https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

Hi... I'm new here (long)

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

Zed90230
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Hi... I'm new here (long)

Post by Zed90230 »

I've never owned any life-size dolls, though I've modified a few 11.5" fashion dolls on and off for a few years, and recently bought my 1st 16" collector doll.

I saw a couple of other threads in this subforum about where to get doll clothes... I didn't read them, but if the OP's of those threads ever read this post, then boy have I got some good news for you. Read on...

I first learned to sew back in '79 when I was in middle school (then called junior high) home ec class... I was an unusual boy, more on that later. Fast forward to '93, I started experimenting with how to sew Lycra and Polylite, and I put 2 and 2 together by figuring out how to use liquid laundry starch to make the fabrics thick enough to sew. Yes, this is the big secret to sewing bicycle racing suits!

Fast forward again to '98, I bought my first 11.5" doll, a Tie Dye Barbie, which happened to have poseable elbows and knees. I practiced making outfits for her from time to time... over the years I bought a few more Barbies and "Barboids" and made modified bodies for some of them out of polyester resin and fiberglass cloth (the same stuff they use to repair yacht hulls). My favorite modified doll to date has a head from a Fairy Enchantress Barbie, poseable arms and legs from one of those university cheerleader Barbies they had on closeout at the now-defunct KB Toys, and a body made by me. I named her Linda, because she's my ideal of feminine beauty, even though most other men might find her unusual figure off-putting. <3 She has also been a very helpful little model... through her, I've worked out the patterns for such outfits as skirts, tights, swimsuits, T-shirts, even a fancy ball gown. I'm happy to announce that I'm about 2/3 finished writing my first book of patterns for 11.5" doll outfits!!! These work a little differently than the ones they sell in the fabric stores... mine are meant to be photocopied, pasted onto card stock, and cut out to make stencils for tracing the patterns right onto the fabrics. I have plenty of friends who are into crafts, so selling my book will be easy when it's ready to go to press. Of course, patterns can be scaled up to life size if that's what floats your boat, the good news there is the bigger the piece, the less likely you'll run into problems.

Recently, I just bought my 1st 16" fashion doll, a Back To Basics Blonde Alex by Madame Alexander. I like her poseability and am not going to modify her... I've already sewed her a beautiful purple ballgown with matching tights. All I need to do to make Linda's patterns fit Alex is to photocopy them at 140%, and voila, they fit Alex perfectly.

I have a friend who's going to finish college soon, and he has discussed with me the idea of buying a 3D printer so he and I can design our own 16" poseable doll, not exactly what you'd call a fashion doll because she's supposed to be pretty without looking like a glitzy prostitute.

Anyhow, a little about me... straight but openly asexual 47-yo man, lived alone for the past 7 years, dated exactly 5 women in my life and didn't like any of them much. I also do a fair amount of metalworking and woodworking in my spare time. I have my own ideas about feminine beauty but I also have no libido, so I'm perfectly happy with these small size dolls. I think I'll be sticking with my lovely little Linda for a while, or at least until asexuals have their Stonewall moment.

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Hi... I'm new here (long)

Post by Lemminkainen »

A%20big%20warm%20welcome%20logo.jpg
A%20big%20warm%20welcome%20logo.jpg (24.83 KiB) Viewed 1543 times
Welcome to TDF Zed90230!
8O There are members here that will be contacting you for info, for sure, be ready! :lol:
Thank you for bringing your knowledge and expertise here. :glou:

Lemm

Zed90230
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Zed90230 »

Thanks, Lemm... I haven't read the entire ToS yet, so I didn't want to start engaging in any shameless self-promotion, at least until I know whether it's ok for other members to PM me for doll clothing/bod-mod tips.

Those who read my 1st post should keep in mind, however, that while I can make outfits that look stunning on a doll (come on, what straight guy doesn't enjoy the sight of a pair of tights on shapely female legs?), doing so requires a sewing machine and a LOT of patience...

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

A very warm welcome to the forum Zed, :glou: and thanks for that very comprehensive introduction. There are many fans of miniature dolls here, myself included, so you will find an active community here for them.
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

Varkeo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Varkeo »

Welcome Zed glad to meet ya! :mrgreen:

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Hi Zed, welcome to the forum. I can´t say anything about a 3D-printer, but my Phicen ladies are great!
Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

Max50

Post by Max50 »

Hello Zed -
May your 3-D dreams come true.

plasticdoll666
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by plasticdoll666 »

Hi, nice to meet someone else that is new here. Warmest regards.

jorgereynoso

Post by jorgereynoso »

Hi Zed!! I am new here too, welcome to the correct place!!

INFORMATIONS