https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

My photography experiments

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

Silicone Jam
Active Poster
Active Poster

My photography experiments

Post by Silicone Jam »

It’s passed over a year when I started my photography experiments with Phicen doll. I must admit that I already had experience in photography before I started taking pictures of my mini doll. I’m freelance photographer who make photoshoots for women clothing stores and private clients. Well, that was before covid crisis and for now my photography business is more like additional profit for my part-time job that doesn’t bound to photography.

Main purpose of all this stuff with Phicen doll is practice with various lighting effects, lighting schemes and a little bit of posing. And of course simple joy of watching female body curves, you know… :D
In my country surprisingly hard to find models who agrees posing nude or even topless, so here comes Phicen doll to help, haha. Other benefit of shooting doll: it’s saving money. When working with real models you need to pay them, you need to pay for studio rent and other stuff. Sometimes model can suddenly change her mind and reject photoshoot: wasted time and money for studio rent as result. This sucks. Things like that happens sometimes but not really often. Experimenting with doll right at home mini studio I saved a lot of time and money. Pure win :D

I’d like to share some pictures I made, starting from early beginning of my experiments. Most of my pictures made with one or two lights setup (I use speedlites with wireless sync). If you guys have any questions about lighting schemes or “how it’s made”, feel free to ask, I won’t bite :D

Well then, let’s start! Here’s first series, I called it “Laundry day” (because I literally washed all her clothes that day). Beads necklace I made myself.
01.jpg
01.jpg (178.53 KiB) Viewed 1940 times
02.jpg
02.jpg (198.97 KiB) Viewed 1940 times
03.jpg
03.jpg (159.45 KiB) Viewed 1940 times
04.jpg
04.jpg (126.53 KiB) Viewed 1940 times

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: My photography experiments

Post by Mr Franz »

I'd say a pretty successful experiment! :thumbs_up:

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Beautiful shots Silicone Jam! Welcome to the forum! Your girl looks like my Sky, a Super Duck head with those beautiful moveable eyes. SD makes some great products. I've been pretty pleased with everything I've gotten from them.

I know what you mean about the difficulty of finding live models and the costs involved. Someday I hope to work with models again but my dolls have been keeping me happy for now. I look forward to more of your experiments!

Wolferich
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Wolferich »

Great pictures SJ. After looking at the pictures, I wondered for a while if this was really a phicen or a small silicone doll.
How did you get the transitions of the hands and feet so well?
Have a nice day or night.

Wolferich M. Mf.

Büchsenmacher MK. XI

Studio
Asst. Manager - TDF
Asst. Manager - TDF

Post by Studio »

Wow, looks full size.

Silicone Jam
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Silicone Jam »

Thanks guys, glad you liked it! :)
ShadowFun wrote:Your girl looks like my Sky, a Super Duck head with those beautiful moveable eyes. SD makes some great products. I've been pretty pleased with everything I've gotten from them.
Yep, it's same head. I love it. Pretty face, movable eyes, just what I wanted :)
Wolferich wrote:After looking at the pictures, I wondered for a while if this was really a phicen or a small silicone doll.
Studio wrote:Wow, looks full size.
I don't like how look these joints on hands and feet and I retouch them in Photoshop, what makes Phicen doll look like bigger size silicone doll. In fact, it's regular S24A body. This result can be achieved with Content-Aware Fill and Stamp tools. You can use one or another but I'd recommend to use both.

Ah yes, I forgot... I call her Molly. Another shot of her made just for fun. Size comparison to other objects :D
05.jpg
05.jpg (187.61 KiB) Viewed 1870 times

Studio
Asst. Manager - TDF
Asst. Manager - TDF

Post by Studio »

You do such a good job they just look like oversized props.

Nynaeve
Doll
Doll

Post by Nynaeve »

Molly is truly beautiful. Her belly button is so cute. Do you think she would be willing to partake in some Tequila belly shots?
I am the leader of F.A.E. (Fairies Alliance for Elves)
Most of our adventures can be found here.

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Yeah like already mentioned, if you did not say the were miniature Phicen Dolls, I would have thought these were life size Dolls, most pictures of Phicens look like Mini Dolls, these pictures do not, you definitely have some kind of MOJO going on here... :D

Wolferich
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Wolferich »

This reminds me of the Duracell bunny. That had an opening at the back for the batteries
Have a nice day or night.

Wolferich M. Mf.

Büchsenmacher MK. XI

banditman
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by banditman »

She looks awesome, clever stuff!

Silicone Jam
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Silicone Jam »

Nynaeve wrote:Molly is truly beautiful. Her belly button is so cute. Do you think she would be willing to partake in some Tequila belly shots?
I'm afraid she's don't like alcohol, unlike me :D
Dollfriend wrote:Yeah like already mentioned, if you did not say the were miniature Phicen Dolls, I would have thought these were life size Dolls, most pictures of Phicens look like Mini Dolls, these pictures do not, you definitely have some kind of MOJO going on here... :D
Thanks :) When I making shots of her, I do it just like for human models. This is all about perspective perception. If you want make object or subject in picture look bigger, you need to place point of view on same height level or lower and stay closer to object/subject. Second thing you need is normal or telephoto lens and not wide-angle lens, since last one make more perspective distortion at short range. Lens with 50-80mm focal length (35mm equivalent) is best for portrait photography and shots like this. I use vintage MC Helios 44M-4 as my primary lens. It's cheap, easy to buy and it make beautiful shots (and swirly bokeh, since it's Biotar clone).
Wolferich wrote:This reminds me of the Duracell bunny. That had an opening at the back for the batteries
Oh yeah, I remember that! :D
banditman wrote:She looks awesome, clever stuff!
Thank you :)

And here is another shots. Molly goes lewd... :D
06.jpg
06.jpg (195.67 KiB) Viewed 1785 times
07.jpg
07.jpg (204.61 KiB) Viewed 1785 times
These shots was made with only one speedlite with simple diffusor like this:
s-l1000.jpg
s-l1000.jpg (40.54 KiB) Viewed 1785 times
This almost not working for bigger models like humans or full sized dolls but for Phicens it works fine. Same effect as if you take picture of someone using 24" softbox or beauty dish.

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

It seems the Darker the Photo with contrasting light the more the Doll looks larger the more brighter the picture with less or no contrasting light the more the Doll looks smaller.

Silicone Jam
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Silicone Jam »

Dollfriend wrote:It seems the Darker the Photo with contrasting light the more the Doll looks larger the more brighter the picture with less or no contrasting light the more the Doll looks smaller.
It's more about point of view rather than lighting. Also props can make difference or small details like fabric texture or thickness of doll hair that can show object is smaller than a real person.

This time I'd like to share some dark fantasy mood.
2 lights setup, aluminum foil as background. Molly sits on chair or standing near it. I used red and blue gels for speedlites to paint her in red and background in blue. Also foil make these nice color reflections in out of focus area.
8.jpg
8.jpg (269.96 KiB) Viewed 1718 times
9.jpg
9.jpg (208.26 KiB) Viewed 1718 times
10.jpg
10.jpg (261.57 KiB) Viewed 1718 times

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Very moody! I don't use flashes. I've never been able to visualize the resulting image properly. I also have a 44M lens but I don't use it as much as I should. My favorite vintage lens is my Olympus Pen 38mm. I shoot it wide open at f1.8 almost exclusively. It's tiny also and is perfect on my crop sensor Fuji.

INFORMATIONS