The low odor type is actually latex so it works perfectly well over latex paint.
I tried it on my test panel and it works very well to seal the makeup.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Why I read it on the net so it has to be true!
I did a search: "Sealing latex paint" and most hits said not to. Said the latex has the breath? I guess diff paint and sealer matter too.

Thanks MF

ETA: I'm afraid I missed out on the "fashion model smile" MSB I was hoping to get. Don't see her listed now. I know where there is another actually closer, but they're asking $50.00. They've had her quite awhile and may take $40.00 if I offer??

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Rubberkitty your quest seems to be progressing well. Your skin color is a matter of personal preference I like a light blue or lavender but the darker shades set off the eyes and of course the teeth!Let your own artistic skills guide you towards a finished product, take your time and you will be rewarded. Looking forward with interest.

INFORMATIONS