https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

Miniatures by AT Doll/Lovely Doll

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

Bertozzi
Active Poster
Active Poster

Miniatures by AT Doll/Lovely Doll

Post by Bertozzi »

Hi,

I'm contemplating to buy another 1/6 scale silicone doll (~ 30 cm), or to try a 1/6 scale doll (~ 60 cm). The Chinese manufacturer AT Doll resp. Lovely Doll (http://www.atdoll.com/) has several interesting choices, e.g. the Anime doll "Kate":
AT Doll/Lovely Doll "Kate" with body "Lovely 062"
AT Doll/Lovely Doll "Kate" with body "Lovely 062"
2012131164744739.jpg (96.62 KiB) Viewed 4851 times
Does anyone know this manufacturer? Are these dolls worth their price (e.g. Kate: $589 plus $65 for body makeup and another $65 for movable fingers)?

Thanks!

Bertozzi
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Miniatures by AT Doll/Lovely Doll

Post by Bertozzi »

Found this:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/vO1aRnWsuGw[/youtube]

(great, Forum shows an "unsupported plugin" in Opera and Chrome; the embedded link is http://youtu.be/vO1aRnWsuGw)

komugi
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by komugi »

nice site :thumbs_up: ... I checked it out and they have some very nice looking girls :D

especially nice is the option for moveable fingers ... it is very nice to see an option like that show up on the smaller girls :D

if my Mio were ready to have a younger sister I'd have to pick this girl
mini.jpg
mini.jpg (118.24 KiB) Viewed 4762 times
and I do have to give them credit for paying attention to us vocaloid fans :thumbs_up: 8) ... while I am not a huge fan of Hatsune Miku, (my favorites are others) ... it is nice to see them do a special model of the vocaloid that is probably the best known in the world ... (last I heard she was going on tour with Lady GaGa)
Hatsune Miku.jpg
Hatsune Miku.jpg (180.3 KiB) Viewed 4762 times
if I close my eyes forever, will it all remain the same ... Lita Ford/Ozzy Osbourne

Bertozzi
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Bertozzi »

komugi wrote:especially nice is the option for moveable fingers ... it is very nice to see an option like that show up on the smaller girls :D
Yes, this option intrigues me as well, but it is only available for 1/3 scale dolls. Edation seems to be the only manufacturer capable of doing movable fingers in (affordable) 1/6 scale silicone bodies.

Do you have a good source for 1/3 scale head sculpts that might be compatible with the Lovely Doll SFD bodies?

komugi
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by komugi »

Bertozzi wrote:
Yes, this option intrigues me as well, but it is only available for 1/3 scale dolls. Edation seems to be the only manufacturer capable of doing movable fingers in (affordable) 1/6 scale silicone bodies.

Do you have a good source for 1/3 scale head sculpts that might be compatible with the Lovely Doll SFD bodies?
yeah ... the only other moveable fingers option I have seen for any of the smaller dolls was the Grenado company ... you could special order the bj fingers option for their larger dolls (1/3 scale) ... the fingers and thumb were jointed (ball joint style)
ball joint style hands.jpg
ball joint style hands.jpg (57.89 KiB) Viewed 4727 times
I can kind of understand why there is no option like that for most of the dolls smaller than 1/3 scale ... the finger wires would be so thin as to be too fragile to last (and too thin to be able to hold the fingers in a pose) ... and to use anything other than wires for the fingers would involve some very serious miniaturization and would require pretty exotic high tech materials to even hope to have them last and be rigid enough to get the fingers to hold a pose ... and I can safely guess that would add a HUGE amount to the cost, probably putting it way beyond what most would be willing to pay for one of the smaller dolls
... to get the bj style finger on a Grenado doll adds $100 to the cost

as for the source for head sculpts ... I wish I knew ... that I know of, all the smaller doll manufacturers are different in how the heads attach ... all I can guess is that it would take someone with the extra money (or who already has a large collection of different dolls made by different companies) to try to compile a list of which heads will fit which dolls made by other companies (if any will) and which might fit with modification
if I close my eyes forever, will it all remain the same ... Lita Ford/Ozzy Osbourne

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

komugi wrote:I can kind of understand why there is no option like that for most of the dolls smaller than 1/3 scale ... the finger wires would be so thin as to be too fragile to last (and too thin to be able to hold the fingers in a pose) ...
Actually, the Edation 2.0 body can hold her fingers in a pose, and it is a 1/6 scale miniature. I'll look up some photos to demonstrate that capability.
komugi wrote: … all the smaller doll manufacturers are different in how the heads attach ... all I can guess is that it would take someone with the extra money (or who already has a large collection of different dolls made by different companies) to try to compile a list of which heads will fit which dolls made by other companies (if any will) and which might fit with modification
Yes, the compatibility issue is a problem, but most larger doll's heads can not be exchanged freely, either. What I can say for 1/6 scale head/body combinations is that, with some fiddling, most connectors can be made to fit. E.g. Kumik head/LD body, or our OSK custom head sculpts on an Edation body. It's not plug & play, but with some handicraft it's possible and it's definitely easier than repairing a broken hip on a life-sized doll.

