https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

My 48" Bratz head doll

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

PlaysWithDolls
Apprentice
Apprentice

My 48" Bratz head doll

Post by PlaysWithDolls »

My 48" tall fabric doll with modded Bratz head -- in prototype, glued together version at 2-1/2 years of heavy use and appreciation.
My 48" tall fabric doll with modded Bratz head -- in prototype, glued together version at 2-1/2 years of heavy use and appreciation.
MY-DOLL-DSCF1312.jpg (3.22 MiB) Viewed 1989 times
Built this about 2-1/2 years ago. Am refining the design some now. But never shared it here, so thought I should.

She is sitting on a full-size park bench. Is 48 inches from top of head to tips of toes.

Has been very well used and has traveled through several states on an RV road trip, sometimes sitting in the passenger seat beside me, sometimes sitting facing the cars behind staring out the big back window.

Made her jointed and poseable but the thick wire I used for some of the joints has broken (after 2-1/2 years).

Obviously the neck is too tall and -- in current iteration is too thick, too -- and will be adjusted downward in the next model.

Also, I made her waist too slender. I like it like that, but can't find any panties to fit her. Have to adapt them all -- even size 2T.

This prototype was simply glued together with fabric glue. Next model will be sewn.

Have yet to figure out a great way to attach the head. Have tried about a half dozen different ways. Currently it is attached to the backbone. However, the back bone likes to creep upward when she's being seriously humped. (So her neck gets longer and longer the longer she is engaging in serious sex.)

Started with a pattern for a large, stuffed Betty Boop doll. Blew it up about 250%. Reduced the size of the breasts. (You might want to go the other way.) Made her thighs more slender and legs longer. Gave her a slightly longer mid-section. Redesigned her hands to make them more slender and to give them fingers.

Want to make the next model about 6 to 8 inches taller. And hopefully get the design lifelike enough to fit off-the-shelf panties.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98038908@N04/

DollsForDudes
Inactive Vendor
Inactive Vendor

Re: My 48" Bratz head doll

Post by DollsForDudes »

I've made fabric dolls and I found that the best way to attach the head is a large pool noodle fitted into the head and extending several feet into the body. In fact, I run the pool noodle all the way to the crotch. It gives the head and torso extra stability and the insert fits in the other end. You could put a heavy duty wire inside the pool noodle for flexibility. I've tried several methods of attaching the head and this is the only method I've found that will keep the head from slumping forward. If your Bratz head is hollow and the pool noodle fits, it's worth a shot.
Dolls For Dudes - Because Big Boys Need Big Toys!

PlaysWithDolls
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by PlaysWithDolls »

Thanks, --Inactive Vendor--.

I've tried the pool noodle and with wire, too. We both thought of it, I guess. And I've tried tying the wire to the crosspiece to which I attached the arm bones. That helps stabilize it and keep it from creeping upward -- a bit.

Haven't had a problem with the head slumping forward. My problem is with the whole apparatus being pushed up and out of the body (at point where neck "attaches" to fabric shoulders). This happens during sex and humping. That's a lot of upward pressure on the noodle or other "backbone" to which the head is attached.

Have experimented with wiring it to the legs. What I didn't like about that is having thick wire and wire knots in the pelvic region. Leaves no room for an insert and is uncomfortable to rub against.

Any ideas about how to solve that?

DollsForDudes
Inactive Vendor
Inactive Vendor

Post by DollsForDudes »

I glue the fabric at the neck to the pool noodle using Gorilla Glue. It does bleed through the fabric, but is hidden inside the head. If you find something that works better, I'd love to hear it since I am also trying to improve my design.
Dolls For Dudes - Because Big Boys Need Big Toys!

PlaysWithDolls
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by PlaysWithDolls »

Let me tell you something that DOESN'T work. And I don't know why it failed. But to save you the trouble and the mess should this idea occur to you.

Early on I experimented with using spray expandable foam insulation -- the kind that comes in 16 oz. cans for use in winterizing your home. My attempt was to set a 5-gallon-paint stir stick in the neck (and extending downward vertically, like a backbone) by filling the neck with the expandable foam.

While, normally, that foam fills and sticks to and ruins everything it touches, for some reason it just would not work. This was inside a Bratz head. It didn't want to stick well to the interior plastic. In fact, it seemed to recoil from it in many places. (Opposite charges?) And while it would expand and seem to fill the head cavity while I was spraying, it would dry as a thin, stringy matrix full of huge air pockets and was not at all solid enough to support the paint paddle.

This might have been because I was doing this outdoors when the air temperature was only a little above freezing. But I don't know if that was a factor.

In any case, the head was salvagable. I was able to take a razor knife and trim off any nasty dried foam that had stuck to the bottom outside of the neck.

My pool noodle experience may be tainted due to my buying the noodles at Dollar Tree. They essentially are four smaller noodles somehow adhered together with a hollow center.

While they would squeeze, I did not find that they were strong or durable. And the noodle is not really rounded, but rather is a series of eliptical shapes forming an uneven circle. Maybe Gorilla Glue is the answer for getting the foam noodles to adhere to the neck's interior plastic. I had not tried that. I did not find anything (was using "foam" compatible glues) that worked well. And, I found the foam noodle, if used as a neck, rather than as a support inside the neck and body, would break easily. Would not bend well under body weight.

What I found that has worked better for me, so far, is the heavy cardboard rolls that heavy fabric comes on and which fabric stores discard in the trash or recycling. Have found them happy to save them for me. These come in various diameters. Obviously, you need to find a diameter that fits the neck firmly.

The kind of internal stucture (skeleton) you have created for your doll would be a factor in determining how to affix the tube to keep it straight and stable and in the body.

I'm still experimenting after more than 2-1/2 years of playing with these things. The current situation -- as in the photo -- is really not acceptable. Wish I had the photos from a shoot I did in March two years ago at Red Rock in New Mexico. Had the neck just about perfect then. And this doll was fresh. And posed her in a bunch of different costumes. The netbook that I uploaded those photos to was stolen from me in a wifi spot a couple weeks later, before I had backed up the drive with the photos. So the thief -- or whoever he sold the computer to -- was treated to an interesting surprise.

INFORMATIONS