Starpery.com

Product I Found

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
lordslag
Ex-Member

Product I Found

Post by lordslag »

Hi all. This is my first post to dollforum.com but I have owned my first doll (1st-PC Nicole torso) since around Jan 5th of 2005. Not too many people jump in so deep with their first purchase but I figured that no man ever regretted buying quality so I went full throttle.

I have certainly NOT regretted it in any way though I quickly learned that silicone tears and while I purchased a repair kit from them that, in and of itself its great, it doesn't cut the mustard for a very specific type of repair. I don't know if anyone else has ever encountered this problem but tears began to develop at the interface between chest wall and the bottom of her right breast. Due to the construction, the breast almost completely isolated the tear site from the surrounding air and retards silicone curing to a point where it's impossible to use 2 component, tin cure silicone to fix it.

The whole point of this is that I ran across a product that perhaps will make other people's lives a #*$& load easier. It's called "Sil-Poxy" from Smooth-On. Their website is http://www.smooth-on.com and it's easy to search for the product from there. It's about $25, is single component, cures in about 12 minutes or about 2 hours if oxygen starved, has a pleasant white-grey color when dry, has almost as good elasticity as the original silicone, and if you mix if FAST enough it will accept coloring too!! This is a bit of a problem, however, as you must be quick about it. While exposed to air and being mixed it will cure to uselesness in about 3 minutes so you must be fully prepared and rush to completion, application and "positioning" so as not to leave any seams. The lightning fast, super strong curing is simultaneously it's greatest virtue as well as it's only downfall. Fortunately, the placement of this tear does not detract from the appearance of "Vivian" as a happy side benefit of it's frustrating repair neccesities and location. The texture is, however, slightly different from the silicone used to make the doll in the first place and if this product MUST be used in a place where, ahem, shall we say "repetitive friction" will take place it must be followed up by a layer of more fleshy 2 component silicone. I find that the repair kit stuff that I bought from 1st-PC was MORE than sufficient. I Hope that my rather verbose posting helps make at least one other persons Life less difficult.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I yearn for the day when robotics, combined with flesh simulation, makes all the Emotional, Sexual and Reproductive Power that women posess and abuse, disappear like a puff of smoke in a hurricane. Only then will the sexes be equal." :twisted: [/url]

larryb22
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by larryb22 »

Thanks for the info. I'll file it away fro future reference, in case Dee Nicole needs some repairs later.
Larry

haljayjim

Post by haljayjim »

1 part - no mixing! sign me up. I think angel luv may appreciate this stuff some-time down the road as well (since i hate messing with 2 part compounds that aren't "idiot proof" :roll: )

tora

Thanks

Post by tora »

Hello lordslag,

Your first post was a good one. Thanks for the interesting link, and welcome to TDF.

tora

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

welcome and thanks for the info

Rentell :wink:

guy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by guy »

I use Silpoxy regularly and the stuff is excellent! Bonds to almost anything.
Guy

lordslag
Ex-Member

:)

Post by lordslag »

Thanx for the warm welcome everyone!

INFORMATIONS