https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

Making Nutmeg's Second Dress

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

CinnamonLover
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Making Nutmeg's Second Dress

Post by CinnamonLover »

Greetings!

Someone over at Dolls Alive was kind enough to ask how I made Nutmeg's dress. I realized that I had a brief explanation of how I made her first, signature, green dress and attached the wings, but I have a new set of wings and a new way of attaching them, and a new dress! Thank you to everyone who has made me feel wonderful about having a sprite and playing Nutmeg all over the boards (but especially Dolls Alive).

Again, I started with my trusty old dinner napkin, which is now just about out of fabric so I'll need something else soon! But the edges of the napkin were perfect for making "bands" for the skirt and top. I measured the new band based on one I had made that works great for Nutmeg (one of her wingless tops for when she has them folded away and wants to fit in more places - those wings are big! At least for her).
Nutmeg_0431_CraftingNewDress.jpg
Nutmeg_0431_CraftingNewDress.jpg (324.27 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
Instead of a garden hose clamp (or two connected together) I found this at Hobby Lobby! Flat Aluminum Wire. It is turning out perfect. You can see it in the middle of the picture above.
Nutmeg_0432_CraftingNewDress.jpg
Nutmeg_0432_CraftingNewDress.jpg (490.8 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
Also at Hobby Lobby I went through their fall selection of leaves - I went right at the beginning of October so there was a wonderful selection. I settled on these, as being the color and size I was looking for.
Nutmeg_0433_CraftingNewDress.jpg
Nutmeg_0433_CraftingNewDress.jpg (345.66 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
Obviously you don't just stick a branch on her and call the job done. So it was like I was the cold wind of autumn. All the leaves came off the branch. I used scissors. Much easier than blowing cold air on them for weeks. But the pile of leaves on my desk was great!
Nutmeg_0434_CraftingNewDress.jpg
Nutmeg_0434_CraftingNewDress.jpg (337.4 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
Now you can see why I like the napkin edge. The "hem" is just about perfect for sliding the aluminum wire inside, to reinforce the fabric. Really was a perfect match. We got our sewing machine fixed a few days ago, so I suppose I could do this on my own in the future not needing a hem. Which is good. I recently used up the last of it.
Nutmeg_0435_CraftingNewDress.jpg
Nutmeg_0435_CraftingNewDress.jpg (211.93 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
Next I spent some time going through the pile of leaves to find the perfect two to function as "cups". I was looking for a certain size and color dynamic. On the left you can see the stem still in, on the right I carefully snip the stem out, up to about the first major "vein", in preparation for "cupping" and the next step.
Nutmeg_0438_CraftingNewDress.jpg
Nutmeg_0438_CraftingNewDress.jpg (359.7 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
Cupping is accomplished by overlapping the bottom of the leaf and gluing it together. I used hot glue, though I have since found that superglue works better on the material of the fake leaves. I still use hot glue more often because I have rather a lot of it, I like to use it, and I don't have a lot of superglue. I also like working with hot glue more than superglue. So I overlapped the "back" of the leaf so the "front" would bow outward and form the basis for the "cup". Even though she's small, Nutmeg has beautiful breasts and deserves the best.
Nutmeg_0439_CraftingNewDress.jpg
Nutmeg_0439_CraftingNewDress.jpg (306.73 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
Here you can see they are sized and shaped perfectly, just a little larger than the cloth cups on the green dress, which is a good thing 8O
Nutmeg_0441_CraftingNewDress.jpg
Nutmeg_0441_CraftingNewDress.jpg (331.81 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
CinnamonLover. Because I love cinnamon. And Cinnamon, and Nutmeg, and Cloves! Here is our Eye Candy Thread: CinnamonLover's Spice Girls

CinnamonLover
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Making Nutmeg's Second Dress

Post by CinnamonLover »

Now it's time to attach the wings (and a second post so I don't hit the image limit).

Some of these images didn't come out as well, the contrast got wonky because the wings really do reflect light wondefully!

Here you can see the band with the aluminum wire in it. I have slit the top of the cloth seam and pulled it down to expose more of the wire. The wings have their own copper wire coming out like stems. I wound them around the flat aluminum band.
Nutmeg_0442_CraftingNewDressWings.jpg
Nutmeg_0442_CraftingNewDressWings.jpg (228.61 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
This picture is darker but you can see each wing has two wires. Here one of them is still straight though the first one has already been wound tightly into place.
Nutmeg_0444_CraftingNewDressWings.jpg
Nutmeg_0444_CraftingNewDressWings.jpg (307.43 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
ALSO at Hobby Lobby (you know what gift cards to get me) I found a nice pair of rounded needle-nose crafting pliers that I like very much. They have a cutter which I used for the flat aluminum band. I used the pliers to wind the last twist or two of each wire snug but not too tight (the wires will break) around the aluminum band.
Nutmeg_0445_CraftingNewDressWings.jpg
Nutmeg_0445_CraftingNewDressWings.jpg (256.49 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
Finally I used my friend the Hot Glue Gun (I have two, a larger and smaller - I use the smaller one for projects like this), fitted the slit-open cloth back in place, and glued everything in place.
Nutmeg_0446_CraftingNewDressWings.jpg
Nutmeg_0446_CraftingNewDressWings.jpg (259.79 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
All done! Nutmeg liked a session in the warm sun and cool air.
Nutmeg_0455_AutumnWings.jpg
Nutmeg_0455_AutumnWings.jpg (349.47 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
She also loved the pumpkin I bought for her. It's like her Autumn Throne!
Nutmeg_0470_Pumpkin.jpg
Nutmeg_0470_Pumpkin.jpg (245.57 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
CinnamonLover. Because I love cinnamon. And Cinnamon, and Nutmeg, and Cloves! Here is our Eye Candy Thread: CinnamonLover's Spice Girls

Unknown03
Former Member

Post by Unknown03 »

I'm impressed with your creativity and artistry! It's a challenge for me to modify clothes for a 130 cm doll, but this takes doll clothes design to a whole new level. Well done... and Nutmeg looks lovely.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

very creative job it looks good on her.

carlys_guy

CinnamonLover
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CinnamonLover »

Hey thanks Carly's Guy and Autolycus!

Nutmeg (much like Cinnamon) was a product of my writing and my gaming, and I was motivated to try to make them come out just right. I had a blast working on Nutmeg's clothing, and in fact plan to make a wide variety of outfits for her. My biggest challenge, being a base newb with no particular sewing skills, is that next I'm hoping to do something like an old-time flight outfit, something like a bomber jacket or Steampunk air ship getup. I'm not sure my skills are up to that (though I have an awesome sewing machine). I will eventually try it, but I was hoping to find one and buy it.

The leaf-based dresses were fun to dream up and figure out.

Nutmeg loves holidays, so next I have to figure out something Christmas like.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

i hope you don't try a fir tree dress it could be painful it would smell great but those needles would be itchy and painful.

carlys_guy

CinnamonLover
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CinnamonLover »

carlys_guy wrote:i hope you don't try a fir tree dress it could be painful it would smell great but those needles would be itchy and painful.

carlys_guy
HA! Oh man. Each individual needle. And they're sticky! But it would look interesting if done in enough good layers. Talk about labor though! No. She can make that one herself if she really wants it.

INFORMATIONS