https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

BJD heads on Arte Tokyo or Lovely Doll?

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

Misana

BJD heads on Arte Tokyo or Lovely Doll?

Post by Misana »

Hello Miniature Adult Doll owners! 8)

I apologize in advance if this question has been posed before and if there's a thread that discusses this topic, it'd be great if someone could post the link.

The question as indicated in the subject is can BJD heads be used on the silicone Arte Tokyo or Lovely Doll dolls. I know that even if that were possible, there may be only some BJD heads that can be used. I'm mostly interested in the 50 cm or around that size type doll but am curious what if any compatible BJD heads are out there.

I really like the "seamless" look of the silicone small dolls but the head of the BJD dolls are so cute :o and detailed I was hoping that there would be some that could fit the silicone small dolls.

I also understand it may be difficult to impossible to find an exact match between skin tones but that's fine.

I've done some research on TDF but wasn't able to find useful information (may not have been using the right search terms or done enough digging). :?

Thanks in advance to any advice or information! :)

Regards,
Misana

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Re: BJD heads on Arte Tokyo or Lovely Doll?

Post by Nescio50 »

I don't know how bdj heads are attached to the body.

For my 60cm Tokyo Doll it's easy, the body has a pin (the one on the right in the picture) and the head slides over it.
click picture for more info on the Tokyo Doll website

Misana

Post by Misana »

Thanks :) - I had seen the pics from the Tokyo doll website and your post gave me an idea :idea: Instead of searching for BJD heads, I started searching for BJD bodies. I then got search results which showed what the head attachment would be on some BJD bodies and it does look different for different manufacturers but in most cases the body part was some version of post or "male" end implying that the head mating portion was some sort of "female" type attachment. There may then be BJD heads that could sit on a Tokyo Doll body but it may not fit very well or snug. I could probably do some filler or padding if the fit is loose so the head wouldn't wobble around.

It doesn't sound like you may have tried the BJD head on Tokyo Doll body experiment. I'm curious if others have and what their experiences were?

Kueiren
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Kueiren »

Hi Misana.

I apologize if the timing of this reply is not useful. I don't check this forum often.
I have not put a BJD head on either of the dolls bodies mentioned; but I have seen it-

*warning* the websites linked has adult content that may be offensive to some.
http://ooostyle.blog59.fc2.com/blog-entry-351.html
http://ooostyle.blog59.fc2.com/blog-entry-327.html

I believe the doll images of the urls above have bodies either of arte tokio or tokyo doll.

The image provided by Nescio50 does show how the neck to head joint of arte tokio and tokyo dolls are.
It's a plastic bit that you screw to the dolls skeleton. If you could get the equivalent part for a BJD, you should be able to screw it in nicely, or at least modify it to suit.

a quick look at volks website:
http://www.volksusa.com/ddop0043.html
seems to show that they use different neck joints to the bodies mentioned.

hope that helps.

Misana

Post by Misana »

Thanks for the response. I have found information just poking around that showed that it could be done. I do very much like the detail and beauty of the BJD heads but the silicone jointless aspect of the arte tokio bodies so if I do go the miniature doll route which I'm leaning towards I will do the combination and post my results!

INFORMATIONS