Starpery.com

A regrettable mistake

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
LadyPeridot
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: A regrettable mistake

Post by LadyPeridot »

Theres been times I attempted to repair my special mix tpe doll with different things that really messed her up worse. Like right now I keep her in a sitting position because the leg is on very very carefully held together bu just the skeleton. I used realdoll silicone mix and poured it all around the skeliton and inside the legs until all of it was used. It solidified into something you'd see on scarface. Next I attempted to fix the hand frame with glue and it just finished coming through anyway. Even simplely attempting to clean her with soap that was to harsh caused pores in the material. I can't afford to send it back to the manufacturer and having the chemicals needed to do it myself can't ship in the mail. Well a couple parts can and then i add the missing chemical but Im not sure I'd not waste what letting i was sent. My next plan is to take her with me on a road trip to texas and visting the states only special FX studio and have them use soemthing they can make typically used for props and masks.
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=13760

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Oh crap im sorry its late here on the eastern coast. Will be more mindful of that in the future. Thanks rubherkitty
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

broadfall

Post by broadfall »

You have a couple issues here. When u fill in the crater it is going to leave a shinny surface.
Here is how to fix a crater like this.
Buy some 2 part silicone from smooth on.
Also some novocs matte and silc-pig.
A trial size of silicone leaves you plenty to experiment with.
First find the right color. Pm me and I can tell.u how to achieve color match.
My wife is the expert with color and does all of my matching.
A little pigment goes a long way.
Add a small amount of novocs this will thin the silicone and also accelerate the curing.
Use a syringe or dropper and only add a drop at a time.
Most people put too much in the hole or get the excess on the skin which doesn't look good.
It is better to do multiple layers rather than add all at once.
Once everything is dry (give it a week to really cure good.
Now the tricky part, get a small sanding tip for your drill 150 grit.
Practice on another piece of silicone until you get the feel. Silicone can be sanded but it needs to be done in and multi direction. Example: while the drill is turning , you are moving the tip backward and forward. Apply the tip in 5 seconds then stop and wipe with alcohol. Don't over do it. Once the surface is almost level, switch over to 220 grit and then go with wet 400 & 600. In the final step mix up more silicone and novocs at a 10:1
Ratio with novocs being the 10 parts. Use an air brush and use sweeping motions over a 4-6 inch area, blending the color over the surface with a feather effect near the edges.
No repair is invisible , but an uneven surface and a shiny surface will draw the eye to the repair area no matter how
Well the repair was done.
Hope this helps. Sorry for errors, I am typing this on my phone while waiting for my number to be called at the pharmacy.
".....a man got to do something to make a living these days"
Dying ain't much of a living..... boy.
-Outlaw Josie Wales

4biddenartist
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by 4biddenartist »

You ever going to post a pic of your doll???
I think therefore,
I try not to.
-me

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

4biddenartist wrote:You ever going to post a pic of your doll???
Don't hold your breath.

The original poster of this thread has only 4 post and has not logged in to TDF in 2-1/2 yrs.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

INFORMATIONS