https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

V Studios

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

Varkeo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

V Studios

Post by Varkeo »

Blog - Photography Just Got Easier (Kinda)

I don't normal talk about my personal life here at all, but I figure it was time for another blog.
About about 9 months back we upgraded into a 2 bdr apartment because of my dolls accessories
were getting out of control. So me and my girl friend split the place in half, her side and my side.
It was nice for the first 4 months until the women below on the 1st floor started bitching about
me walking around in my room on the 2nd floor when I wanted to shoot my miniature girls to post up
here and elsewhere. She even went to complaining to the lease office that she hates it when
I walk around in my room. I am a night guy so I am always shooting between the times of
12am - 5am. We are here in Texas so I am always on the extreme opposite of the heat to get
the best images for the girls, but getting back to this women. The leasing office didn't do shit
really but I'd figured I go ahead and swap rooms out anyways because of her thumbing the
ceiling everytime we walked into my room. Hell there were times where there was nobody
in the room and she would still hit the wall hard.

So a few months back, I swapped rooms with my girls by moving the rooms around myself
which took me two days to do. And I set back up my studio for my miniatures. But I still
had my pro's and cons about my photography and sets. The pictures were good yes,
but the space I need to take and shoot were too damn short. So as most of you know,
I went on to get me a bad ass Camera which REALLY helped out much with the range, but
now I need more props always out do my comics. So after awhile of brainstorming I sided
that the best place to shoot was in the pantry of my bathroom leaving the Monica Files
studio in one room, I can alternate and shoot my other girls in the bathroom which will
give me three rooms + ceiling we SHOULD be able to pull of something nice hopefully
it's a bit cramp but I will manage.

Photography is gonna be delayed for awhile until I can figure out how to make this happen
inside of the bathroom. Back in the days, shooting inside of a oven, fire place, and microwave
was no sweat. This may prove to be more of a fun challenge and will help my artwork expand
a lot more with the versatility to switch between floors and rooms.

Dolls should be able to model, pose, act, and what not to keep the entertainment coming.
Now I don't have to as much take down one set at a time to work on another and
have to spend a good hour switching out everything. Sorry for this long blog
but I feel it was necessary to discuss the sets backs of my work.

So to give you guys a heads up, in my room, I am working the Monica Files set, whilst
this bathroom I got's Ruby, Luna, and Dashi in there on standby for this project
I am calling "The Traffic Lights" A blonde, Green Haired, and Red Head team up
for some sexy shoots.

- So wait for it my friends.
(P.S If I have any typos, I will come back later and fix them after I finished shooting the girls)
Attachments
IMG_4576.JPG
IMG_4576.JPG (163.73 KiB) Viewed 2086 times
IMG_4579.JPG
IMG_4579.JPG (529.26 KiB) Viewed 2088 times
IMG_4580.JPG
IMG_4580.JPG (626.25 KiB) Viewed 2088 times
IMG_4574.JPG
IMG_4574.JPG (911.03 KiB) Viewed 2088 times

Wim
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Varkeo Studios

Post by Wim »

Nice setup you have there. I want to make pictures of my doll too, but taking her out of my house is a nono. I believe my apartment is even smaller than yours. At least I have a big shower :)
If I were you I would change the 12am - 5am to pm. Having troubles with your neighbors can really spoil your fun of your hobby. And maybe you could start to search yard sales and toy shops. You could ask Koen how he makes his props. I have seen some good stuff in his photographs, though he does a lot of photoshopping too.

Varkeo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Varkeo Studios

Post by Varkeo »

Mistress wrote:If I were you I would change the 12am - 5am to pm. Having troubles with your neighbors can really spoil your fun of your hobby.

Sadly it does, she hasn't bother us at all because of the change which is nice. But I am doing those times now that you mentioned. I just needed to have my stuff up in multiple places so i can get multiple sets out at once. Should be able to work now. =)

-And many thanks!