Regarding the 1/3 scale bodies by LD, we carry four head/body combinations that are designed to fit (Heart, Yours, Mini, Kate).

-Ira

Edit: Images as promised. Please remember, this doll is 28,5 cm tall (top of the head to soles of the feet).
Poseability of Edation 2.0's fingers.
dollstudio-2014-4075.jpg (62.75 KiB) Viewed 4689 times
Her fingers can hold a pose…
dollstudio-2014-4080.jpg (71.88 KiB) Viewed 4689 times
…and grab to something…
dollstudio-2014-4097.jpg (91.13 KiB) Viewed 4689 times
…and even hold heavier objects.

Also visible in the pictures: There are visible seamlines; the fingers have no joints, just wires; earlier or later there will be finger pokes. But honestly, I have seen all of this in dolls five times the size of this body.
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

komugi
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by komugi »

Dollstudio wrote:
komugi wrote:I can kind of understand why there is no option like that for most of the dolls smaller than 1/3 scale ... the finger wires would be so thin as to be too fragile to last (and too thin to be able to hold the fingers in a pose) ...
Actually, the Edation 2.0 body can hold her fingers in a pose, and it is a 1/6 scale miniature. I'll look up some photos to demonstrate that capability.
I stand corrected ... those are some nice pics of that doll's hand holding objects and holding a pose

and I agree completely ... the finger poke problem does in fact exist with the full sized girls also ... I have seen some complaints about that very problem over the past few years

I also agree that the head swapping is also a problem with the larger girls ... for the same reason, different doll makers do things differently

Alucard1959
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Alucard1959 »

They truly are lovely dolls. Are they just for posing? Has anyone ever modified one for "intamite use"?
Imaginary lovers never turn you down. They always care, they're always there when you need satisfaction guaranteed. Your mine,anytime, my imaginary lover.
"Atlanta Rythum Section"

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Alucard1959 wrote:They truly are lovely dolls. Are they just for posing? Has anyone ever modified one for "intamite use"?
They are for posing, playing, and collecting. They are not designed for penetration, and they can not be modified for sex, like a manikin. Any attempt to do so will irrevocably destroy them. Please remember that 1/6 scale is the size of a small Barbie doll (less than 30 cm body height). However, some of these miniatures have squeezable breasts and might be used for cuddling.

The smallest mini dolls usable for sex with a human male start around 60 cm body height (1/3 scale), e.g. WM Dolls' 65 cm body (body height: 65 cm; depth of vagina: 14 cm). And even these dolls are very delicate.
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

Why cant they make these dolls with this type of skeleton and drape silicone skin over it? No need for heavy metal skeletons that cause finger wire pokes.

komugi
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by komugi »

Tybalt wrote:Image
Why cant they make these dolls with this type of skeleton and drape silicone skin over it? No need for heavy metal skeletons that cause finger wire pokes.
interesting idea 8)

I can forsee some possible problems with that idea though ... one being the thickness of the silicone (or TPE) skin used to cover the bjd style skeleton ... would the silicone or TPE skin have enough elasticity to stretch and bunch up as the fingers (or other joints) are moved to place the doll in various positions ... human skin is incredibly elastic ... because if the silicone or TPE skin is not elastic enough you will still get finger pokes, or worse, the skin splitting at or around the various joints ... especially if the skin is very thin, which would be required on the smaller dolls so that the hands would be able to look at least close to the proper size for the scale of the doll

I can visualize how your idea of a bjd type skeleton with a silicone or TPE skin over it might work better for the larger full sized girls ... since the skin could be thick enough to be both elastic enough and durable enough to hold up to frequent use, and still remain "true-to-scale" so that proper appearance could be achieved

that idea could also work towards making some of the more exotic designs ... LOL I can easily visualize how that "skin over a skeleton" idea could be used to add a nice flexible furry tail on an exotic doll design, and have it look right :mrgreen:

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Tybalt wrote:Why cant they make these dolls with this type of skeleton and drape silicone skin over it? No need for heavy metal skeletons that cause finger wire pokes.
BJD style fingers won't work on small dolls because you would have to enclose the "bones" into some flexible material and then cover it with silicone. The only manufacturer capable of doing something remotely similar is Scoonim Dolls: http://www.scoonimdolls.com/gallery-2d-gb.html? But they don't use silicone, and their miniature dolls start at 2,350.00 Euro (excl. VAT).

If you just cover joints with silicone, two things will happen: The joints will gnaw through the silicone with every movement; and the fingers will always move back to the position you molded them (either with a fist, or streteched, or something in between). Those fingers could not keep a pose, unless you use either tight joints, or an mechanical equivalent for muscles and strings.

INFORMATIONS