Starpery.com

Care and maintenance of TPE

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Outkast
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Care and maintenance of TPE

Post by Outkast »

So I had my 1st 'experience' with Rhian my TPE doll last night. She has a fixed vagina and when cleaning afterwards I found it very difficult to get the microfiber cloth all the way in. Is this when you should use a tampon? Do you leave it in for overnight or a long period of time? Is this safe?

Also I am using an antibacterial toy wash at the moment. Could I use an antibacterial hand wash instead?

Thanks in advance
Get Stuffed!

Wish List: 4Woods CC Body Asami Head

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

I use the back end of a wooden spoon to push the micro-fiber towel all the way in. Just be careful not to push too far. After it is inserted, I use my finger to kind of separate the towel to where it contacts the interior walls of the cavity. This will soak up most of the moisture, and then you rely on wind from a fan to dry up the residual.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

KnightRider

Post by KnightRider »

Does cleaning help the chemical smell go away? Mine has a strong chemical smell. It is pretty irritating.
Love doll Honey (WM Dolls head #46 and WM Dolls 155cm body)
http://www.reallovesexdolls.com/lifelik ... oll-honey/

DollAfficionado

Cleaning will somewhat help the smell go away, but it will probably not solve the problem completely. Putting the doll in an isolated room with a window open for a week is one of the best ways to "air out" the doll. The smell will eventually disappear; it just unfortunately takes time.

NeoChibi
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by NeoChibi »

DollAfficionado wrote:1. Dawn is reasonably safe. Use a soap with as few extra ingredients in it as possible.

2. Dry a built-in with a micro-fiber towel & then use a mini-fan blowing into the pussy cavity to dry up residual moisture.

3. Baby Powder, corn starch, or cocoa powder. No extra ingredients. Powdering at least monthly is advised.

4. Store the doll flat and naked.

5. Recommend avoiding dark colored clothing completely. If you must use a dark piece of clothing, limit time worn to only what is absolutely necessary.
wait wait wait cocoa powder ???? are you serious? I'd do that and just lick her all the time can someone else tell me if this really works on tpe dolls?

DollAfficionado

Yes. I have used cocao powder on my dark-skinned TPE doll for 2 years with no problems. Just make sure that you use unsweetened cocao powder. I actually prefer to use a 1:1 mix of cocao powder and baby powder; however, if you like a darker appearance, there is no reason that you cannot use 100% unsweetened cocao powder.

Motorhead2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Motorhead2 »

Hey new here! ordering a doll soon but have questions. most have been answered but I was wondering about actually using the doll. after shes cleaned and powdered do I need to wear gloves while I'm playing with her or lube my hands? and do I powder her anus and vagina? lol sounds like a dumb question when reading it over. thanks!

jn1964
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by jn1964 »

I'm thinking of getting a tpe doll soon and ive found this a very handy guide so when I do get her I know I will be able to take good care of her.
Big thanks for the guide and just to make sure I've also downloaded the pdf guide :)

harvey48
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by harvey48 »

How to clean tpe from general dirt? My girl has dirty arms, a little on her legs and her back where I cuddle with her at night. I have tried mild liquid bath soap, ponds make up remover etc. Maybe dawn ?

DollAfficionado

Motorhead2 wrote:Hey new here! ordering a doll soon but have questions. most have been answered but I was wondering about actually using the doll. after shes cleaned and powdered do I need to wear gloves while I'm playing with her or lube my hands? and do I powder her anus and vagina? lol sounds like a dumb question when reading it over. thanks!
No, you do not need to wear gloves while playing with your doll. Wearing grippy gloves while showering your doll is not a bed idea however.

Yes the anus and vaginal cavity should be powdered periodically. If using an insert, I like to powder the exterior of the insert before each use as it makes the insertion easier. If powdering a built-in, make sure that the cavity is completely dry before you powder. The powder in the interior of the anus and vagina will not last as long for obvious reasons, so these cavities need to be powdered more frequently if they are being used for sex.

DollAfficionado

harvey48 wrote:How to clean tpe from general dirt? My girl has dirty arms, a little on her legs and her back where I cuddle with her at night. I have tried mild liquid bath soap, ponds make up remover etc. Maybe dawn ?
I have found Dawn to be safe for my TPE dolls.

If your doll is just a little dirty, then a wipe down with a damp micro-fiber cloth is usually sufficient. Eventually though, your doll will get so dirty that it will be time for a shower. Just be very careful not to get any water inside the internal skeleton; in other words, keep the neck joint covered. The doll gets very slippery in the shower, so wearing a pair of grippy gloves may help the shower go better and protect her (and you!).

After your doll has dried after a shower is the perfect time to give your doll a thorough powdering.

Thinkinabout_it
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Thinkinabout_it »

Doc Brown wrote:I got the following info and attachment from 1AM. I hope it helps.

"To us whether the material is porous or not is not the issue, most that have submitted issues with damage have submerged the doll in water. This is a huge risk and we do not recommend anyone submerging their doll. There are pockets inside the vagina that can retain water and if not dried, mildew can start to build or if a customer has an insert version of the doll there are air relief holes inside the vagina chamber that could allow water to get inside the dolls body near the skeleton.

We would say a high percentage of postings have overused water on the product. If you email us: sales@iamdollusa.com we have our recommend care instructions to keep the doll sanitary and safe."

Care and Maintenance.pdf
Darn it! That was one of the biggest things I was totally looking forward to was taking a bath with my doll. I have been seriously planning on a TPE doll, but now I guess I must start all over again and take a 2nd look at silicone dolls (more expensive but seem to be safer in all respects)

Doc Brown
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doc Brown »

Thinkinabout_it wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:I got the following info and attachment from 1AM. I hope it helps.

"To us whether the material is porous or not is not the issue, most that have submitted issues with damage have submerged the doll in water. This is a huge risk and we do not recommend anyone submerging their doll. There are pockets inside the vagina that can retain water and if not dried, mildew can start to build or if a customer has an insert version of the doll there are air relief holes inside the vagina chamber that could allow water to get inside the dolls body near the skeleton.

We would say a high percentage of postings have overused water on the product. If you email us: sales@iamdollusa.com we have our recommend care instructions to keep the doll sanitary and safe."

Care and Maintenance.pdf
Darn it! That was one of the biggest things I was totally looking forward to was taking a bath with my doll. I have been seriously planning on a TPE doll, but now I guess I must start all over again and take a 2nd look at silicone dolls (more expensive but seem to be safer in all respects)
I'm not sure if you can fully submerge Silicone either.
I think the issue is water getting trolled inside rather than what the material is.
Perhaps someone like Harem can speak to this as I do not own a silicone doll.

DollAfficionado

You definitely do not want to fully submerge a TPE doll in water; however, a shower is fine as long as you cover up the neck. Basically, you must not let water get into the interior portions of the doll or else the lifespan of the doll will be significantly reduced.

limelight

Post by limelight »

So i own a beautiful TPE doll and the biggest issue i have is drying her cavities (vagina built in) after use/clean so im looking into buying an aquarium air pump but im not sure which one to get because i have no idea about these pumps.. like how strong dose the pump need to be.. how can i tell how strong the pump is? how about price range and so on.. anyone get a pump ??

INFORMATIONS