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Re: V Studios

Post by deerman »

Where there is a will there is a way! :D

Koen
Doll Artist
Doll Artist

Post by Koen »

Varkeo wrote: .....the space I need to take and shoot were too damn short. .... I sided
that the best place to shoot was in the pantry of my bathroom leaving the Monica Files
studio in one room, I can alternate and shoot my other girls in the bathroom ...
And I thought that I had space troubles. Compared to you I seem to have a castle here.
Making a photostudio out of the pantry of your bathroom, now that's what I call creative thinking! If the pantry is still located in the bathroom we soon can expect some steamy pics :lol:

Vark, you never cease to amaze me :thumbs_up:

Koen
Mistress wrote: You could ask Koen how he makes his props. I have seen some good stuff in his photographs, though he does a lot of photoshopping too.
My stock of props is really very small. Most of them I obtain when roaming flea markets. But it is not my goal to make scaled sceneries. In fact it is the opposite. The only props I really make for ScoonimDolls are clothing and shoes, and that I can tell you is a hell of a job.

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Now that´s an interesting "Behind the scenes" for a change. Great job and determination,
Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

Varkeo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Varkeo »

Koen wrote:
Varkeo wrote: .....the space I need to take and shoot were too damn short. .... I sided
studio in one room, I can alternate and shoot my other girls in the bathroom ...
And I thought that I had space troubles. Compared to you I seem to have a castle here.
Making a photostudio out of the pantry of your bathroom, now that's what I call creative thinking! If the pantry is still located in the bathroom we soon can expect some steamy pics :lol:

Vark, you never cease to amaze me :thumbs_up:

Koen
Thanks Bro!
So far it's coming along nicely!

Varkeo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Varkeo »

brigittes hubbie wrote:Now that´s an interesting "Behind the scenes" for a change. Great job and determination,
Chris

Thanks BH!
This will be a somewhat boost to our artworks haha^^. =)

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Hi Varkeo,
I hope so,
Chris

life-is-plastic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by life-is-plastic »

Hi Varkeo, always enjoy the images of your lil' ladies

regarding the 'walking around'; dunno if your were on socks or big boots, but that could make a huge difference. I hear the difference myself in my apartment when I walk on shoes or on Crocs (I know: they are fugly, but comfy and pretty silent), and my apartment has concrete floors! Then again there are always neighbors complaining about simply everything! :roll:

Varkeo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Varkeo »

Varkeo's Blog

I been on break for a few months now and figure I touch bases with my pals here. Just a month back my 50 inch plasma tv blew out and I haven't been too happy with that. Luckly, I have a 47inch LCD to keep my home theater still looking beastly. But my 3DTV is now gone until I can get a technician to fix the damn thing. Only had it little over a year now, but moving on. I had put away the girls after I completely burned myself out with the shoots. Most of my work is done through Paint Shop Pro 15. Which in the eyes of most professionals is considered to be somewhat amature.

So I sided to hop over to Lynda.com after installing Adobe CS5 and start checking out some video tutorials
by Deke McClelland, award winning book and video author. I usually tend to watch him and Mark Wallace from Adorama TV to enhance my knowledge on graphics designs. When I look at my older doll artworks I tend to see many flaws in my work I could have gone and went back and changed it. But now that it is saved, it cannot be undone. So I am watching Deke on Lynda and trying to learn how to save my changes so if I ever wanted to go back and retouch some of my sexy pictures, I can without destroying the original image which will still be intact.

I almost ready to come back to shooting my dolls and what not; but for now's, knowledge is power.

Varkeo, Moderator.

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Hi Varkeo, your pics already looked great, how much better are they going to be then? The outlook is great!
Chris

Orbital111
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Orbital111 »

Glad to hear it, Varkeo! :thumbs_up: I'm sure it will be a lot of fun to be able to revisit & edit photos again like you would like to.
We also wouldn't mind if we could please, at some point, find out if Violet ever caught up with Sewage Guy in the Sims to find her way back home. Some things can nag at a guy in the night ya know. :D

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

I hope you get it cranked up soon! :D Your little girls are the most entertaining and give fresh ideas to explore. :whistle:

INFORMATIONS