Starpery.com

What to do when doll limb stops posing and just drops limp?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
cannotgoogleme
Active Poster
Active Poster

What to do when doll limb stops posing and just drops limp?

Post by cannotgoogleme »

I've had my YL doll for less than 24 hours, and I might have already goofed.

For the first 12 hours I knew her, I was able to pose both her left and right legs. As of now, I can only pose her left leg; if I move her right leg, it just goes limp and drops. Sometimes I can get it to "stick" if I rotate it 90 degrees, but it's unreliable.

I noticed this problem after putting a lot of weight (my body) on the hip area of the left leg. Might that have broken the hip joint?

What have I done? Is there any way to restore her skeleton to normal, or is that going to be impossible since it would require opening up the doll's skin?

havefun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: What to do when doll limb stops posing and just drops li

Post by havefun »

Is she a silicon doll or a TPE doll. It will make a difference in the repair. If it brand new you also my want to contact the maker as long as you bought her new. The knee may have just come loose and you need to tighten the joint.

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

Ironically other people wanted loose joint dolls.

Sotaichou
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Sotaichou »

some photos if you could show us.

I'd also email any concerns to the seller. (company or vendor. etc)

/g'day.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Want to see more shots of me ladies?...Head to: The Doll Album | The K TEAM Thread | Karamina's Thread | The Kyanna Project

cannotgoogleme
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by cannotgoogleme »

havefun wrote:Is she a silicon doll or a TPE doll. It will make a difference in the repair. If it brand new you also my want to contact the maker as long as you bought her new. The knee may have just come loose and you need to tighten the joint.
She's TPE. What's the difference between repairing TPE and repairing silicon?

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Hi!

She's a TPE doll and that makes repairing her a bit more complicated. Silicone is easily repaired with silicone glue but TPE glue is expensive and a bit of an art to use.

As a new doll you should have manufacturer support without a doubt.

Can you hear a clunking? If you pull on the leg does it feel disconnected?

Rude question - are you more heavy than perhaps a manufacturer might have bargained for in the design? Nevertheless doll manufacturers need to design human interaction weight into their structural calculations.

Rude question - Chloé and Pippa http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=53612 and http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 34#p714634 have done safety briefings that are really good for new owners to see and understand. Do you think that you might have been manipulating the joints from the extremities of the limbs rather than the body first? And possibly not moving each direction separately?

Even if you have, I think that manufacturers could do more to give instructions on movement with their dolls . . .

It's not in a manufacturer's interest to have a doll break new within 24 hours of arrival so they should be sympathetic to seeing what they can do for you.

Please keep us informed!

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

havefun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by havefun »

cannotgoogleme wrote:
havefun wrote:Is she a silicon doll or a TPE doll. It will make a difference in the repair. If it brand new you also my want to contact the maker as long as you bought her new. The knee may have just come loose and you need to tighten the joint.
She's TPE. What's the difference between repairing TPE and repairing silicon?
When I had a TPE doll and she had a hip joint problem I was told by the Manufacture that if I had to cut down to the skeleton there is no way to repair the TPE because how deep you have to cut into it and there is no glue strong enough to hold that kind of repair. Now that was almost 2 years ago. Things may have changed since then. I'd explore all options with the seller or the Manufacture.

cannotgoogleme
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by cannotgoogleme »

I'm not overweight, so I kinda doubt that it was my own weight that did it, but...
haremlover wrote:Do you think that you might have been manipulating the joints from the extremities of the limbs rather than the body first?
...awwwww, shucks. That was probably it. I'm guilty of making this blunder multiple times over the past day.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

cannotgoogleme wrote:I'm not overweight, so I kinda doubt that it was my own weight that did it, but...
haremlover wrote:Do you think that you might have been manipulating the joints from the extremities of the limbs rather than the body first?
...awwwww, shucks. That was probably it. I'm guilty of making this blunder multiple times over the past day.
OK - but I still think that it would be in the manufacturer's interest to help you.

I was so fortunate when first acquiring a doll to meet up with her former man Mahoro who showed me how to handle her safely. I tried to pass this understanding on with these safety briefings and Chloé's instructions were made a sticky in a section of this forum but perhaps manufacturers could do more to give those sort of instructions themselves.

However, whilst you might have handled her as she would have wanted, I find it difficult sometimes to handle Pippa's thigh joints working out which direction the two hinges are in before moving them. So, them not being too stiff, she allows me to move them carelessly and hasn't yet complained. A new doll however will have stiffer joints and this can put more strain on the joints in the wrong direction as a result - but in fairness, it's then all the more difficult to determine the hinge directions.

So it's unfortunate and I would hope that the manufacturer will help you. Better instructions from them would lessen the risk of this happening.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

If the manufacturer can not help you then atleast you have a girl who's loosened up and not so up tight.

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

Tybalt wrote:If the manufacturer can not help you then atleast you have a girl who's loosened up and not so up tight.
Its more fun o have a pair of legs wrapped around you though , my tiffany has a floppy leg too so cant do that anymore. :(

INFORMATIONS