https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

Design sketch for unbreakable joints in doll fingers

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

Koen
Doll Artist
Doll Artist

Re: Design sketch for unbreakable joints in doll fingers

Post by Koen »

kiralove wrote:Awesome concept so are hands a big problem on these dolls?
Hi Kiralove,
Welcome and thank you for posting. :D :thumbs_up:

Till now and still the posing of hands is a nasty problem on all dolls, small and large! But especially on the small dolls the hand armature is a complex and difficult issue because of the size. ScoonimDoll fingers are as all 1:6 scale dolls only 2-2,5mm in diameter. So a finger armature joint must be no more than 1-1.3mm in diameter and it needs to be absolutely perfectly centered in the skin mass. As you can imagine to add such small armatures to a doll is risky for production, costly and time consuming. On top of that they are easy to break and therefor have a very limited lifespan. My design is hard to break. The risks for production however are bigger, the making is more costly and the amount of time needed to make the armature is almost through the roof. So you might say it is one step forward and three steps back. But for ScoonimDolls this is acceptable because this step forward is an enormous step :D

Koen

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

pygmalion2 wrote:I have a similar design for Katie's hands.
Unfortunately they have not eliminate the finger poke through's.
Yours is a much more elegant design than mine. You need to address the problem of bonding the metal
to the silicone skin. The Mechadoll * dolls have designs that have much reduced the
finger poke through issue. Just my two cents.
Koen wrote:Till now and still the posing of hands is a nasty problem on all dolls, small and large! But especially on the small dolls the hand armature is a complex and difficult issue because of the size. ScoonimDoll fingers are as all 1:6 scale dolls only 2-2,5mm in diameter. So a finger armature joint must be no more than 1-1.3mm in diameter and it needs to be absolutely perfectly centered in the skin mass. As you can imagine to add such small armatures to a doll is risky for production, costly and time consuming. On top of that they are easy to break and therefor have a very limited lifespan. My design is hard to break. The risks for production however are bigger, the making is more costly and the amount of time needed to make the armature is almost through the roof. So you might say it is one step forward and three steps back. But for ScoonimDolls this is acceptable because this step forward is an enormous step :D
Dear Koen and pygmalion2,
Where on Earth did you find hinges that small? I'm currently on the hunt for such a thing for a skeleton retrofit of my own small doll. She currently has no skeleton in the fingers, they are solid silicone, and the largest finger is about 1/4 inch diameter, so the armature needs to be smaller than that. I have no fear of assembling my own armature from parts, but trying to find them has been an exercise in frustration. Also, yours don't look quite like barrel hinges, but I don't know what to call what you've got. What are they called? Thank you. :)

:plaidskirt:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

Koen
Doll Artist
Doll Artist

Post by Koen »

RainLover wrote: Dear Koen and pygmalion2,
Where on Earth did you find hinges that small? I'm currently on the hunt for such a thing for a skeleton retrofit of my own small doll. She currently has no skeleton in the fingers, they are solid silicone, and the largest finger is about 1/4 inch diameter, so the armature needs to be smaller than that. I have no fear of assembling my own armature from parts, but trying to find them has been an exercise in frustration. Also, yours don't look quite like barrel hinges, but I don't know what to call what you've got. What are they called? Thank you. :)

:plaidskirt:
Hi Rainlover,
The hinges for ScoonimDolls I make myself. You cannot buy them in any shop. They are appr. 0,05 inch in diameter. The ScoonimDoll fingers are appr. 0,08 inch in diameter except for the little finger, which is smaller. Because of the high risk of complications during the casting ScoonimDolls therefore have no skeleton in the two little fingers.

As for the naming of the joints that I have developed, well, I call them 'the unbreakable joints'. This is a poor name and it is not even true, because they will break eventually. But their lifespan is 20-50 times the lifespan of wireframe.

It is not a problem for me to make a pair of skeleton hands for your new doll, but the costs will be considerable! :( I just have finished the development of a hand for the bigguns (like Realdoll) The technic has similarities with the new hands for my ScoonimDolls, but the grasp is much stronger and the knuckles are even more sharp. I reckon that it should be possible for me to make a hand in size somewhere in the middle :wink:

Koen

Varkeo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Varkeo »

Koen your the best my friend. Indeed a one of a kind! :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:

Koen
Doll Artist
Doll Artist

Post by Koen »

Varkeo wrote:Koen your the best my friend. Indeed a one of a kind! :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:
Thanks Varkeo,

Koen :mrgreen:

:xnoel: :xmas:

jorgereynoso

Post by jorgereynoso »

Koen u are a genius!! Perfect work!!

INFORMATIONS