https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

Buying clothes for a 1/3 Tokyo Doll

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Buying clothes for a 1/3 Tokyo Doll

Post by Nescio50 »

What is (besides eBay) a good place to buy clothes for a 1/3 Tokyo Doll?
Does anyone know about a good web-shop with international delivery (I'm in Europe).

I bought a few dresses for SD sized BJDs. These are quite tight at the hips and breasts of my Tokyo Doll (although she has 'only' medium breast instead of large breasts).

Are there specific sizes for Tokyo Dolls or is a 1/3 or SD size the right one? Just let me know. Thanks :D

P.S. pictures of my Tokyo Doll and her dresses are in the Introducing Maiko thread and in her doll album.

:plaidskirt:

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Buying clothes for a 1/3 Tokyo Doll

Post by Dollarhyde »

That's the only thing that keeps holding me back from buying a real small doll difficulty in buying cloths for them... It's not like we can just run into the local thrift store and find clothes off the rack... :whistle:

Good luck with your search... :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

Kueiren
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Kueiren »

Hello Nescio50.
Congratulations on you Mai Doll. I have the same one.

Off the top of my head, i believe Volks might be a good/okay place to look for clothes. (Google Dollfie Dream).

I got some clothes from 'Azone International'
bit of a hit n miss.
Got a pair of glasses I am happy with, as well as a school type shirt.
Panties that are too small (but i still like :) )
I bought some clothes that were too small, and their site still lists products they no longer sell.

If you are feeling hardworking; the Tokyo Doll site gives measurements.
Compare sizes with the list of doll manufacturers:
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 64&t=42961
(found under miniature adult dolls in these forums)

I recall 'Dollmore' being good,
likewise with Loong Soul, but their site is slow; so look at http://www.legenddoll.com/315.html instead
they are an agent of theirs
Some members here have 'Iplehouse' dolls, which are beautiful.

The red dress you have already looks nice, where did you get it?

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Thanks Kueiren, some good suggestions :thumbs_up:

I will need some time to find the right stuff. It seems getting the right size is kinda tricky. Most shops just state "1/3" or "60cm" or "SD" as size, but it seems to me that not all 1/3 dolls are the same :? Maybe the body of an Tokyo Doll is a little fuller than the body of a 1/3 (SD) BJD. But thanks again, I certainly will try one of these shops.

About Maiko's red dress Image I bought this one at Think Pink, a Dutch webshop. This red dress is stretchy, so it fits well. Also the stockings do fit well, although it was quite difficult to put them on. I'm used dressing full-size silicone dolls. I guess I still have to learn to dress this Tokyo Doll. I bought two other dresses (brand: IMPL) at the same shop (the black ones, see Maiko's doll album). These are a little too small - one is very tight on the hips and both can't close the zipper on the back. The leather dress came with a sort of leather leggings, but the doll's legs are too fat for these leggings 8O Despite this, the dresses do look cute 8) :D

komugi
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by komugi »

Nescio50 wrote: What is (besides eBay) a good place to buy clothes for a 1/3 Tokyo Doll?
Does anyone know about a good web-shop with international delivery (I'm in Europe).

I bought a few dresses for SD sized BJDs. These are quite tight at the hips and breasts of my Tokyo Doll (although she has 'only' medium breast instead of large breasts).
welcome to having a girl who is not one of the anorexic Volks style waifs

unfortunately the Volks ... SD, MSD, DD, etc, sizes, are still the "standard" throughout much of the small doll world :evil:

you and I, and a few others in here who have "non-Volks standard size" girls ... can go through hell trying to get clothes for our girls ... I even have trouble with Iplehouse clothes listed as being for their EID girls ... my Mio is a large bust version EID girl 8O

I forget who I saw post about it ... but someone else with one of the busty Tokyo 1/3 girls had mentioned Iplehouse as a place where he got clothes for her ... and the pic he showed of his Tokyo girl in an IH outfit, it looked like it fit his girl very nicely

the Tokyo 1/3 girls are 60cm ... and the Iplehouse EID girls are 65cm, with measurements bigger (especially in the bust area) than any of the Volks standard sized girls

if you dont need a "skin tight" fit to her clothes ... you just might find the Iplehouse clothes a good fit for your girl

and compare your girls measurements with the Iplehouse SID girls ... the SID girls are a 60cm girl, but a bit more curvy than the anorexic Volks waifs

give me a few min and I'll do you up a measurement list of the IH EID and SID girls ... and I'll get a list of the measurements of the Tokyo 1/3 girls so you can compare them

ok ... your Mai is listed as being either a 1/3 60L or a 1/3 60M sized Tokyo girl ... and in the pic you posted she looks like a 60M size girl

the 60L & 60M size Tokyo girls have their measurements listed as:

1/3 60L
B 28.5cm / W 15.5cm / H 26.0cm

1/3 60M
B 23.0cm / W 15.5mm / H 26.0cm

and the IH EID and SID girls have the following measurements

SID female
B 30cm/29cm/28cm
W 19.6cm
H 29.6cm

EID female
B 32cm/29.5cm
W 21cm
H 32cm

so as far as tops and dresses go ... as long as you do not have to have a skin tight fit ... the Iplehouse SID girl clothes should fit your Mai with no problem ... especially any of the "stretchy" fabrics like the T-shirts and sweaters

as far as I know Iplehouse ships to Europe ... so that should not be a problem
if I close my eyes forever, will it all remain the same ... Lita Ford/Ozzy Osbourne

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Thank you Komugi, great info :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
:glou:

Varkeo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Varkeo »

The pictures of her are rockin my friend!

Motoko Susubo

Post by Motoko Susubo »

if you are handy with a sewing machine you can make your own clothing as well I have several Volk's Dollfie Dream dolls and have made all there clothing for them but most that I make are historical and traditional Japanese clothing

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Motoko Susubo wrote:if you are handy with a sewing machine you can make your own clothing as well I have several Volk's Dollfie Dream dolls and have made all there clothing for them but most that I make are historical and traditional Japanese clothing
Wow, great :thumbs_up:

I'm able to sew a button to a shirt, but I have no experience with sewing machines :( I guess I have to buy the clothes :wink:

INFORMATIONS