Starpery.com

RD skeleton photo?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
LatexLadyLover

RD skeleton photo?

Post by LatexLadyLover »

I need a skeleton photo because my B7 has loose thighs (up and down and in and out) Where do I make the incisions to tighten?

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: RD skeleton photo?

Post by Mechwizard »

There are pics of skeletons but will need to dig through the archives. The members who posted them are probably no longer forum members so don't expect a reply. The other problem is that the skels changed so much over the years that a photo may not help.

What year is your doll? What do you mean by up and down, in and out? If the limb is moving away from a joint then something is broken. If its just a matter of looseness then its best to live with it.
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

LatexLadyLover

Post by LatexLadyLover »

It's a 2004 or 05. Nothing broken. Up down in and out just means the normal motion of thigh. I would like more stiffness so it's more posable. Are RD legs supposed to kind of stay where you pose them? That would be a lot easier for missionary.

LatexLadyLover

Post by LatexLadyLover »

Oh,it's you. I really like looking at the pics you have up.You doll is one HOT brunette.

Ekkehard

Post by Ekkehard »

@LatexLadyLover,

some years ago I published 2 pics with a RD skeleton. Look here http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 76#p439076. I don't know where I've got these pics and I needed them for a repair. I hope it's a help for you.

Ekkehard

Synobyte07
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synobyte07 »

This pic came from a magazine article a while back...2007?
Attachments
422doll.jpg
422doll.jpg (67.63 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
"Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice." Zoetrope

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

Ekkehard's pics look to be a version of the early doll skeletons with the fully molded head, bolt-up hips and simple elbow and knee joints. You may have this skeleton. Synobyte's pic shows a late model, recognisable by the dark polymer hip joints and more refined joint system. LLL your doll won't have this. Your girl is likely to have the early system or the mid-period skeleton with a multi-part hip joint (Zara - the hot brunette is in this period).

Getting to the hip joints requires deep cutting and opening up the doll. It's a big deal. By tightening up a mid-period doll you will likely cause the hip to break because the extra resistance will produce extra stress in the joint or upper thigh. Generally because of the weight of the leg it is not expected that the joint should really hold a pose. This may work for some smaller dolls. If your doll is not broken then be thankful and leave it alone. You will be creating more problems than you fix if you start cutting.
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

LatexLadyLover

Post by LatexLadyLover »

Thanks.Very good advice from someone who is expirienced with this(I saw the photos of you fixing. ZARA). Thanks for saving me alot of trouble.

INFORMATIONS