https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

My Size Barbie head vs Liv head. Swap them??

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

My Size Barbie head vs Liv head. Swap them??

Post by rubherkitty »

OK, I have the Liv head in my posession now.

I like the neck length on the Liv better. Just looks more natural.
The head size is more "normal" when you are close to it.

The barbie "Veronica" has a head that is proportional to her body, it's just so small. Makes it look like she's in the distance.

On my next barbie project, I plan to widen the chest around 1-1/2" so that will give her a fuller look to match her new height. The Liv head will be quite nice on that barbie.
I'll do some customizing on the Liv head and see what I can do.
Attachments
V & Liv 002.jpg
V & Liv 002.jpg (469.03 KiB) Viewed 5554 times
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

plasticplease
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: My Size Barbie head vs Liv head. Swap them??

Post by plasticplease »

Off with her head. I agree with your asessment

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks, but I'm still torn.

I viewed the Liv head tonight after V and I had a session in front of the windows media player light show. I used the same light show with V and the Liv head next to hers to see how the light played. The Liv head IS quite larger in comparison/ side x side. Maybe I would eventually get used to it as I did the small head of V. If I kept V in a bulky top/ sweater for awhile, it would make her body look bigger. I also want to get the Liv head some full bodied, long style wigs to try to make her head look smaller. I may try to figure out a head swap system. Easy for a conventional screw on & off, but I'm also in the R&D process of making a flexible neck w/ head swivel too.

I've actually made some subtle changes to the Liv head, but when finished, she won't be the same lady at all. More of a exotic woman than a cupie doll. She will be very realistic compared to V's head. So, for better or worse, the Liv head WILL probably be put on V's body. Wish I had time to build another complete doll.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

I have a liv head that I was thinking of making a body for too. I like the way the eyes are made in the liv heads.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Yes, I had read about the eyes before I bought the head. I am very happy w/ the method of assembly. I actually was able to remove the skull/ wig cap by carefully prying around the joint. The 2 eyes are flat backed and mounted on a plastic sheet that's screwed to the inside face of the head. While not extremely realistic, they are much better than just painted eyes. Don't know if I'll replace them w/ better glass eyes or just leave her be. Have to decide soon though.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hi RK,

I like those Liv heads much better than the barbie ones. She has that same angel barbie expression which is nice.
Is this a discontinued product? The maker (Spin Master) doesn't show the styling head on their website, but they do still show the wigs.
Looks like the head transplant would be fairly easy - just pop it on over the old neck stump and do a little blending with some putty.
Does the Liv head tilt at all or just rotate? Is it hard plastic or vinyl?

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

I don't know if they're still made or not. I bought a nice used one to save some $ of course.

The head turns, but doesn't tip or nod in the least. Interlocking post/cup w/a center screw.

The head is a hard plastic or vinyl like MSB body. Has some interlocking towers just like MSB.

Here's a little teaser. I still have to finish the eyes.

Veronica w/ the new head will be called Naveria.
Attachments
Liv face mod 001.jpg
Liv face mod 001.jpg (339.19 KiB) Viewed 5434 times
Liv face mod 006.JPG
Liv face mod 006.JPG (270.35 KiB) Viewed 5434 times

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Lips look nice RK :thumbs_up:

I emailed Spin Master and the whole Liv line of products has been discontinued :(
So these will no doubt get harder and harder to find.
Amazon still has some at a pretty good price - $26 w/ free shipping. Only 17 left.
http://www.amazon.com/Liv-Doll-Sophie-S ... B004OSM8JA

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks.

Yes, I like how the lips came out.

The nose is also larger and reshaped different than Livs nose.
Since I posted the pic, I actually worked on the nose some too.
The angle of the bottom of the nose at the left nostril was sloped up sharper. I brought it down some and redid the nostril wall thickness.
The nose was also a little wider on the RH side making the distance between the nostril and the outer wall greater. I thinned it down a touch rather than building up the LH side.

The Liv nose actually has flaws too! The LH side nostril is quite abit larger than the RH. The loop around the LH nostril also extends down further.

Here's some inside pics of the Liv head. The putty in the 2nd pic is what I did for the nose and mouth mods The eyes, if they were spheres, would be 34mm.
Attachments
Liv face mod 007.jpg
Liv face mod 007.jpg (363.35 KiB) Viewed 5408 times
Liv face mod 008.jpg
Liv face mod 008.jpg (338.69 KiB) Viewed 5408 times
Liv face mod 009.jpg
Liv face mod 009.jpg (301.18 KiB) Viewed 5408 times

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

OK, here's the latest.
Got a new wig fitted and eyes painted up.
Are the eyes too wild?

Who does she look like?
Loni Anderson.
Angie Dickinson
Attachments
Liv head mod 001.jpg
Liv head mod 001.jpg (336.79 KiB) Viewed 5314 times

Motoko Susubo

Post by Motoko Susubo »

she looks a little like Betty Davis in her younger years or maybe Lucille Ball

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks
Yes, a google search of a young Betty Davis looks quite similar.

Well, Veronica is keeping her head. The Liv head is now going on my newest build. A even taller and fuller goth girl.

Maybe the Liv head needs some pointy ears? I like ears, but hers are so small, they will be lost under her wig.
Attachments
divaimage.jpg
divaimage.jpg (57.02 KiB) Viewed 4902 times

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

OK, I'm going to keep the Liv head for my next doll build. Super "My Size Barbie" Navaria. As Navaria is too complex for me to finish quickly as I'm slowly moving and have to get my biz set back up, I want to work on Veronica as she has grown rather routine. Been together around 8 months now and I have determined some minor improvements will make her much sexier.

I'm thinking of using the barbie styling head in pic as it is larger than the MSB head, but slightly smaller than the Liv head. I'm thinking of going all out and making her the little devil girl as in the above pic or doing the purple vamp? I'm leaning more towards the cutesy devil girl as Navaria will me my more tall, dark and dramatic lady.
Mannequin fan: HELP! What Behr color is the devil girl? You know I'm not good w/ colors.
I can also buy more of the Liv or Barbie heads for Navaria as she will have a interchangable head system.

I'm thinking of adding more bondo to Veronica's butt, thighs, etc and making her arms and hands bigger w/ elbow joints. I'm also going to cut her legs inside the thighs as close to crotch as possible to give her legs a little spread.

ETA: It might also be fun to set the devil girl up in the passenger seat of my car when I'm in the big city. Have some dude looking over at my "daughter". I'll point at him and "talk" to her then reach up and swivel her head to look at him!! Maybe he'll pee his pants looking at the freaky chick?
Attachments
purple vampirella.jpg
purple vampirella.jpg (11.82 KiB) Viewed 4685 times
barbie head 002.jpg
barbie head 002.jpg (434.83 KiB) Viewed 4685 times
barbie head 006.jpg
barbie head 006.jpg (447.55 KiB) Viewed 4685 times

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

How about a little Mexican Chile 200D-6?
MexicanChile.jpg
MexicanChile.jpg (124.45 KiB) Viewed 4669 times

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks!
Yes, that looks good. I should be able to do some shading by adding some brown - black and not show a color break line too much. Trying to go from the Suntan Glow to black is difficult and it leaves a definite border at the color change.

INFORMATIONS